Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
what really gets me is that in NY and CA they legislated the changes, in our case she decided that even though the law is already on the books she decided that it now means something esle

So at this point, why would any rational person follow the gun laws in MA if the law can just be reinterpreted at will? Doesn't matter if it's legal today, the king might declare it illegal tomorrow.

^^^^^ QFMFT

what you faggots fail to understand, that if you handled an AR or AK or Tawor ever since AWB ... you are a felon She said that shit straight up in the comments to press. Listen to it. Everyone is a ****ing felon, but she is not going after you "at this time" <- exact ****ing words.

Yep. Wait a couple years until some election pandering or other distraction is needed and she'll come close your loophole too.

That's disappointing to say the least. Wonder how many others will follow suit.

Edited to add: I think I just heard the value of my ARs jump considerably.

Not really, because it is now illegal to sell them in this state, ergo they have no value unless you sell them in a free state.

I would think that it would go beyond dealers to the manufacturers themselves. As you pointed out, this is the AG reinterpreting existing law. I know that's what Democrat AGs like to do, but this could have nationwide implications if it's not stopped now. The manufacturers collectively have a lot more in the way of money and influence than the local dealers do.

I hope GOAL will take the lead on the political front as they did over the past few years.

BTW, our lovely AG is being sued by Exxon for a 1A violation. That's not getting much publicity, but she and other AGs have withdrawn their lawsuit.

Yes, we can be mad at dealers because not fighting this is counterproductive to their very existence. Any dealer unwilling to piss in this broad's face in court should just sell all their shit and give it up, right now- because if they don't fight this (fight either legally in court or legislatively, by demanding the legislature produce a bill which strips the AG of firearm regulatory powers) means the AG can screw over even obedient dealers that have been obeying the actual law for a long assed time.

I am guessing, however, at this stage some of them (like FS) are stopping sales as a matter of pragmatism; I predict either two things are going to happen.... in a month or less there will be a legal throatpunch against the AGs office over this; (or a "retraction" once this birdbrain gets told that she doesn't have the lawful authority to do this) or it's going to be allowed to stand which will result in lots of fun chaos and mayhem as everyone becomes a felon and stops giving a shit- because if thats the path chosen it pretty much means "you will own guns and take huge legal risks whether you wanted to or not" or "you don't own guns at all". There is no middle ground anymore if the AG isn't forced to respect the law.

-Mike

So at this point, why would any rational person follow the gun laws in MA if the law can just be reinterpreted at will? Doesn't matter if it's legal today, the king might declare it illegal tomorrow.

Actually worse than that. Now they can declare that something you did legally prior today has now been deemed to have been illegal under our new interpretation of the law.

this is crazy. Why wouldn't FFLs just sell the "lower." And sell the upper "separately?"

because according to the AG's article, any rifle created after yesterday is a violation of the AWB. A violation of possession not necessarily sale.

It is our understanding that today is the last day that we can sell S&W Sport II and Ruger AR-556 rifles in MA.

We have both in stock.

Four Seasons
Is that spelled out in the letter? Specifically, does it say that sales and registrations made before 11:59 pm tonight are legal?

I would think that it would go beyond dealers to the manufacturers themselves. As you pointed out, this is the AG reinterpreting existing law. I know that's what Democrat AGs like to do, but this could have nationwide implications if it's not stopped now. The manufacturers collectively have a lot more in the way of money and influence than the local dealers do.

Won't they just stop selling in MA, it seems to be what they do instead of fighting

Actually worse than that. Now they can declare that something you did legally prior today has now been deemed to have been illegal under our new interpretation of the law.

And you most likely filed an FA-10 to commemorate the crime. You basically put on your own noose.

(Me too for what it's worth.)

So what does "essentially the same operating system mean?" Is direct impingement the same as gas piston? What does "interchangeable parts" mean? Scopes, slings, sights?

Already there brother, made the statement, posted the pic.

View attachment 172526

Maybe we all send our roll pins to the AG via USPS?

So what does "essentially the same operating system mean?" Is direct impingement the same as gas piston? What does "interchangeable parts" mean? Scopes, slings, sights?

I thought they were talking like Windows vs OSX

Comm2A just tweeted asking for folks to call the governor's office and tell him to veto Healey's directive. You can reach the office at 617-725-4005. Or (must be in state) 888-870-7770.

And you most likely filed an FA-10 to commemorate the crime. You basically put on your own noose.

(Me too for what it's worth.)

If the prosecution's burden of proof still applies after today then logically, any FA-10 filed less than 7 days post AG's declaration should be fine as the burden would be on the state to prove the rifle was assembled after the AG's declaration?

It means anything she wants it to mean, and because of the recent court decision re: LCI's etc, she doesn't have to explain it to you or anyone, and nobody can challenge her interpretation. SO SAYETH THE KING, KNEEL PEASANT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom