HOLY SMOKES!! I'm in LOVE with Levers!!

I have a Marlin 336a - Pre 64 Winchester- Winchester 94- trapper and a Golden Boy. All in 30-30 except, obviously, the Golden Boy, which was my son's first rifle.
30-30 in a handy little lever really has some oomph. You can see why so many deer have been taken with that round. And I have scoped rifles as well that can really reach out, but you can get a lever with irons on target so fast that it's scary. 30-30 really knocks stuff down. Out to 150-200 yards a lever with irons is a solid choice, if you are comfortable with you abilities and your rifle.

I went on a used rifle hunt looking for a lever action in .357 or 45 this weekend. I hit 619, Shooters, Merrimack, Gunrunners 101a, and Riley's. I also hit Pete's and The Barn Store with emails/FB messages with "looking for" and got "nothing here right now" responses. I saw a ton of 30-30, a couple of .32, a .41, a couple .44 and lots of .22, all used, but none used in .357. Trying very hard to keep myself limited to under $500 and .357 or 45 colt. Even made space in my ammo drawer for a new caliber. Now if I could just find the right used rifle.....

ammo drawer.jpg

I went on a used rifle hunt looking for a lever action in .357 or 45 this weekend. I hit 619, Shooters, Merrimack, Gunrunners 101a, and Riley's. I also hit Pete's and The Barn Store with emails/FB messages with "looking for" and got "nothing here right now" responses. I saw a ton of 30-30, a couple of .32, a .41, a couple .44 and lots of .22, all used, but none used in .357. Trying very hard to keep myself limited to under $500 and .357 or 45 colt. Even made space in my ammo drawer for a new caliber. Now if I could just find the right used rifle.....

View attachment 255315

Last time I was at Old Glory they had a couple of used .357 levers there.

View attachment 255315
What about Cabelas (MA and ME) or Kittery?

What about Cabelas (MA and ME) or Kittery?
I was thinking of hitting Bass Pro in Hooksett. I'm trying to stay pretty local and not involve ME or MA. KTP lists their in stock used, and what they had did not fit my price point. I'm trying to stay under $500 ish.

Sorry to hi-jack this thread.....

Back
Top Bottom