Healy to lend voice.

"In January, Healey said that much of the gun violence in Massachusetts stems from “a failure to address some of the root causes of violence”

And since she and other pols have no interest in addressing those root causes, (gangs, repeat offenders, drug dealers, etc.) she'll keep harping on GUNZ BAD, MMMKay? :rolleyes:

Why tackle a problem and possibly lose??? That's no way to get re-elected. Attack an ancillary issue that you can prove you succeeded at - that way, even if crime never goes down, you can show that your efforts were successful. It's classic politics.

A client suggested I run for office recently. I told her I'd last about 30 days. But that 30 days would change the area I was in. Then I'd be run out on a rail. LOL.

We pay taxes for lots of rights. Some are necessary. We have the right to move freely but pay taxes to upkeep the roads we freely move on. Certain roads and highways are more convenient or faster, and we pay additional taxes to utilize those roads and highways as tolls.

I'm fine with $100 for 5 years as it costs money to produce the ID's and do things like background checks. Given all that is required is a 4 hour class and in some towns some range time, I can't exactly complain. Nothing wrong with asking people to invest 4 hours into a LTC class to ensure can safely handle a firearm and you don't lose your rights by violating law, the constitutionality of said laws not withstanding. MA stays out of the instruction side of things other than giving a basic outline of what should be covered.

Ideally, your firearms safety training card would replace the LTC, you'd show that when you purchase a gun, do the 4473, and the state would stay out of licensing, as it's a pointless expense for the individual and the state given the redundancy of a 4473 and a LTC.

EDIT: You know, instead of meme'ing a genuine reply with a laughing emoji, you could say what you disagree with.
Yikes. Taxes and fees and fxcking permission slip for a constitutional right is what i don't agree with.

This scheme has already been blatantly abused to take away gun rights, by the dumbass politicians that have required it in NY, MA, CA and other states. So bad so that the Bruen case is on the books obviously because of such a thing, slapping the dumb bastards on the hand because of it. Yet they still try.....look at NY. Any scheme like this can and will be used against gun owners. Simple as that.

Who disagrees with you?? Me and the millions of people in the 45 or so other states that don't require such a thing.

Last edited:
We pay taxes for lots of rights. Some are necessary. We have the right to move freely but pay taxes to upkeep the roads we freely move on. Certain roads and highways are more convenient or faster, and we pay additional taxes to utilize those roads and highways as tolls.

I'm fine with $100 for 5 years as it costs money to produce the ID's and do things like background checks. Given all that is required is a 4 hour class and in some towns some range time, I can't exactly complain. Nothing wrong with asking people to invest 4 hours into a LTC class to ensure can safely handle a firearm and you don't lose your rights by violating law, the constitutionality of said laws not withstanding. MA stays out of the instruction side of things other than giving a basic outline of what should be covered.

Ideally, your firearms safety training card would replace the LTC, you'd show that when you purchase a gun, do the 4473, and the state would stay out of licensing, as it's a pointless expense for the individual and the state given the redundancy of a 4473 and a LTC.

EDIT: You know, instead of meme'ing a genuine reply with a laughing emoji, you could say what you disagree with.
There should be no LTC to begin with, the constitution and proof of age, showing that you are 18yrs old, should be all anyone needs.

when i read the thread title, the first thing that popped into my mind was she was gonna be the new baritone in the boston gay mens choir.

You agree with paying a fee for permission slip for a right. You also agree with making people take safety courses. Should be a choice.

You use taxes on roads as an example and tolls. You have no right to use the roads, driving is not a right.
Freedom means you will have to be responsible for every act, for every breath; whatever you do or don't do, you will be responsible. People don't want that.

All of it. The right to keep and bear arms is necessary to protect citizens from government who have a monopoly on weapons and force. Giving government the authority to regulate who can and can't have firearms through licensing is in direct contrast and opposition to this.

Requiring licensing and training also does nothing to reduce gun violence. Almost all of our nations violence committed with guns takes place in places where legal gun ownership does require one to have to jump through the egregious hoops that you are suggesting, and almost none of it is committed by those that do. If you have determined that someone is so dangerous to society that they cannot be around a firearm, then you've failed us all by not keeping them in jail where they belong, which would actually be a step toward reducing violent crime.

Firearms licensing is a major deterrent to firearms ownership. I have multiple family members in MA who otherwise would own firearms but do not have the hundreds of dollars that it would require them to do so in their town that requires the training class, the rod and gun club membership, and the license itself on top of the inflated prices of firearms in MA where the government has done all that it can to make it as expensive as it can to sell and purchase firearms.

Your road analogy is terrible. Besides the fact that we don't have a constitutional right to drive a car, if we have the right to move freely, and the money taken from us allegedly allows us to move about more freely, then taxes on firearm ownership should result in enabling us to own and use firearms more freely. In fact, the result is the opposite.

What else? I don't know. Why should I explain what else? Why shouldn't you demonstrate why it is that licensing of a right is constitutionally allowed, and provide us with actually evidence that it results in a net good for society, not just your emotional perception that it does.

Driving a vehicle is not a constitutional right. It is a privilege.

Huh?? You lost me at pay taxes for a lot of rights. I stopped after that one. Taxes have nothing to do with rights. You may want to edit your comment.

Yikes. Taxes and fees and fxcking permission slip for a constitutional right is what i don't agree with.

This scheme has already been blatantly abused to take away gun rights, by the dumbass politicians that have required it in NY, MA, CA and other states. So bad so that the Bruen case is on the books obviously because of such a thing, slapping the dumb bastards on the hand because of it. Yet they still try.....look at NY. Any scheme like this can and will be used against gun owners. Simple as that.

Who disagrees with you?? Me and the millions of people in the 45 or so other states that don't require such a thing.

There should be no LTC to begin with, the constitution and proof of age, showing that you are 18yrs old, should be all anyone needs.

I think one of you read it all. Just one.

Licenses are for subjects. Anything less than constitutional carry is homosexual.

I'm curious what other rights you think should need a permission slip for

Driving a vehicle is not a constitutional right. It is a privilege.
When did I mention driving? You utilize roads and sidewalks to freely travel without use of a car. But they require maintenance, and that maintenance requires money to pay people to maintain them.

Huh?? You lost me at pay taxes for a lot of rights. I stopped after that one. Taxes have nothing to do with rights. You may want to edit your comment.

That would be because you did not read it the way I intended, whether by my articulation or your interpretation. See above.

You've missed all of their point.

Requiring proof of training is subject to the same risk as an LTC. Your proposal fixes nothing.

Licenses are for subjects. Anything less than constitutional carry is homosexual.

I'm curious what other rights you think should need a permission slip for

Still not reading it. State uninvolved. No permission slip. Basic firearms safety course handled by someone not tied to the state.

f*** off maura and nobody f***ing likes you

What, because I don't want a moron who doesn't know the safety from the trigger in the next lane shooting me because he was too stupid to read the manual? Because they don't know how to clear their firearm without pulling the trigger? I don't care who wins a Darwin Award, I just don't want them to give me theirs. Here's a great quote from Carlin - "Imagine the intelligence of the average person. Now realize half of people are stupider than that."

See the lawyer Mark Smith on Four Boxes Diner, he has discussed this many times. To keep and bear arms means that we need a means to have arms, including if that means that we make them ourselves. Her ban would die due to SCOTUS decision with the Heller, Bruen, and Caetano plain language reading of the 2nd amendment. (IANAL)
I just want them to try so it can go to the SCOTUS, then the pillow biters will finally have to shut up or stack the court.

What, because I don't want a moron who doesn't know the safety from the trigger in the next lane shooting me because he was too stupid to read the manual? Because they don't know how to clear their firearm without pulling the trigger? I don't care who wins a Darwin Award, I just don't want them to give me theirs. Here's a great quote from Carlin - "Imagine the intelligence of the average person. Now realize half of people are stupider than that."
No I understand perfectly you think that a permission slip keeps people safe you're not exactly playing with a full deck here dude

Jesus dude, just stop.

What is it with people that don't understand what an individual right is nobody gave you the power to determine who can use their freedoms and how. Wanting the government to restrict people's rights using Force to align with your political beliefs is fascism

You can walk or ride a bike on those roads without paying a dime in taxes.

Why is there a training requirement?

You can walk or ride a bike on those roads without paying a dime in taxes.
Directly, sure. But indirectly, you're paying. Unless you are 100% off grid, in which case, you aren't walking or riding a bike on roads.

Why is there a training requirement?

Because we pushed back natural selection 10,000 years in 3 generations with warning labels and unfortunately sometimes someone hands you their Darwin Award.

Ideally, your firearms safety training card would replace the LTC, you'd show that when you purchase a gun, do the 4473, and the state would stay out of licensing, as it's a pointless expense for the individual and the state given the redundancy of a 4473 and it a LTC.
Here’s an idea: Only shoot at clubs that require an orientation that goes over basic firearms safety. I live in a constitutional carry state. We don’t have any more firearms accident than the gestapo states that mandate what you want to mandate here. And I shoot at a private club that vets it’s members prior to allowing them to shoot there.

That’s a lot better solution than you suggesting a government that wants to disarm the populace to decide who can or can’t own or purchase firearms.

What, because I don't want a moron who doesn't know the safety from the trigger in the next lane shooting me because he was too stupid to read the manual?
There’s half your problem right there. Men don’t read manuals. We either learn how to use something or we break it and start over again.
Because they don't know how to clear their firearm without pulling the trigger? I don't care who wins a Darwin Award, I just don't want them to give me theirs.
So what about the elderly lady or the old veteran or even the young disabled veteran in a wheelchair who just can’t get out to go take safety courses? Are you going to deny them self protection simply because you don’t want to shoot with your idea of untrained people at the range, because that’s exactly what it sounds like.

Speaking of, who decides what is sufficient training? I’m fairly certain that I am better trained and have more real life experience to back it up than your do. What if others like me say f*** this agnotology guy his training doesn’t match ours, take his guns so we don’t get lazed at the range.

Back
Top Bottom