Held a Sig P238 today

The Ruger LC9 is a lot lighter and a little thinner than the Sig P239, and would be very inconspicuous carried in an IWB holster, I think.

The Ruger LC9 is a lot lighter and a little thinner than the Sig P239, and would be very inconspicuous carried in an IWB holster, I think.

From holding it, the LC9 looks like an interesting choice. Definitely much much smaller than a P239. Not sure if it's smaller than a P238, though. I haven't had a chance to shoot the LC9, yet, and I'm not sure how obtainable it is in MA. The LC9 is about 25-30% thinner than the P239, and the P239 is significantly thinner than the subcompact Glocks and things like Springfield xD40c / S&W M&P9c, etc.

Thr Kahr PM9 and P238 are almost identical in size. The LC9 is the same width and both half an inch longer and taller.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

My son hasthe pm9 and has been looking for something else ever since he got it. He tried everything I had and ended up with a sig p238. Absolutely pleased with it. I tried it and so am I. I already bought one for myself. He says the p238 is smaller than the Kahr, shoots better too.

It is basically a mini 1911. You carry it either condition 1 -- chamber full, hammer cocked, safety on -- or condition 3 -- chamber empty, hammer down, safety off.

Condition 2 -- chamber full, hammer down, safety off -- just doesn't make much sense. To get to condition 2, you will have to manually lower the hammer on a live round, as the P238 does not have a decocker. And since it is single action, pulling the trigger won't do anything, so to put it into action you will have to manually cock the hammer. Lowering the safety is faster and less fumble prone than cocking the hammer.

Thanks for this info, I didn't know! Really helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't go through 10 pages but have you heard about the p938?

Nope, no one mentioned the P938 but I just did some quick digging. Pretty neat - but I'm not sure I want something larger than the P238, even if it is only "slightly" bigger. Is 9mm ammo less expensive than .380?

Finally got to shoot the P238! And I really like it!! Fits nicely, not much recoil at all.

Also got to shoot the S&W BodyGuard 380 which I did not like, trigger pull was really long, I think? Just something off about that gun.

Also shot a HK PM7. The cocking lever is pretty cool.

So we shot it for the first time today and must say......WOW.....no bite and accurate. The wife loved it...thing is........ now I want one

So we shot it for the first time today and must say......WOW.....no bite and accurate. The wife loved it...thing is........ now I want one

Cool! Yeah, it was great for me as well! My fiancé might buy one sometime too. Unfortunately, I am still waiting for my LTC! :(

Back
Top Bottom