Here we go again

You’re missing the point.

Comparing an iPhone to a single use machine isn’t a good comparison.

Airline avionics are really reliable.

Also, in this case it’s “or”, not “and”
1. I didnt conpare an iPhone to anything.

2. Your comparisons are bad.

3. Avionics have backups because they understand things can and will fail.

Where is the backup here? ... from what I see, it either works or it doesn't.

This argument falls flat once you include electronics like toasters and fridges and fuel injection and sunrise/sunset light timers or airplane avionics.

General purpose computers are prone to all the things you mention, but dedicated silicon is way, way more reliable.

Purely mechanical guns fail too.
I'll put my Glock 17 against any of these electronic monstrosities. And when your batteries run out, or you experience some other technological failure, guess what? My Glock will still be firing. LOL. [rofl]If your life is going to depend on your weapon, then use a real gun, not a space toy.

1. I didnt conpare an iPhone to anything.

2. Your comparisons are bad.

3. Avionics have backups because they understand things can and will fail.

Where is the backup here? ... from what I see, it either works or it doesn't.

I’m sure you’re smart enough to know that iPhone or Android or any similar devices are the context for “finger print reader” and “facial recognition”.

It does have backups, it only requires one of the two systems to validate.

How are the d comparisons bad?

Anyone that has ever owned a computer, cellphone, or any other electronic device knows that technology is far from perfect. But when a computer freezes or fails to complete a task, no one dies, but what happens if your firearm fails to go bang? Need I say anymore? No thanks, I'll stick with my non-electronic Glock or H&K. [mg]

You'd be surprised how easily people die when computers freeze/crash.

I'll put my Glock 17 against any of these electronic monstrosities. And when your batteries run out, or you experience some other technological failure, guess what? My Glock will still be firing. LOL. [rofl]If your life is going to depend on your weapon, then use a real gun, not a space toy.

You’re missing the point of this gun. It’s not intended to replace one of the most reliable combat handguns ever made.

I’m not going to buy one, even if it were Glock reliable it doesn’t solve any problems for me and I bet it’ll be expensive as hell.

But that’s not the same as it being 100% garbage.

The video says the Biofire was designed from the ground up for the sear to be controlled by the electronics, the trigger isn't mechanically coupled, just tells the computer when it was pulled.

Meaning it's one USB upload away from "burst mode".

New Jersey repealed their "trigger law" which would've banned the sale of "non-smart" guns once a smart gun was available on the market, so what reason is there to be opposed to this product being offered for sale?

Some anti-gun groups found a reason -- VPC for example. They're worried that authorized-user-only handguns will encourage non-gun-owners to buy their first gun, maybe leave it laying out on their coffee table as a status symbol.

I wanna feel the trigger now you say that

You'd be surprised how easily people die when computers freeze/crash.
Fo real

We got some computers that if they crash could kill an entire county at 10 of our plants

We use cl02 in manufacturing and if one of those tanks ruptured and the wind blows into town... bad day

You’re missing the point of this gun. It’s not intended to replace one of the most reliable combat handguns ever made.

I’m not going to buy one, even if it were Glock reliable it doesn’t solve any problems for me and I bet it’ll be expensive as hell.

But that’s not the same as it being 100% garbage.
wont buy no new fancied up computer gizmo

Immediately goes out to buy 3 taurus's

wont buy no new fancied up computer gizmo

Immediately goes out to buy 3 taurus's

Heh…. I bet this tarted up gun will be more reliable than a shitty Taurus once it gets out of development.

But probably not more reliable than three Tauruses. (What’s the plural of “Taurus”?)

The video says the Biofire was designed from the ground up for the sear to be controlled by the electronics, the trigger isn't mechanically coupled, just tells the computer when it was pulled.

Meaning it's one USB upload away from "burst mode".

New Jersey repealed their "trigger law" which would've banned the sale of "non-smart" guns once a smart gun was available on the market, so what reason is there to be opposed to this product being offered for sale?

Because it's still s*** technology that will open a Pandora's box of pain for gun owners legally and otherwise. What's to stop them from passing safe storage laws that go "your shit has to be locked up unless you have a smart gun" etc. It becomes easier for that b******* to be sold in legislative bodies if the technology is pervasive. It's similar to the car breathalyzer thing, although that turd hasn't been totally foisted on the public yet....

I’m sure you’re smart enough to know that iPhone or Android or any similar devices are the context for “finger print reader” and “facial recognition”.

It does have backups, it only requires one of the two systems to validate.

How are the d comparisons bad?
The fingerprint reader on a phone has one job, yet it does fail.

You can argue it is part of a tool that can do multiple things, fine, but I doubt the ability to run apps or search the internet interferes with its ability to read a fingerprint.

The facial recognition is also a joke, a gun might not always be at an angle where your face will line up with the sensor.

Everyone knows, even you mentioned it, the more junk you add, the higher the possibility something will fail. On top of a jam, now you might have to worry about the fingerprint reader not working, the face scanner not being able to recognize you, the battery failing or not being charged ... and whatever other failures can occur that I am not thinking about.

This thing is just bad.

It seems many (not directed at you) in the Youtube video comments want to use it as an excuse to leaving loaded guns where kids can get to them, that is a failure of parenting.

The best outcome would be for this company to fail. It is a matternof time before States start passing laws about requiring fingerprint readers if this gun is successful..

Because it's still s*** technology that will open a Pandora's box of pain for gun owners legally and otherwise. What's to stop them from passing safe storage laws that go "your shit has to be locked up unless you have a smart gun" etc. It becomes easier for that b******* to be sold in legislative bodies if the technology is pervasive. It's similar to the car breathalyzer thing, although that turd hasn't been totally foisted on the public yet....
The laws will require smart guns to be locked when a kid with a sh*t parent grabs the gun at night, scans the parents face while he/she is sleeping and decides to play cowboy.

Just like electric cars, I am looking forward to the "I bought this POS to support the company because the technology is cool, so I am OK punching my own d*ck" comments.

YET.

You are old enough, and smart enough, to know how politicians work.

This is 100% intended to replace your guns. Politicians have been drooling over this junk for over a decade.

In before the "courts will save us" comments. They might, a decade or two after a law is passed and we all got f*cked.

I’ll just hold out until we have “sharks that shoot laser beams out of her head”

The only electric gun I would buy would be a phased plasma rifle in 40 watt range

View: https://youtu.be/-B6YbMKda68

Traditional, guns and ammo could last 1000 years.
Why would I want something that lasts months under typical use when a load gun in my safe is guaranteed to work just fine for the rest of my life with out me having to do a thing.

This is all about state laws that we’re going to mandate this shit once it became available.

View: https://youtu.be/M84ELb_Zms4

YET.

You are old enough, and smart enough, to know how politicians work.

This is 100% intended to replace your guns. Politicians have been drooling over this junk for over a decade.

In before the "courts will save us" comments. They might, a decade or two after a law is passed and we all got f*cked.

Oh, of course. I hope I didn't suggest anything to the contrary.

My point is that comparing a single use device like this to Windows 95 is idiotic. It's even idiotic to compare it to any multipurpose computing device, simply because complexity adds weak points.

You’ve got to watch the video. I only made it a little bit into it, but it starts with “look at here’s a navy seal holding the gun.” Wow, I’m really impressed.

Then the owner goes on the say I started working this after the aurora mass shooting as a way to prevent this”

But all the advertisement is under the guise of it’ll prevent children from shooting them self’s..

I’m sorry there’s probably 500 million traditional firearms in this country. There’s no way this is going to stop at mass shooting.

“It even works with gloves because he could identify your face even wearing a mask”

Forget about all the ways to jailbreak this thing all you need to do is take a photo of your parents face and have it printed on a mask which I’m pretty sure you can do on Amazon

And these are my ideas with less than five minutes of thought, but now shooters plan this shit out for a long time. And even if your parents had the stupid f***ing device, that’s not gonna stop the kid I’m going to get the gun somewhere else.

Call me a technocrat, but I can't get behind the idea that a technology, which some consumers might prefer, should not exist on the basis that future government action might make it mandatory. Or maybe it is just because I live in a state without an adult-user seatbelt law :)

What stopped them from doing it back in 2015 but substituting "IDENTILOCK®"? Or all the way back in 1974 with "Magna-Trigger™" (yes, it's still in production!)

Oh, and the breathalyzer mandate is still scheduled for 2026.

Nonononononononononononononoonononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononopnoopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyet

Call me a technocrat, but I can't get behind the idea that a technology, which some consumers might prefer, should not exist on the basis that future government action might make it mandatory. Or maybe it is just because I live in a state without an adult-user seatbelt law :)
It is not "might".
It is "will".

Do people pay attention?
Are you guys asleep or just in denial?

Ian M Collum has a video on you tube on the pistol. Primary market home defence for those worried about unauthorized people accessing the gun. Question is how much will it cost once on the market.
If there wasn’t an anti-gun left in this country, I wouldn’t even care.

If that makes people feel like it’s safer to have around their kids or whatever, who cares.

A fingerprint rapid access safe seems better to me, but to each their own. Hope they aren’t wearing gloves, sweating, or have a poor grip due to be in a self defense scenario. /shrug

But we all know the left will try to make these mandatory, starting in CA I imagine.

Took me a while to find this thread because the OP can't properly name the thread ...

Here, have fun:

You’re missing the point.

Comparing an iPhone to a single use machine isn’t a good comparison.

Airline avionics are really reliable.

Also, in this case it’s “or”, not “and”
See post above.

Back
Top Bottom