• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it funny the amount of people bashing MFS, who has done waaaayyy more than pretty much all of its detractors to shore up the 2A inside Massachusetts. I worked there from 2012-2014, during the height of the panic. We filled so many BFS seats that we were putting I'd estimate over 100 people, sometimes many more, through the four hour course in one day alone. Hell, I've probably sold some of you guns as well. Even if only 2/3's of those students got their LTC's, it's still infinitely more than zero.

It probably should be called "constructive criticism" at worst. We should learn the lesson and move on, no hate onto members of the same team.

It probably should be called "constructive criticism" at worst. We should learn the lesson and move on, no hate onto members of the same team.

I haven't seen too much constructive criticism, just blatant bashing. Look at all the one star reviews people left on MFS' Facebook page. Different medium, I know, but how many do you think are also NES'ers?

I haven't seen too much constructive criticism, just blatant bashing. Look at all the one star reviews people left on MFS' Facebook page. Different medium, I know, but how many do you think are also NES'ers?

MA gun owners are quick to eat their own. The anti's love that about us.

I can't be the only one who thinks she's almost attractive, right?

You the opposite of the NES stud club?

- - - Updated - - -

MA gun owners are quick to eat their own. The anti's love that about us.

Particularly WRT the MFS thing.... I mean isn't that video, what we've been telling people for the last 18 years (in a slightly different way/narrative, mind you) that the AWB was friggan stupid? Wouldn't be the first time someone made a video highlighting the stupidity of AW bans.

-Mike

Particularly WRT the MFS thing.... I mean isn't that video, what we've been telling people for the last 18 years (in a slightly different way/narrative, mind you) that the AWB was friggan stupid? Wouldn't be the first time someone made a video highlighting the stupidity of AW bans.

-Mike

Mike,

The difference is that the media is lazy and not as likely to cruise YouTube to find a MA-related video to use. Here it was laid out on a silver platter by a local MA business for their use by cutting and splicing to get the results they want. It was a dumb thing to do "show and tell". Would have been fine to discuss the stupidity of the AWB in a sit-down interview without the props. It's the visual that scares the sheeple and politicrats but can be used to their advantage. The old "a picture is worth a thousand words" mantra.

There have been dozens of studies done on the AWB and they all show that it was a joke. The idea that the anti-gunners were somehow unaware of that is paint chip eating stupid. They knew long before MFS even opened their doors.

You the opposite of the NES stud club?

- - - Updated - - -

-Mike

I made an educational video on the AWB along the same lines a while back. I dont fault myself or MFS. This state is simply ****ed. Its not like they passed a new law, we just have an AG who has no respect for legislative due process. That and the states response, more than the content, is what solidified our decision to move in a few years. I dont want to live somewhere where the interpretation of laws is able to swing so wildly without any meaningful resistance. What the actual ****.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Mike,

The difference is that the media is lazy and not as likely to cruise YouTube to find a MA-related video to use. Here it was laid out on a silver platter by a local MA business for their use by cutting and splicing to get the results they want. It was a dumb thing to do "show and tell". Would have been fine to discuss the stupidity of the AWB in a sit-down interview without the props. It's the visual that scares the sheeple and politicrats but can be used to their advantage. The old "a picture is worth a thousand words" mantra.
BAM ! spot on

-Mike

Seriously, Mike is CORRECT.

So, it this video did not exist...nothing would have happen? Bullshit...Healey hates guns...she doesn't give a shit about gun owners. She is politically motivated to use this issue to further her career. This was going to happen without MFS or without Orlando. She just didn't come up with this after Orlando. This was politically timed. She will cheat and lie to get her way...facts do not mean anything.

This is all about HER...the only way this could have been avoided, if she lost the election.

Instead of pointing the blame, we're all on the same side to fix this. What's done is done. No use pointing fingers at the source. We're on the same team and need to stick together in this.

Seriously, Mike is CORRECT.

So, it this video did not exist...nothing would have happen? Bullshit...Healey hates guns...she doesn't give a shit about gun owners. She is politically motivated to use this issue to further her career. This was going to happen without MFS or without Orlando. She just didn't come up with this after Orlando. This was politically timed. She will cheat and lie to get her way...facts do not mean anything.

This is all about HER...the only way this could have been avoided, if she lost the election.

I don't disagree that she'd pull this crap without the video at MFS. HOWEVER, the buy-in from Baker, legistraitors, and the SHEEPLE due to the video was immense. Without the video more people might have asked WTF is this about, but seeing the video as cut/pasted and presented by the media solidified a scary bonding of their brains with Healey's actions.

Instead of pointing the blame, we're all on the same side to fix this. What's done is done. No use pointing fingers at the source. We're on the same team and need to stick together in this.

Problem is that Steve said that he'd do it again the same way! That isn't learning and sticking together, that is going to bite us further when he does it again with the next issue.

I think Len has touched on an important point here: It is not necessarily important to assign blame but it is critical that when mistakes are made, they are learned from. What I keep reading on this site is complete ignorance and an unwillingness to accept that mistakes were made and that things were done to help our adversaries.

Rather than own up to those mistakes, hubris has caused those involved to bluster forward and insist that their shit doesn't stink. That they would do it all over again the same way is insane and demonstrates both an inability to learn from mistakes and an unwillingness to admit wrong doing, thus making it impossible to learn and make better decisions next time.

As I posted in another thread, Steve just doesn't "get it". Never did, even when explaining the AWB to the media, he still did not understand the etymology and history of "Assault Weapons".

Also, all of this behavior in their defense masks the simple fact that MFS has not learned its lesson from recent events.

I find that tragic.

Whether Maura would have been able to take this route without the MFS video is as difficult to argue as whether she would have gone down this path without being emboldened by the Draper decision. There were a number of factors contributing to our current situation as there is rarely a singular event that touches off such tyrannical infringements.

I don't disagree that she'd pull this crap without the video at MFS. HOWEVER, the buy-in from Baker, legistraitors, and the SHEEPLE due to the video was immense.

Did you actually see that response to the interview? This whole time I thought you guys were making things up with wild imagination and conjecture.

Please forward me the link that you base this on and I will certainly reconsider my position.

Steve

I don't disagree that she'd pull this crap without the video at MFS. HOWEVER, the buy-in from Baker, legistraitors, and the SHEEPLE due to the video was immense. Without the video more people might have asked WTF is this about, but seeing the video as cut/pasted and presented by the media solidified a scary bonding of their brains with Healey's actions.

Problem is that Steve said that he'd do it again the same way! That isn't learning and sticking together, that is going to bite us further when he does it again with the next issue.

You don't really believe this right? Next you are going to try to tell us that the Benghazi attack was triggered by a video? [thinking]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6RS6ANE64g

This was rebroadcast on June 19th skip to 3:50 where Deleo comments after seeing the video

DeLeo says we have to have a further look at gun safety laws, like there are so many killings in MA with AR's. But it shows how stupid the legislators are, they had no idea that you could buy a Mass Compliant gun that looks like a killy gun... The literally didn't know! Without the video they would still be in the dark.

You don't really believe this right? Next you are going to try to tell us that the Benghazi attack was triggered by a video? [thinking]

Read what I wrote again. It was NOT the cause of the action. However, it gave political cover to the people I mentioned to agree with her actions. Perhaps everyone might not have jumped ON her bandwagon without the visual. That is all that I'm saying there.

I would not necessarily concede that Deleo's reaction to the video was "immense". Len said that the governor, other legislators, an the public had an extreme reaction to the video. I'm still waiting to see that evidence.

The fact is the Attorney General had no legal authority to do what she did.

The footage they used from us was old file footage. People have made videos just like the one that I did many times. They could've used any of those. You guys who are trying to blame this on us are being real jerks.

We filled so many BFS seats that we were putting I'd estimate over 100 people, sometimes many more, through the four hour course in one day

Why does that scare the sh^t out of me?

We filled so many BFS seats that we were putting I'd estimate over 100 people, sometimes many more, through the four hour course in one day

Because your an idiot? [wink]

We run up to 9 BFS classes on a Saturday.

After sandy hook I believe we were running up to 12 classes on a Saturday.

Last edited:
I would not necessarily concede that Deleo's reaction to the video was "immense". Len said that the governor, other legislators, an the public had an extreme reaction to the video. I'm still waiting to see that evidence.

The fact is the Attorney General had no legal authority to do what she did.

The footage they used from us was old file footage. People have made videos just like the one that I did many times. They could've used any of those. You guys who are trying to blame this on us are being real jerks.

And you are SAINT STEVEN who does everything right!

Insulting those that disagree with you Steve will get you far. I'm sorry that I ever supported you when you were thrown out of Mansfield F&G (and no, I still don't know what the accusations were).

It should. We see the results every day at the gun clubs!

It gets discussed at every range officer's meeting at Braintree R&P . . . and NO, I am not the person who puts the subject on the table each time.

Mansfield F&G just implemented a "volunteer coach" program in place for new shooters that want help figuring out how to be safe and how to shoot. A BOD member (I am not on the BOD) wanted to implement testing of new members, which got shot down but this program put in place to help those that ask for help at no cost to the member.
https://calendar.google.com/calenda...oogle.com&color=#182C57&ctz=America/New_York"

This whole AWB video debate is stupid. defending the stupid interview is stupid. and blaming the stupid interview for the actions of a tyrant is also stupid. That being said if it were my interview I wouldn't be defending it but I also wouldn't be apologizing for it. It just is kinda dumb.

But let's play devils advocate for a moment and just assume that Steve's interview provided all the necessary information for Healey et al. to violate the rights of an entire state and prohibit firearms sales. Even IF that were the case, wouldn't the problem STILL exist at the level of government?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6RS6ANE64g

This was rebroadcast on June 19th skip to 3:50 where Deleo comments after seeing the video

I don't care what anyone says that clip of MFS in this video is disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself, Steve. That's the first time i've seen it and it's a disgrace what you did.

Why would you even refer to what we couldn't buy as an "assault rifle"? We all know it's not, f*ckin idiot. Honestly can't believe people still support your business.

EDIT: Reconsider your position? How about the fact you had nothing to gain from the interview and everything to lose. Lets start there.

Last edited:
It's hard for me to take Len2A seriously when he too is in the instructing business. That's like saying "and now the CEO of Wal-Mart weighs in on Target's tranny bathrooms."

My god. Steve isn't the f-ing problem here... This is asinine.

Bingo. Even the clown from Ware Gun Shop has no part on the AG "legislating" from her office for political gain.

I myself have spent plenty of time trying to point out to people how retarded the AWB is. In a sense I think those general efforts by many worked towards preventing anything from passing in the Legislature further arbitrarily restricting what guns you can own in 2014 when this was discussed very thoroughly throughout the state. Who the hell would have predicted the AG would interpret the laws as she has bypassing the legislature? While it wasn't enough, a very good portion of the house and senate in both camps have taken serious issue and shown concern over what she has done... that is because she cannot ****ing do it, its unprecedented. To be fair, I am confident that it won't stand up before an HONEST judge. This state is too corrupt and too far gone anyway.

I don't think MFS made a mistake, that type of thing works when proper channels are used to pass laws. One rogue AG is a whole other story.

Mike

It's hard for me to take Len2A seriously when he too is in the instructing business. That's like saying "and now the CEO of Wal-Mart weighs in on Target's tranny bathrooms."

You can be Steve's apologist, you are welcome to it. I don't teach BFS courses so I am not really competing with him, have no dog in this fight. However, I've known him in the training business since he started, sponsored him at Mansfield F&G and did "contract training" of people for Moon Island test for him at Braintree R&P for a number of years. We WERE friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom