Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a general rule we decided not to comment on this crazy accusation. The people advocating this view are absolutely nuts.

That video was compiled from year-old footage where we were explaining the folly of the assault weapons ban. Our explanation was no different from other media presentations by goal or COM2a or any other gun rights group. The idea that we caused this is idiotic.

+1.

As a general rule we decided not to comment on this crazy accusation. The people advocating this view are absolutely nuts.

That video was compiled from year-old footage where we were explaining the folly of the assault weapons ban. Our explanation was no different from other media presentations by goal or COM2a or any other gun rights group. The idea that we caused this is idiotic.

We have enough enemies without creating more, I can't see the upside of ever talking to the vultures in the media due to how these things get edited and essentially turned into whatever they want for their agenda. But this is not and was not caused by an old interview done by MFS, it was caused by blatant overreach and a legislature that refused to do anything about it.

Looks like I am one of the planters guys.

Attachments

• planters-peanut.jpg
    planters-peanut.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 44
Steve, you didn't cause it, but that interview was used very effectively to garner support for her position by most of the ignorant fools in gov't and the sheeple who saw it.

NEVER talk to the press is a good motto to follow.

I may have missed it but I don't ever recall GOAL or Comm2A giving a "demo" of how the AWB features are functionally meaningless!

Out of curiosity, I've vetted a list of about a dozen semiautomatic magazine feed scary looking rifles that likely don't meet the new AWB standards of interpretation- when can we start sliding those out there for vetting?

If you post them here, they will be banned in short order. Please don't :)

Back pedal all you what ! "it's a false sense of security "

This

NEVER talk to the press is a good motto to follow

Blaming Mass Firearms for this is like blaming someone who had their guns stolen out of their car because they had an NRA sticker on it. Was a contributing factor? Maybe. Doesn't matter, the blame lies squarely with the dirtbag thief. In much the same way, the blame for this nonsense lies squarely on Maura Healey. Let's not lose sight of that fact.

Blaming Mass Firearms for this is like blaming someone who had their guns stolen out of their car because they had an NRA sticker on it. Was a contributing factor? Maybe. Doesn't matter, the blame lies squarely with the dirtbag thief. In much the same way, the blame for this nonsense lies squarely on Maura Healey. Let's not lose sight of that fact.
[rofl2] I get the blame lies on Healey, but the rest not so much.

Steve, you didn't cause it, but that interview was used very effectively to garner support for her position by most of the ignorant fools in gov't and the sheeple who saw it.

NEVER talk to the press is a good motto to follow.

I may have missed it but I don't ever recall GOAL or Comm2A giving a "demo" of how the AWB features are functionally meaningless!

Len,

COm2A and goal can speak for themselves but I know that I've heard them try to explain the AWB using various media outlets over the years.

Speaking to the media is critical for preserving, protecting and restoring our gun rights. Ultimately, we need to move public opinion. The only way to do that is to present our case.

I've watched that video many times and just don't believe it was that bad. Sure it was placed in a context that was unfortunate but the content of the video was sound. The fact is the assault weapons ban was never reasonable...it was always nothing but cosmetic feel good legislation.

Now we basically have the Attorney General on record acknowledging that the assault weapons ban was nothing but a scam. That is actually a pretty significant development.

For years we challenged the anti-gunners that if they really wanted to ban something they needed to go after semi automatic firearms. This was something they simply could not do because of the constitution of the United States.

Well, times of change. The executive branch on the state level has followed the example set by the executive branch on the federal level. When Obama wanted to change Obamacare he simply changed it without regard of how the law was written. When the Attorney General wanted to take action on guns she simply did what she wanted with no legal context justifying her actions.

The courts now stand as our last defense for upholding the constitution. The times we are in are scary but this was inevitable.

If the attorney general wins here, it will indeed affect the entire country.

Agree. The whole legislative ban is stupid, not mention the lawless edict from the AG. Criminals don't follow gun laws anyway. And make enough unjust laws and the masses will just ignore them too. Reap what you sow, gun grabbers. Look at compliance rates in NY and CT. I used to care about being a law abiding citizen. Now, not so much. See how that works.

I cant believe it's been a month and people are still circle jerking who's fault it is.

This. It's naive to think that "we informed them" of anything. People like John Rosenthal (Stop Handgun Violence), and David Linsky absolutely know 100% of this and have been pushing it for years. The CT and NY laws knew 100% of this. I seriously doubt any media had anything to do with it.

It was stupid of MFS to say those things on camera. Again stupid. Whether it was a year ago or not. Never feed the the adversary unless you want your own words used against you. She probably has a whole media server full of interviews just waiting for the next useful tragedy.

This. People lets not eat our own.

Steve,

I'll respectfully disagree. Response in-line.

Len,

COm2A and goal can speak for themselves but I know that I've heard them try to explain the AWB using various media outlets over the years.
Nothing beats the visual that you gave them, but not to our advantage.

Speaking to the media is critical for preserving, protecting and restoring our gun rights. Ultimately, we need to move public opinion. The only way to do that is to present our case.
Really? Well we all see how that worked out! They will cut and paste what you said and showed so as to show it in the most distasteful light and they did a good job of that. I was a member of the press back in 1968 presidential election and what I saw with my own eyes did not match what I read in the newspapers (Globe and Herald) the next morning.

I've watched that video many times and just don't believe it was that bad. Sure it was placed in a context that was unfortunate but the content of the video was sound. The fact is the assault weapons ban was never reasonable...it was always nothing but cosmetic feel good legislation.
You, I and most of us here know that but the unwashed masses don't and when they learned that their response was pretty uniform "ban them all"! Again not to our advantage.

Now we basically have the Attorney General on record acknowledging that the assault weapons ban was nothing but a scam. That is actually a pretty significant development.
And that helps us how?

For years we challenged the anti-gunners that if they really wanted to ban something they needed to go after semi automatic firearms. This was something they simply could not do because of the constitution of the United States.

Well, times of change. The executive branch on the state level has followed the example set by the executive branch on the federal level. When Obama wanted to change Obamacare he simply changed it without regard of how the law was written. When the Attorney General wanted to take action on guns she simply did what she wanted with no legal context justifying her actions.
True but we didn't need to help them!

The courts now stand as our last defense for upholding the constitution. The times we are in are scary but this was inevitable.

If the attorney general wins here, it will indeed affect the entire country.
Mark my words, since this will take 2-5 years in the courts, by that time we will not win, the deck will be stacked totally against us in the judiciary. This couldn't occur at a worse time in history.

You weren't the cause, but you were a contributor. That video was the same as pouring gas on a fire.

Jesus H...

Healey has an agenda...this was going to happen if MFS never existed. She hates guns and will do everything in her power and beyond to make sure we cannot get them. Look at her examples for "accidental" discharges...she trying to say that Glocks are defective. It did not make any difference what MFS said or did not say. She contrived of this plan right after she was elected. This would have happened without Orlando. She would have googled some other event and said see...guns are evil.

She will lie and cheat to achieve her goals. She will create news to push her will on us. Dictators need scapegoats. Guns are hers. She is a tyrant...and will do anything to rule.

Last edited:

It's pathetic this needs to be said. The day we blame people for speaking, and especially for telling the truth, is the day the thugs in power completely win. Healey is the culpable party here. As a practical matter, I very much doubt the interview as presented had anything to do with Healey's decree. But even if it did, I place the blame 100% on the people doing evil. That this needs to be advocated, as well, is pathetic.

I don't think for a second that MFS had anything but the best intentions.
We all need to learn from what happened.
The media is as corrupt as the politicians.
Figure ANYTHING you say to them will be used against us.
Lie , cheat , edit, make shit up, whatever it takes.

When telling the truth becomes unpopular, please, beware.

I don't have an "immediate" dog in this fight. I don't think that MFS contributed any more that anyone who posted about the ridiculousness of "massifying" a popular weapon did.

When it comes to MFS and their relation to Maura's wrath, as Tony Montana said to Sosa in Scarface, "You can't blame him for that animal!"

It is counterproductive to crucify a gun store that is good to deal with for transfers and brings in a ton of newbs to the world of shooting. What does the bashing accomplish?

Did MFS see the interview as a free promo for the business that ended up backfiring? Probably, but what's done is done and I am confident there was no intent to do any harm so can't be angry with them.

Let's never forget who the real enemy is in all of this instead of looking for an easy scapegoat. It's like Steve Bartman. Poor guy got all the hate of the city on his shoulders yet he wasn't the one who blew the lead AND spinelessly lose game 7.

No, No ,No. This is not turning on our own. This is when your buddy does something stupid and you have to smack them in the head. That's all.

Yeah, uncool to jump on MFS. Any of our words could be twisted like that, I won't be silenced by either side. We need to stay on our soapboxes. If not us, then the media will just get their own 'experts'.

The smart ones are people like Carl. When the TV crew showed up at Four Seasons on 7/20 he refused them entry and refused to be interviewed. They talked with a few people in line and that was it.

The media is BOUGHT and PAID for by the DNC and you have to learn NOT TO FEED THE MEDIA.

That's the take-away on what happened at MFS. It was dumb to try to educate them like that. That is a lot different than standing on a soapbox in front of the statehouse and ranting about the AG, gov, legislature.

Anyone who believes that what MFS did had no impact on the AG's actions must also believe that the changes to her FAQ isn't at all related to postings that were made here on NES. RIGHT!!!!

The smart ones are people like Carl. When the TV crew showed up at Four Seasons on 7/20 he refused them entry and refused to be interviewed. They talked with a few people in line and that was it.

The media is BOUGHT and PAID for by the DNC and you have to learn NOT TO FEED THE MEDIA.

That's the take-away on what happened at MFS. It was dumb to try to educate them like that. That is a lot different than standing on a soapbox in front of the statehouse and ranting about the AG, gov, legislature.

Anyone who believes that what MFS did had no impact on the AG's actions must also believe that the changes to her FAQ isn't at all related to postings that were made here on NES. RIGHT!!!!

Len,

What you are advocating is not reasonable. How do you expect us to ever make headway if we give the anti-gunners the only voice in the media? The pro-gun, pro-constitution movements will ultimately be won in the political arena. It is true that constitutionally minded political candidates get misrepresented in the media. So what do you recommend?...that they stop giving interviews? That is truly absurd.

MFS works hard at changing public opinion by educating thousands of people every year...just like GOAL, COM2A, and hundreds of BFS instructors in this state. As gun owners we need to make the truth known. If we followed your advice we would gain nothing...our only hope would be the status quo. I would do well to remind you that the old status quo in Massachusetts was oppressively unconstitutional.

Steve,

You are not going to win the "media war" no matter what you do. The enemy controls the media and the message.

"Cut and splice" ensures that what they want goes over the air, not what you tell them.

MA still is oppressively unconstitutional and proud of it.

Playing "show and tell" as to why the AWB is dumb due to features is the dumbest thing you could do, feeding into the enemy's hands.

If you merely addressed the fact that so-called AWs haven't been used in crime in MA in any statistically significant way, that the issues are better intel on terrorists, actually locking violent criminals up instead of "catch and release", etc. you may or may not have made points but wouldn't have handed the enemy a video that they can use for years to come selectively to take away whatever rights we still have.

Your act was dumb, just like when the RAT was interviewed many times and ran his mouth . . . the results didn't help us.

It's obvious to me that you'll continue inviting the media into your shop/range and just as obvious that they will continue to use you to push their "ban all guns agenda".

The Enemy Within!!! [frown]

This video was made in response to the original assault weapons ban many years ago:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yATeti5GmI8

I guess this guy in those like him where the enemy?

With all due respect your position is nuts.

With all due respect to all parties, the AG is not as ignorant as the gun owning community thinks. Her action was brewing from the day she was elected. The argument that the AWB was stupid was turned against us in a tyrannical government action. Currently, she has successfully denied constitutional rights to those who choose to purchase from MA gun dealers, who have complied with a newspaper opinion piece. If she is stupid enough to actually indict someone and go to court, she will lose (at significant expense to all parties).

It seems like people on this site are quick to s**t on gun stores at the drop of a hat.

Just remember that it's likely they have done a lot more to protect gun rights in this state than you have, and also if Healy ever changes her mind about prosecuting pre 7/20 sales, she's most likely gonna sent the party van to their house not yours.

Len's point seems to be going over the heads of many.

Dealers, when approached by the media, should do one of two things:

- STFU
- Not go into the minutiae around the AWB, not point out similarities, differences, or the irony around legalities. Tow a more generic line: discuss the overall oppressive and draconian nature of MA gun laws, the continued punishing of the law abiding and the "pass" the non law abiding seem to get in this state. The confusion the AG has caused both dealers and licensed gun owners with vague "clarifications".

NES isn't your private corner of the Internet where somehow only "we" have access and Healey's goon squad is somehow repelled.

Simple: use your heads and the media isn't your friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom