Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are wasting time trying to figure out what is legal or illegal. The law is whatever the AG or some prosecutor say it is, and just about any Mass court is going to go along with the state against a gun owner. This isn't some game where written law, clever arguments, corrupt databases, or imperfect proof will save anyone. If they come for you, then you are screwed. All that stands between a Mass gun owner and a jail cell is the gaze of the system. Believing anything else with confidence is delusional.

Exactly. They have basically declared pretty much everything you own to be illegal, and now you're worried about f****** P-Mags? Just nut up and load for bear.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys are wasting time trying to figure out what is legal or illegal. The law is whatever the AG or some prosecutor say it is, and just about any Mass court is going to go along with the state against a gun owner. This isn't some game where written law, clever arguments, corrupt databases, or imperfect proof will save anyone. If they come for you, then you are screwed. All that stands between a Mass gun owner and a jail cell is the gaze of the system. Believing anything else with confidence is delusional.

Exactly. They have basically declared pretty much everything you own to be illegal, and now you're worried about f****** P-Mags? Just nut up and load for bear.

I'm done with Mass. Made that decision recently anyway, and this just reinforces it.

You can call, sign and protest all you want. The only way this gets turned around is a struggle for political power between the AG and some other corrupt part of Mass government. To be clear, no power center in Mass politics gives a damn about gun owners.

- - - Updated - - -

You can call, sign and protest all you want. The only way this gets turned around is a struggle for political power between the AG and some other corrupt part of Mass government. To be clear, no power center in Mass politics gives a damn about gun owners.

SO much this.

You guys are wasting time trying to figure out what is legal or illegal. The law is whatever the AG or some prosecutor say it is, and just about any Mass court is going to go along with the state against a gun owner.

If the courts/legislature allow her to stand with this interpretation, then MA will be full blown banana republic. Then were talking about problems a lot bigger than gun laws.

I agree on the sentiment that if the state wants you badly enough they can and will get you. But this was the case long before this incident happened. See also, MTBS guy, etc. I guess my point is, though, that "bulk level" confiscation is logistically untenable/impractical for the enforcers.

-Mike

from what i am hearing from this thread .. FTF sales of any of their deemed rifles are banned from sale, i wonder what about the massive amounts of preban norinco ak's that are before the AWB..

I don't think so - the enforcement letter specifically states that "this guidance (for owners) will not be applied to possession, ownership or TRANSFERS of an assault weapon obtained prior to July 30, 2016

I read it that future transfers are okay if you owned it before today - of course that is subject to change

I can't believe that this is allowed to stand. I'm next door in RI and this is way too close for comfort. I just had my dad who lives in MA sign the letter for you guys. I'll come out and protest with you... You guys need to get ten thousand in front of her office.

Fox 25 is doing a spot in this after the commercial. They were talking about a "new law."

This is what all those FEMA trailers are for. Already bought and paid for and just waiting to be occupied by us peasants for slave labor. If we protest than we will be vaporized.

Gulags will take away from huge budgets needed to support local branches of FSA. We will be vaporized by robots on the spot. Robot will survive. That is one time $150K purchase and little bit of explosives. Robots do not need vacation or pension. They also remove pesky "human concerns". But if shoot robot your family will have to pay repairs + penalty. That is a nice Soviet way.

If the courts/legislature allow her to stand with this interpretation, then MA will be full blown banana republic. Then were talking about problems a lot bigger than gun laws.

I agree on the sentiment that if the state wants you badly enough they can and will get you. But this was the case long before this incident happened. See also, MTBS guy, etc. I guess my point is, though, that "bulk level" confiscation is logistically untenable/impractical for the enforcers.

-Mike

With respect to gun laws, yes, a full-blown banana republic is exactly what Mass is (or has been).

You are right that bulk confiscation is not on the table. But, this is only because it would not serve the AG's interests right now. They would not have to get it exactly right to make a hell of an impact.

-Mike

I would guess that many of us pay four or five figures in state taxes. I doubt that the state would want to convert too many of us into residents of the West Concord Motel.

I would guess that many of us pay four or five figures in state taxes. I doubt that the state would want to convert too many of us into residents of the West Concord Motel.

They'd do it and not bat an eye. They'd take your possessions, sell them to the next five figure tax payer and move on.

They were what. You're not making any sense. I don't care who she bangs. The Pink Pistols are a gay/lesbian group that supports the RKBA.

They were? Who cares about what she bangs? She's a liberal, that's all i need to know.

Since when has a left winger given a damn about fiscal responsibility?

Signed it.
BTW, why are people going to gun stores? The way I read the wording, you are spared the prosecution (for now) if you owned the gun BEFORE July 20th. So if you are buying and doing the FA-10 today, you are knowingly breaking the law.

You are, but it's a way to get a gun.

What she did will cost the taxpayers a load of money.

Seriously. Does this ****ing tool even realize you can buy ALL the parts to build one online? All she did was cost the state a ****load of money and guarantee that thousands of completely off the books ARs get built in the state. She literally said that the market had jumped 450% in just a week

Ya, what does that revenue look like? Can't have people spending money and helping the economy. Not in her commonwealth! [rolleyes]

FDLh37_J.jpg

AG says 10,000 assault weapons sold last year.....really so only about 2% of gun owners bought a ASsault weapons last year hear in MA?
Sounds about right .....been to the range only 8 or 10 times this year and I'm usually the only one there with a AR?

With respect to gun laws, yes, a full-blown banana republic is exactly what Mass is (or has been).

You are right that bulk confiscation is not on the table. But, this is only because it would not serve the AG's interests right now. They would not have to get it exactly right to make a hell of an impact.

The whole country is a full blown banana republic. If Hillary can walk after what she did...

The new "interpretation" specifically mentions receiver interchangeability, so anything you built with a stripped lower would be in the same group. Unfortunately they're not wrong. [angry]

How would my bolt action rifle that happens to use an AR lower for the trigger group be in violation. It isn't a semi-automatic so it fails the first test and all subsequent tests to be an AW or copy of one.

So an AR lower should be perfectly legal right up until you build it as a semi-automatic something.

Then again, I should be able to order ammunition and have it shipped to me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom