• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HOLY SMOKES!! I'm in LOVE with Levers!!

I have a Marlin 336a - Pre 64 Winchester- Winchester 94- trapper and a Golden Boy. All in 30-30 except, obviously, the Golden Boy, which was my son's first rifle.
30-30 in a handy little lever really has some oomph. You can see why so many deer have been taken with that round. And I have scoped rifles as well that can really reach out, but you can get a lever with irons on target so fast that it's scary. 30-30 really knocks stuff down. Out to 150-200 yards a lever with irons is a solid choice, if you are comfortable with you abilities and your rifle.

I went on a used rifle hunt looking for a lever action in .357 or 45 this weekend. I hit 619, Shooters, Merrimack, Gunrunners 101a, and Riley's. I also hit Pete's and The Barn Store with emails/FB messages with "looking for" and got "nothing here right now" responses. I saw a ton of 30-30, a couple of .32, a .41, a couple .44 and lots of .22, all used, but none used in .357. Trying very hard to keep myself limited to under $500 and .357 or 45 colt. Even made space in my ammo drawer for a new caliber. Now if I could just find the right used rifle.....

ammo drawer.jpg

I went on a used rifle hunt looking for a lever action in .357 or 45 this weekend. I hit 619, Shooters, Merrimack, Gunrunners 101a, and Riley's. I also hit Pete's and The Barn Store with emails/FB messages with "looking for" and got "nothing here right now" responses. I saw a ton of 30-30, a couple of .32, a .41, a couple .44 and lots of .22, all used, but none used in .357. Trying very hard to keep myself limited to under $500 and .357 or 45 colt. Even made space in my ammo drawer for a new caliber. Now if I could just find the right used rifle.....

View attachment 255315

Last time I was at Old Glory they had a couple of used .357 levers there.

View attachment 255315
What about Cabelas (MA and ME) or Kittery?

Back
Top Bottom