HELP! Nowhere to shoot my M16 in MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Braintree Rifle and Pistol say they allow machine guns. You just need to get permission every time you go. It's a far drive though, if you're coming from Springfield.

thank you, that is another one i was not aware of... i love that the club i am now trying for i won't have to call first.. they just asked for me to use my own targets. they don't want me damageing there steel..my custom projectiles barely leave a mark on mild steel but i plan to build something similar to the larue self resetting targets, going mild steel would make them so much easier cheaper to build, but if anyone shooting with me shoots it even with a few magizine of standard 5.56, they'll be all torn back..if i am going to do it i might as well use AR500.

i've got cad drawing and part order lists, they'll be solar powered.. i was going to have the steel ordered and laser cut but then my current club told me i can't shoot steel with my rifle...

i went to a vocational high-school and was working the last 2 years of it, i only almost didn't pass because i see no value in a highschool deploma, and a college degree is worth even less IMO unless your a doctor or a lawyer.

good night guys it's past my bed time

Last edited:
Trolling? No.
Difficult to understand? Yes.
Freedom-loving American who's just looking for a place to flip the giggle switch and party? Yesssss.

I used to jump all over folks with bad spelling and grammar but I try to be nice nowadays. Life is too short to get all bent up about that stuff. I hope you find a friendly place to have fun with your rifle MGnoob. Don't let the NES welcome wagon get you down. We are infamous for shitting all over newbs but generally we are a good group.

i'm little disappointed with some members of this forum, why even post if you don't even try to read the thread.my plating thread proves i i am not a troll which as posted above doesn't make any sense. what am i trolling for a reaction?

12k is not 10's of thousands. when i bought mine aluminium bodies where 11.5. i value mine at 28k right now might take a month to sell that way.. i saw aluminiums go for 26.5 a couple months back.

2 weeks after i bought mine on subguns.com there where multiple rippoffs running.. be vary careful nfa scams a easy and common place now.
Take it all in stride..........you have to realize the guys on this forum are pretty "cautious". Martha and crew do check this site out......its public. So when they see a guy on here that claims to have a MG license and an M16 and has one post they cant find a place to shoot it they get pretty "suspect" about it! For good reason. I've seen these guys sniff out trolls on many occasions here! keep posting and sharing your knowledge......and maybe they'll come around.......maybe :0

Last edited:
Thanks for the support. i got tomorrow off because i planned to go shoot. i doubt i slept an hour i am so pissed off about the current situation.
i could do a better job typing but it would take an hour to proof read it and after i fix it, sometimes it makes less sense then when i start.
i type it, go through it, post it and edit when absolutely nessisary, i'm not a big facebook/twitter/forum guy. I seriously underestimated the volume of traffic that this thread would get aswell.

i'm running out of determination and patients which is what is require to get into NFA. If this next range doesn't work out..i'm in for long drive to go shoot.

i'm used to nay-sayers, "you can't do that", "that won't work".

I believe the only difference between insanity and genius is measure in success <--------------stole this from new TV show.

Take it all in stride..........you have to realize the guys on this forum are pretty "cautious". Martha and crew do check this site out......its public. So when they see a guy on here that claims to have a MG license and an M16 they cant find a place to shoot it they get pretty "suspect" about it! For good reason. I've seen these guys sniff out trolls on many occasions here! keep posting and sharing your knowledge......and maybe they'll come around.......maybe :0

I wouldn't usually be involved in a thread like this...but since it's legal and it not a secret by anymeans i don't see the point in not posting it.. i won't post openly what ranges I will be doing it at just like you shouldn't post which site ship ammo to MA, because yes we are all being watched.

It would be laughable if the member offering to shoot with my was pulling some kind of sting....i'm always looking for a good lawsuit

So how dose one without an MG license get down on some full auto fire?

my guess would be hanging out with me but all ranges i've seen only allow green card (machine gun license) holder to shoot the full auto...but there's no law against it. But that doesn't mean they couldn't make a case agaist you or me...but once again i don't want to get into legal discussions it's a waste of time. i've got 2 or 3 lawyers and they are all worthless

my guess would be hanging out with me but all ranges i've seen only allow green card (machine gun license) holder to shoot the full auto...but there's no law against it. But that doesn't mean they couldn't make a case agaist you or me...but once again i don't want to get into legal discussions it's a waste of time. i've got 2 or 3 lawyers and they are all worthless

It's not worth risking it in mass.

Mgnoob, become a support forum member. NES has hosted event which allow you to have fun with your FA toys. Next one is Nov.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Last edited:
I can't believe i just read this whole thread......i feel like an abused puppy......... ugh spell check anyone?

When Barnstable was open, I saw a guy let loose with his MG. It was great.

Then of course they closed the damn range....

When Barnstable was open, I saw a guy let loose with his MG. It was great.

Then of course they closed the damn range....

The first time I ever shot FA was at the Barnstable range. I was by myself there one day (around 2002) and there was only one other person, and he was shooting a WWII Thompson, an Uzi and a MAC10, all FA. I asked if I could try a mag through one of them, and nice guy that he was he let me shoot a mag each through all 3. I didn't figure out until about a year ago that that guy is a regular on NES. [smile]

Try Hadley or Hardwick or Holyoke; one of those Western "H" towns.

i'll add hadley and hardwick to the other 3 possible ranges...holyoke is a no go. they are closer than the other 3 i think.

i don't know if the place that rented them still does. i think they had a few suicide i read about. kinda like S&W used to get.

I can't believe i just read this whole thread......i feel like an abused puppy......... ugh spell check anyone?

i'm usually so far off, spell check doesn't work or i end up selecting the wrong word. Like there/thier. Not to mention alot of reloading shooting terminology won't be picked up by spell check.

- - - Updated - - -

Mgnoob, become a support forum member. NES has hosted event which allow you to have fun with your FA toys. Next one is Nov.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Where do they host this shoot?

It's not worth risking it in mass.

I think the "westfield incident" kinda makes the case that you can let someone shoot your MG..although they could still charge you even though that guy didn't (discretion to prosecute?)

It get tricky, for example if offered to sell or rent somone my MG under state law, you are "in the buisness" of selling MG....i am not an FFL so it's illigal.
Does that mean i have to have an ffl sell it? do i just have to cross state lines (NH) post it online with a note of No sales to mass? i'm not worried about it because i am not selling at this point.

if i said i'll let you shoot my MG if i can use your land.............ILEGAL!

53667327.jpg

I know that WPRC allows it when you get prior permission, and notify the local PD the day you shoot... I'll have to check bylaws.
I can't even imagine... too horrible to ponder not being able to...

Notifying PD is some serious jackassery, do they really care? Seems like a huge waste of everyone's time.

I can't even imagine... too horrible to ponder not being able to...

Notifying PD is some serious jackassery, do they really care? Seems like a huge waste of everyone's time.

That seems to be the way alot of clubs used to do it, it almost doesn't even matter the few time i have shoot others full auto, the cops are usually there in less than 20 min...the exploding target probably contribute to that though.

If your not at a range and in the woods, it maybe a good idea. the police showing up and overreacting is a real possibility and you'll be dead.

NH. You just need to prep the paperwork. We just had a event last week. Paid up $21 to be a support member and go check the member section.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

I think that's a great idea, would love to have the shrike for that, i'd have all of you linking up my ammo rather then burn my precious preban supply.
i knew i would eventually have to file to cross state lines,i just haven't done it yet and until i've done it first hand, i am never sure how accurate info on the web about it is.

maybe even some tracers

I think that's a great idea, would love to have the shrike for that, i'd have all of you linking up my ammo rather then burn my precious preban supply.
i knew i would eventually have to file to cross state lines,i just haven't done it yet and until i've done it first hand, i am never sure how accurate info on the web about it is.

maybe even some tracers
My bet is you aren't going to find a venue for tracers. Too much fire risk.

My bet is you aren't going to find a venue for tracers. Too much fire risk.

You meant the opening salvo will be the ending salvo? Burn baby burn.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

I can dream can't I? i was tempted at several ranges that say they allow it but don't to go there the first day and just "flip the switch" but i have clearly demonstrated a commitment to following the rules and laws by owning NFA items
I want to go to the big sandy hill shoot in AZ, but i don't think i'll have the money/time in the forseeable future, i am going to need a newer vehicle at some point and my clutch is on it's way out as it is...gunna have to put in the "duralast special" i am almost looking forward to it my through out bearing is way to sloppy.

well, i just received some positive news, my custom 4 set .223 auto-cast molds are almost done and i should have them soon.. At-least i'll be able to make some ammo in the 4-5 weeks for the new range application, i only have 1000 reloads and 1000 factory reloaded on hand in .223 so it will be nice to have my endless supply of cheap projectiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom