HELP! Nowhere to shoot my M16 in MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
warwickben;40861is 2 said:
Lol ...

Dias drool ....

Please tell me you looked up how to check the timing on it. If it's not right you'll have hammer follow which can go bad..... Should post pics of the setup you have I've seen a few different types. Depending on the style there's a few ways to adjust it with out needing a new auto sear made(the part with out the serial number) which is legal to make btw the holder is the part you can't make a replacement.

I've never heard of 2 shot shot burst trigger .

If I could afford a rdias I might be tempted to get the semi /burst/full tigger for it but would be more then happy with just semi /full trigger.

If I ever get my FFl first thing I'm making is a dias for my ar. There so simple to make its pretty sad.
I dont know man, my AR is a 2 to 4 shot burst trigger, even with Frenchmans black hills ammo (sorry man). I think Attilla may have gotten 5 rounds once.
Whacko, dude I havent been able to read a complete post of yours, all I see are trembling mounds of goodness. Maybe keep your responses down to 2 to 4 shot burst word groupings.

Dropping a RDIAS in a regular AR lower does not make it an M16,it's like dropping a Corvette engine into a Yugo body and calling it a Corvette.

True story.
I guess true even for an RR conversion that is re-engraved "M16", though I think of mine as an actual Corvette that was built with a crappy V6, and then later the proper engine was added.

They are still referred to as M16 RR Conversions. Too bad all the pre-86'ers didn't standardize and just re-engrave M16-RRC and call it a "model". More too bad is we even have this problem in the first place.

Mine is a Colt, but since the serial number is SP##### it's pretty obvious what it is. And yes mine I legally registered.

Last edited:
Dropping a RDIAS in a regular AR lower does not make it an M16,it's like dropping a Corvette engine into a Yugo body and calling it a Corvette.

True story.

while this is technically true.. you pretty much just drop it in there. it's easier than working on a paintball gun

i knocked out 2 pins, installed the fire control group, reinstalled with KNS pins. i then gingerly racked and tested, the hammer drops exactly when bolt engages completely.
it does not test the way on quarterbore's site says, but i am sure it will work.

you break them by slamming the upper closed on the sear. with the .22 kit if you don't rack the charging handle a tine bit before lowering you could smash it, fortunatily my trip is radius to help with that but you could break it. the tapped hole i mine that i wish wasn't there let's you lock it onto the upper....without the hole it still would stay on anyway. once i time all uppers and glue shims on i may drill the lug so i can use a plastic srew to retain it to the upper, but the body of the sear is so thin i am woried over tighetning could bend it when you don't even need to to doing it at all.

also when closing the upper on the lower with the sear attached to the upper you need to wiggle it so you don't slam the base of the body on the reciever , this wouldn't be as bad as bad as the as what i mentioned above.

How does someone with barely a HS education and whom can not string together a coherent sentence come up with the tens of thousands of dollars a legal drop in auto sear costs? They let you buy auto sears on EBT? What am I missing here?

WTF is going on here???

3555602_f260.jpg

A ar15 with a rdia is a a ar15 with a rdis not a m16.....

Same as a ar15 with a lightning link modded to be able to switch between semi and auto(yes there's light links that you can do that) isn't a m16.

The nice thing about a rdias is you can toss it in any lower and not have to engrave a lower etc.

I'd love to try a real m16 out :(....

I think owning an MG with no where to shoot is worse than having a hot GF who won't put out. MG's are better, because if you get caught shooting a different one, your shit doesn't end up on the curb.

+1

- - - Updated - - -

A ar15 with a rdia is a a ar15 with a rdis not a m16.....

Same as a ar15 with a lightning link modded to be able to switch between semi and auto(yes there's light links that you can do that) isn't a m16.

The nice thing about a rdias is you can toss it in any lower and not have to engrave a lower etc.

I'd love to try a real m16 out :(....

ar15......m16..........just 1 small hole different..i call it an M16 because people who aren't us would think DIAS was a Hispanic last name.

How does someone with barely a HS education and whom can not string together a coherent sentence come up with the tens of thousands of dollars a legal drop in auto sear costs? They let you buy auto sears on EBT? What am I missing here?

WTF is going on here???

View attachment 112260

because it';s not 10,000s of thousands of dollar, just don't go buy a new cool guy truck and you can have 1... you barely need to be able to read and wright to fill out the forms, i had no help and i manage..as far as not being "educated" it's call getting a job and keep you dick in your pants and don't get married.. i know i must be stupid

Greetings,
I've been in active process to get my M16 (RDIAS) for 2.5 years.. i received it about 3 months ago. In that time i have not had the opportunity to flip the switch and cycle to forbidden 2 rounds with 1 pull of the trigger.I have found out what we all know shooting range board members are like little league baseball coaches/parents.......your either in the club or your not and there are written and unwritten rules that don't apply to everyone equally.i have wasted much time driving around and submitting application to ranges that say they allow it, then i pay join or go to the interview to be told....get a hair cut.no not really but they just tell me no i can't join, or no you can't shoot that here. Even though it clearly states in the rules it's allowed.....but i guess i am just not in the "Club". I would buy my own land (more than what i currently own) to shoot on , but why do i want to pay taxes on something when the city is going to just come and tell me i can't shoot on my property for whatever reason, then being stuck with land and expenses when i will be denied "best use" of my land.

I am looking for other true believers in the second amendment that will allow me the opportunity to shoot on there land.I feel terrible asking because no one wants trouble or the government in there life which will inevitably happen, but i am running out of options.I would love the opportunity to come out and shoot just once if that's all you can stomach, or shoot until there is a problem, then move on..I have no other choice but to go this route because atleast once there is trouble i can move on to another spot...if it where my land i would go to court and fight it, i am not asking anyone to do that...it's a losing battle i've seen more then 1 range that had been in for familys for generation get dragged through the mud, win in court and have cities change rules/laws just to drag them into court again...these people still use there ranges just infrequently and without guests now.

i've tried 5 ranges and while some tried to be nice about it, other where outright rude. i though about trying to stack boards in my favor and some where close, but join a club, studying the bylaws , and trying to remove people who love what they do from there position, isn't very nice, and definatly won't make you any friends when it blows up in your face. Any of the members/board member who agree with me and spoke up when these clubs changed there rules, are discusted about how this is going for me.

Anyone out there with a suitable location will to let me shoot a single 20 round mag, might pull me out of my depression.. anyone willing to let me use a 120 drum might make me not wish i never bothered to go though all the legal barriers, spend all the time and money.to have a $20 piece of steel i can't even use anywhere?

In-case your curious i have many uppers lengths and caliber options (.22,9mm,.223) i've never gotten to use any of them..I want a Shrike 556 beltfed upper, i already have a pile of pre 1994 linked ammo, it's current configurations is a colt green label preban lower, a 7.5" gas piston sig 516 upper, reduced weight BCG for higher cycle speed, sig stoplite forgrip,the new nightvision compatible EOtech w/g33 flip to side magnifier, and a tactical brass recover brass catcher.It's a pretty cool paperweight at this point, i have shot it in semi and am suprised how quite and accurate the 7.5" upper is.

i've been a lurker here for awhile, sorry for the crybaby first post, i finally joined here after a member at the only other forum i got to "castboolits" Thank you!

*EDIT* i am in western MA Springfield area

I'm member at Hanson, It is MG friendly. I believe they want proof of your green card and then give them the heads up when u'll be shooting it. Give them a jingle, they'll tell u what u need to do.

Oh ya, don't forget to tell me when ur going to be there with it, i'm trying to get rid of my ammo as fast as possible.[smile]

Last edited:
because it';s not 10,000s of thousands of dollar, just don't go buy a new cool guy truck and you can have 1... you barely need to be able to read and wright to fill out the forms, i had no help and i manage..as far as not being "educated" it's call getting a job and keep you dick in your pants and don't get married.. i know i must be stupid

You'll have to let me know where you get them then. Cheapest one I've seen was 13 grand - and they don't take credit.... That was a number of years ago too. Yea - I've looked.

I'm member at Hanson, It is MG friendly. I believe they want proof of your green card and then give them the heads up when u'll be shooting it. Give them a jingle, they'll tell u what u need to do.

Oh ya, don't forget to tell me when ur going to be there with it, i'm trying to get rid of my ammo as fast as possible.[smile]

Don't you know the militrary went to 3 shot burst because full auto is a waste :) it's not like there such a thing as trigger control

You'll have to let me know where you get them then. Cheapest one I've seen was 13 grand - and they don't take credit.... That was a number of years ago too. Yea - I've looked.

well maybe if you dropped out of high school you'd be even smarter than me, then you'd know that the ar15 is the mopst polualr rifle in america and if you buy one the day sandy hook happened you would have maded 35-40% profit on your sear.. best part is i could list mine and be paid tommarow now wait pro paperwork, unlike when i bought mine and had to send money to a complete stranger then not see it for 2+ years, fortunately i am street smart and investigated and once it arrived at my instate dealer all i had to do way wait almost another year.

i decided i'd just drive my truck another 100k and buy the gun then buy a new truck no big deal

Hanson is closer than harvard which isn't really far a couple hour with how slow i drive...but at that point NH seems more likely. i've got a forum member that might be shooting with me on his land..and if everything works out at this new range in 4 weeks i'll only have to drive 35-30 min, don't have to call in advance and can shoot steel if i want...gunna look into guest policy, but other than that i am good.....well only green card holders can shoot full auto...but it's a start

i'm little disappointed with some members of this forum, why even post if you don't even try to read the thread.my plating thread proves i i am not a troll which as posted above doesn't make any sense. what am i trolling for a reaction?

12k is not 10's of thousands. when i bought mine aluminium bodies where 11.5. i value mine at 28k right now might take a month to sell that way.. i saw aluminiums go for 26.5 a couple months back.

2 weeks after i bought mine on subguns.com there where multiple rippoffs running.. be vary careful nfa scams a easy and common place now.

Who ever buys a rdias for. 28k is stupid . For that much money you could rent a shop for a year. Buy a mill and tooling . Get a FFl 07 sot2 and make them your self. Then just have a biz on the side to pay for the ammo.
Heck if you didn't live in mass you could just build a shack and setup shop in there.

Last edited:
This thread is way off topic....i was going to buy an m60 but knew the dias was a much better investment.. i can still buy the m60 for the same price now as 2 -3 years ago.
i'm not made of money guys.. i just know what i want in life and go get it....is 28k stupid for a sear? only if you think there going to let you start registering them again.

but from where i stand soon it will be worth 2x what i paid... the great part is i can slap my rifle on the bench and not cry about my registered reciever... and just so you guys know there are 5000+ transferable machine guns in MA... I plan to someday sell my sear and get my ffl and open a gunstore....but unless you buy pre-may dealer sample "you" don't own a machine gun your buisness does..

enough about trolls and cost, people not talking about ranges or shooting need not respond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom