Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am sick of this "move out of MA " club for some people(like myself) its is not an option they just have to do what they can here

Not telling you to move. Just saying that I'm glad I moved. I understand many people can't move. Like I said, I'm still financially supporting GOAL, COMM2A and NES.

If the court system allows Healy to prosecute someone over this, then that effectively means that rule of law is completely meaningless in MA. At that point you guys might as well unpin the stocks and buy whatever mags you want, because it effectively opens the gate allowing the state to prosecute you for anything they want at anytime, and that none of the gun laws actually matter because we're all felons by default.

I am annoyed that dealers are Kowtowing to this bullshit, frankly.

-Mike

Me too. This is just like the folks who won't ship ammo or reloading components here: MA AGs have learned over the years that folks will kowtow to the threat of a lawsuit rather than fight, so there's little need for the court system to ever get involved.

The onesies and twosies who don't bend over for the AG's letters are FAR outweighed by retailers that will.

cant be mad at dealers they have to cover their asses maybe a new industry of 80% lowers and such since there was no mention of that

They'll be covering their asses right up until the moment that they turn the lights off for good.

At least until the legislature changes the definition of "firearm" to include stripped lowers.

Not going to happen very rapidly, if at all. We're talking about the same legislature that took like 5 years to ban "bomb components" and that was a bill widely supported by moonbats and police types alike. Of course if this edict is allowed to stand there is a far bigger frontal problem- which is that the rule of law is meaningless in MA. Which means that any gun owner or dealer can be prosecuted for virtually anything, at any time.

-Mike

Not naming dealers in this thread, but the four seasons email has been posted.

Another decent shop just posted "IF YOU WANT YOUR AR OR AK, GET DOWN HERE NOW! WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED OFFICIAL NOTICE FROM THE AG, GET DOWN HERE NOW, THE AG IS TRYING TO REDEFINE OUR RIGHTS!"

Its not a few that are going to cave.

So, I am sitting at home because I blew out my back and have been going crazy, not able to do much of anything...so on Monday, I took 5 lower receivers that I had purchased and thought " I should make sure these are all to spec so I don't run into problems down the road." Five hours later I have successfully built some really nice rifles and am feeling better about my situation (how could quality time spent doing something you love not make you feel better?). I wake up this morning, pump out 5 eFa-10s because I am a respectful Commonwealth resident...now, I read this post and it sounds like ARs are now illegal? WTF? I feel like the AG should not be able to reverse time and make rifles I made on Monday illegal as of Wednesday because she wants to reinterpret law! I had 7 days to legally EFA-10 these rifles! I owned them before she declared this nonsense! Now, all of a sudden after 19 years we are criminals...this can't be acceptable? IANAL, but legal precedent ought to stand for something!

AR15 BANNED IN MASS - CONTACT GOVERNOR BAKER !!!
http://www.mass.gov/governor/constit...vernor-office/

Boston Office Massachusetts State House
Office of the Governor
Room 280
Boston, MA 02133
Office Hours:
Monday – Friday
9:00am – 5:00pm
Phone: 617.725.4005
888.870.7770 (in state)
Fax: 617.727.9725
TTY: 617.727.3666

Suggested Talking Points:

The AG's proclamation is an outrageous overextension of power.

If this were passed by the Legislature, that's one thing. But she is making the law up as she goes along.

Does Governor Baker intend for every Gun Shop in this State to go out of business ?​

I'll ****ing repost this shit for every page, instead of blabbing and bitching about NH, give the guy a call and contribute some to Comm2a

cant be mad at dealers they have to cover their asses maybe a new industry of 80% lowers and such since there was no mention of that

Yes, we can be mad at dealers because not fighting this is counterproductive to their very existence. Any dealer unwilling to piss in this broad's face in court should just sell all their shit and give it up, right now- because if they don't fight this (fight either legally in court or legislatively, by demanding the legislature produce a bill which strips the AG of firearm regulatory powers) means the AG can screw over even obedient dealers that have been obeying the actual law for a long assed time.

I am guessing, however, at this stage some of them (like FS) are stopping sales as a matter of pragmatism; I predict either two things are going to happen.... in a month or less there will be a legal throatpunch against the AGs office over this; (or a "retraction" once this birdbrain gets told that she doesn't have the lawful authority to do this) or it's going to be allowed to stand which will result in lots of fun chaos and mayhem as everyone becomes a felon and stops giving a shit- because if thats the path chosen it pretty much means "you will own guns and take huge legal risks whether you wanted to or not" or "you don't own guns at all". There is no middle ground anymore if the AG isn't forced to respect the law.

-Mike

and so it begins......4S just sent out emails stating they won't sell AR's anymore.

way to hold out guys! [sad2]

To:[email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 11:51 AM
Subject: Important news regarding the sale of rifles in MA

It is our understanding that today is the last day that we can sell S&W Sport II and Ruger AR-556 rifles in MA.

We have both in stock.

Four Seasons

Last edited:
I've lived in NH all my life except for the six years I was in the USN and have seen our gun rights challenged again and again...let's not get too smug about what we have....

It wouldn't take much to tip the "balance" we have right now to start losing those challenges.

Yeah, but it will never, ever be a crap show like this. MA went down the rabbit hole a long time ago and they simply don't know it. [smile]

Yes, we can be mad at dealers because not fighting this is counterproductive to their very existence. Any dealer unwilling to piss in this broad's face in court should just sell all their shit and give it up, right now- because if they don't fight this (fight either legally in court or legislatively, by demanding the legislature produce a bill which strips the AG of firearm regulatory powers) means the AG can screw over even obedient dealers that have been obeying the actual law for a long assed time.

I am guessing, however, at this stage some of them (like FS) are stopping sales as a matter of pragmatism; I predict either two things are going to happen.... in a month or less there will be a legal throatpunch against the AGs office over this; (or a "retraction" once this birdbrain gets told that she doesn't have the lawful authority to do this) or it's going to be allowed to stand which will result in lots of fun chaos and mayhem as everyone becomes a felon and stops giving a shit- because if thats the path chosen it pretty much means "you will own guns and take huge legal risks whether you wanted to or not" or "you don't own guns at all". There is no middle ground anymore if the AG isn't forced to respect the law.

-Mike

^^^^^ QFMFT

what you faggots fail to understand, that if you handled an AR or AK or Tawor ever since AWB ... you are a felon She said that shit straight up in the comments to press. Listen to it. Everyone is a ****ing felon, but she is not going after you "at this time" <- exact ****ing words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom