HK releases the new HK433

And...I'm betting the usual HK pricing. The MR was 3 times the price of ur average AR. They'd have to keep the price below SCAR pricing to make it worth it, most argue whether the 556 version of the scar was worth switching from the AR platform.

And...I'm betting the usual HK pricing. The MR was 3 times the price of ur average AR. They'd have to keep the price below SCAR pricing to make it worth it, most argue whether the 556 version of the scar was worth switching from the AR platform.

I just sold my MR556 about a month ago down here in TN. Don't get me wrong, it's an absolute top notch rifle, but after spending almost $3k for the rifle I was left with needing about another $1000 in barrel work to get it reprofiled, nitrided and shortened to get the rifle where I wanted it. It's pushing 9lbs with a loaded mag which is really heavy for any AR, and that's without anything mounted to it! I decided being into any AR for that much was just to much, and also run the risk HK drops the A3 version here soon and value of my A1 falls leaving me taking a big hit if I sold it.

Any way, I agree that the 433 price, if we ever see one, will be typcial HK pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just sold my MR556 about a month ago down here in TN. Don't get me wrong, it's an absolute top notch rifle, but after spending almost $3k for the rifle I was left with needing about another $1000 in barrel work to get it reprofiled, nitrided and shortened to get the rifle where I wanted it. It's pushing 9lbs with a loaded mag which is really heavy for any AR, and that's without anything mounted to it! I decided being into any AR for that much was just to much, and also run the risk HK drops the A3 version here soon and value of my A1 falls leaving me taking a big hit if I sold it.

Any way, I agree that the 433 price, if we ever see one, will be typcial HK pricing.

God forbid HK just offers 416 uppers to the peasants.....

Oh you can find them, they do pop up for sale once in a while. Problem is you're paying like $5k....minimum, and usually more. For a used upper! And there are a lot of fakes out there too.

Yeah, I'd love it too if HK would find us peasants worthy of a 416 upper. They'd sure sell them...

That's just a MR556 upper, not a real 416 upper. HK does not sell 416 uppers or lowers to civilian market. The real ones that are floating around all leaked onto the market over the years, and there aren't a lot of them, so they go for absurd prices.

Ahh damn it. I linked the wrong one. HKparts sells true 416 uppers as well, but also OOS and no price shown. A year or two ago I recall them selling for about $3500 though. Go to 416 parts and they're on the last page.

Ahh damn it. I linked the wrong one. HKparts sells true 416 uppers as well, but also OOS and no price shown. A year or two ago I recall them selling for about $3500 though. Go to 416 parts and they're on the last page.

Yeah I have seen that as well. They are always out of stock, and always used. $3500 would be a steal if they still sold them for that. Here the listing.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2095&idcategory=132

Oh you can find them, they do pop up for sale once in a while. Problem is you're paying like $5k....minimum, and usually more. For a used upper! And there are a lot of fakes out there too.

Yeah, I'd love it too if HK would find us peasants worthy of a 416 upper. They'd sure sell them...

Yup, I was looking for one a couple years back, 5-7k for a used 416 upper. I considered having a MR556 cut down/reprofiled etc, but it just wasn't worth it. I like HK products and expect to be raped a little on the price, but I can't justify paying 2-4x the cost of a comparable product (like an LWRCI upper).

Yup, I was looking for one a couple years back, 5-7k for a used 416 upper. I considered having a MR556 cut down/reprofiled etc, but it just wasn't worth it. I like HK products and expect to be raped a little on the price, but I can't justify paying 2-4x the cost of a comparable product (like an LWRCI upper).

Yeah, it's insane. Wish HK would just push out a full-on semi auto version branded as the 416. Maybe just call it the 416S. I'd probably buy one assuming it's an exact clone in semi auto.

Yeah, it's insane. Wish HK would just push out a full-on semi auto version branded as the 416. Maybe just call it the 416S. I'd probably buy one assuming it's an exact clone in semi auto.

Ya, the MR556 is an alright rifle, but why not just do a 14.5 416 - why make it heavier, non-chrome lined etc. Guess they wanted to make sure it was more suitable for civilians.

http://www.investmentgradefirearms.com/mr-556/

Ya, the MR556 is an alright rifle, but why not just do a 14.5 416 - why make it heavier, non-chrome lined etc. Guess they wanted to make sure it was more suitable for civilians.

http://www.investmentgradefirearms.com/mr-556/

Agreed. I was in contact with IGF about doing the work. Ultimately, I didn't think the cost was worth it given the amount already into the rifle. $4k into an AR, optics and accessories excluded...no thanks!

Lwrc's are at least a little more affordable than the HK upper, and you are getting a very high quality product, i can't deny that, and Lwrc doesn't water down their parts for consumers.
I have an 8.5" upper and a full 556 spr rifle, i gotta say they are awesome shooting rifles, but a little heavy, the barrels and handguards are built like a baseball bat, it's a great alternative to the HK if you got the monies.

Lwrc's are at least a little more affordable than the HK upper, and you are getting a very high quality product, i can't deny that, and Lwrc doesn't water down their parts for consumers.
I have an 8.5" upper and a full 556 spr rifle, i gotta say they are awesome shooting rifles, but a little heavy, the barrels and handguards are built like a baseball bat, it's a great alternative to the HK if you got the monies.

I've been looking at their 8.5" PSD for a lower that I got a stamp for a while ago- looks like a sweet upper, but heavy.

I've been looking at their 8.5" PSD for a lower that I got a stamp for a while ago- looks like a sweet upper, but heavy.

Yes, deff heavy, kinda aggravates me why they don't make a lighter rail, and the barrel is an HBAR profile. The rail on those weighs around 14 oz.
Prices seem a little cheaper now than the usual $1600. Mine is the older A2 with the old quad rail.
Apparently the Samson evolution rails fit without clearance issues on the gas block if u want to save 5 oz or so.

Yes, deff heavy, kinda aggravates me why they don't make a lighter rail, and the barrel is an HBAR profile. The rail on those weighs around 14 oz.
Prices seem a little cheaper now than the usual $1600. Mine is the older A2 with the old quad rail.
Apparently the Samson evolution rails fit without clearance issues on the gas block if u want to save 5 oz or so.

The LWRCI 8.5 PSD upper in 5.56 is 2k. The Adams arms super short piston is like 1/2 as much - obviously not as nice - but this would pretty much be a toy anyway. Hard to know what to do. I already have a DD 10.5.

(Since we are talking pistons), what do you think of the Adams arms 7.5?

Im not familiar with the Adams Arms kits personally. i'm just not into retro fitting it to my rifle. I feel like since LWRC has a large military/LEO customer base it would be a more reliable system. Not saying the Adams system isnt.

Im not familiar with the Adams Arms kits personally. i'm just not into retro fitting it to my rifle. I feel like since LWRC has a large military/LEO customer base it would be a more reliable system. Not saying the Adams system isnt.

Thanks. I wouldn't get a retro kit, I'd get a piston upper. I'm sure the LWRC is a superior upper, it's just tough spending the big bucks on a range toy (8 or 7.5").

Thanks. I wouldn't get a retro kit, I'd get a piston upper. I'm sure the LWRC is a superior upper, it's just tough spending the big bucks on a range toy (8 or 7.5").

Ya i hear ya, i put mine on layaway when i purchased, it didn't hurt my wallet so bad..

Ya i hear ya, i put mine on layaway when i purchased, it didn't hurt my wallet so bad..

Finally shot my 7.5" AA today. I had a stovepipe on the third shot (wtf), but the next 277 rounds where fine - so I'm hopeful it was ammo related or something. Thing was a hoot to shoot!!

Back
Top Bottom