• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HOLY SMOKES!! I'm in LOVE with Levers!!

I always knew they would be fun, but had no idea they'd be THIS much fun!!!
Henry Big Boy in .44 Mag, on the right, Marlin 1895 SBL (.45-70 Gov't) on the left.
View attachment 254219
Aren’t levers awesome!? I’ve had Henry goldenboy 22, big boy 357 and 44. I’ve since sold those and now have the Henry All Weather 44 mag. They are just too much damn fun to shoot. I remember when I first got my goldenboy, I felt like a cowboy lol.

That is a purdy rifle. HOLY brass !!! Nice !

I shot a springfield trapdoor 45-70. It was an awesome rifle to shoot. Too bad the rounds cost so much, if you don't reload. If you don't you should learn.

Now you need a Uberti clone of a Winchester 1873 if you want super sexy and addictive.
Great pic!
I love me some lever guns.
Ever look at the ballistics of pistol cartridges in a carbine? Add a good 300 FPS to what a revolver does. Heck of a lot of power in a little repeater

My absolute favorite gun that I always bring to the range and I always shoot it no matter what is my Henry rifle. If I don't shoot my Henry it was a bad day at the range. Shooting that rifle is such a joy. The lever action is as smooth as silk, it looks great and it's probably easier and more enjoyable to shoot than my AR. I guess I can see why cowboys loved them.

My absolute favorite gun that I always bring to the range and I always shoot it no matter what is my Henry rifle. If I don't shoot my Henry it was a bad day at the range. Shooting that rifle is such a joy. The lever action is as smooth as silk, it looks great and it's probably easier and more enjoyable to shoot than my AR. I guess I can see why cowboys loved them.

How strong are the Henry's in comparison to the Marlin's, especially in heavy calibers like the 45-70?

one-of-us-one-of-us-one-of-us.jpg

How strong are the Henry's in comparison to the Marlin's, especially in heavy calibers like the 45-70?
I’d have to imagine they’re just as strong but I have no experience with their 45-70 model.

the henry 45-70 is a beast. action feels very solid. i've put at least 100 rounds of the full power hornady 325gr FTX ammo through it and the only issue was my shoulder. if i were looking for a rifle to shoot full power 45-70 i would go with the Henry. with the skinner peep sight mine shoots ~2 feet high at 100 yards but it brings it right back to even hold at ~25 and 250 yards. last time i shot mine at 300 it was easy to make each hit on a torso sided target. pretty impressive accuracy a 45 caliber 325 gr bullet.

I don't know. The only thing I do know is that I was at a gun show a few years and saw a Henry for the first time and said I want this. It's the one rifle I enjoy pulling out, polishing all of the fingerprints off of it and giving it a fresh coat of oil and putting it back. Like I said before it's an absolute hoot to shoot it. There are still 2 rifles Henry makes that I would like to have, the AR7 and the all weather in the 45-70 like you mentioned. I added it to the bucket list shortly after buying my first Henry. When the day comes and I buy the 45-70 I'll be sure to post my report.

I don't know. The only thing I do know is that I was at a gun show a few years and saw a Henry for the first time and said I want this. It's the one rifle I enjoy pulling out, polishing all of the fingerprints off of it and giving it a fresh coat of oil and putting it back. Like I said before it's an absolute hoot to shoot it. There are still 2 rifles Henry makes that I would like to have, the AR7 and the all weather in the 45-70 like you mentioned. I added it to the bucket list shortly after buying my first Henry. When the day comes and I buy the 45-70 I'll be sure to post my report.

I will volunteer to carry your ammo to the range in return for letting take a few shots with it. ;)

I love lever guns
Have pre 64 Winchester’s in 30-30 and 32 win special.
I hunt with a Browning BLR in 308
And also have Henry 22 for plinking.
I really want the new Henry in 327 no idea why other then I think it’s cool.

I have a Henry in 357 and a Marlin in 30-30, love shooting them. Will probably get another lever at some point too.

Does your marlin have the rear band screw/pin issue on the foregrip ? I bought a used marlin a few months back with a broken screw/pin but since replaced it with a new pin sent from Remington. Supposedly the new ones are made to not break after a few rounds.

Back
Top Bottom