Here we go again

SS1

Ian M Collum has a video on you tube on the pistol. Primary market home defence for those worried about unauthorized people accessing the gun. Question is how much will it cost once on the market.

Hang on a second, mr. Mugger. I need to charge my gun. Can I borrow your USB for an hour or so?

Can they not do the gay fingerprint thing and just make the gun... that is an exact replica of the pistol in halo 1 and i would buy it in 44mag

Also would like to try led front site post

latest

The video says the Biofire was designed from the ground up for the sear to be controlled by the electronics, the trigger isn't mechanically coupled, just tells the computer when it was pulled.

Meaning it's one USB upload away from "burst mode".
NRA said:
Lars Dalseide (NRA) said the organization “opposes any regulations that mandate the sale and the use of smart guns.”
New Jersey repealed their "trigger law" which would've banned the sale of "non-smart" guns once a smart gun was available on the market, so what reason is there to be opposed to this product being offered for sale?

Some anti-gun groups found a reason -- VPC for example. They're worried that authorized-user-only handguns will encourage non-gun-owners to buy their first gun, maybe leave it laying out on their coffee table as a status symbol.

Last edited:
Ian M Collum has a video on you tube on the pistol. Primary market home defence for those worried about unauthorized people accessing the gun. Question is how much will it cost once on the market.
I was gonna say it’s a great invention for people with kids or who live with retards. As long as it’s not being force fed on us, I’m cool with it.

I'm looking at this and remembering every daily instance of my phone not unlocking with my fingerprint because my hand is wet or I didn't have it exactly covering the sensor.
Well, you won't be around to sue them if that happens, so they got that going for them.
When your life depends on something the K.I.S.S principle is still the best.

How many finger prints can it store in it's memory?

Is it 100% waterproof?

What happens if your strong hand gets injured and have to switch to your weak hand?

What happens if you need to hand it to someone else to use in an emergency?

Too many possibilities for failure.

I think only an ignorant fool would trust their life to something like this.

Last edited:
While I am not really against the idea of a smart gun, I do think it would lead to goverment intervention at some point. Witch is always a bad idea.

Anyone that has ever owned a computer, cellphone, or any other electronic device knows that technology is far from perfect. But when a computer freezes or fails to complete a task, no one dies, but what happens if your firearm fails to go bang? Need I say anymore? No thanks, I'll stick with my non-electronic Glock or H&K. [mg]

Anyone that has ever owned a computer, cellphone, or any other electronic device knows that technology is far from perfect. But when a computer freezes or fails to complete a task, no one dies, but what happens if your firearm fails to go bang? Need I say anymore? No thanks, I'll stick with my non-electronic Glock or H&K. [mg]

This argument falls flat once you include electronics like toasters and fridges and fuel injection and sunrise/sunset light timers or airplane avionics.

General purpose computers are prone to all the things you mention, but dedicated silicon is way, way more reliable.

Purely mechanical guns fail too.

This argument falls flat once you include electronics like toasters and fridges and fuel injection and sunrise/sunset light timers or airplane avionics.

General purpose computers are prone to all the things you mention, but dedicated silicon is way, way more reliable.

Purely mechanical guns fail too.
Let me know when your toaster needs to read your finger prints and recognize your face to work.

Let me know when your toaster needs to read your finger prints and recognize your face to work.

You’re missing the point.

Comparing an iPhone to a single use machine isn’t a good comparison.

Airline avionics are really reliable.

Also, in this case it’s “or”, not “and”

How many finger prints can it store in it's memory?

Is it 100% waterproof?

What happens if your strong hand get injured and have to switch to your weak hand?

What happens if you need to hand it to someone else to use in an emergency?

Too many possibilites for failure.

I think only an ignorant fool would trust their life to something like this.
What happens when they become common and politicians create a law ...

You know that is coming.

Back
Top Bottom