• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this one from the globe

"AG spokeswoman Cyndi Roy Gonzalez acknowledged that the AG’s office had not researched crime statistics — the FBI lists only two of nearly 800 Massachusetts murders between 2010 and 2014 as being committed with rifles."

We need to stop using "law" when related to this issue.
It is not a "law". It is the AG's interpretation of the current law.
The AG CANNOT make LAWS!!!!!

One of my reps replies to me: I think they meant interpretation instead of interuption though.

"It's good to hear from you.

Unfortunately as the case may be here, the Attorney General has the statutory authority to interrupt the laws of the commonwealth as they are written and determine how to apply them to the public at large. The language she is "interrupting" in this situation is extremely broad. The statute says:

''Assault weapon'', shall have the same meaning as a semiautomatic assault weapon as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(30) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994, and shall include, but not be limited to, any of the weapons, or copies or duplicates of the weapons,

Because of this broad language and interruption I am a bit worried that fixing this action will be neither quick nor easy, especially given the makeup of the legislature as it currently exists.

Please know that the republican caucus is meeting to discuss what we can do to stop this and try and come up with some solutions. In addition, we are meeting with GOAL's leadership after tomorrow's rally at the statehouse to try and figure out what is next. We are hoping to unveil some ideas soon.

Either way, this fight is likely to continue for a long time..."

taking Moar out would solve everything, disbar her and have her resign in shame

I'm going, and I'm packing a lunch. They will have to carry me off the Battlefield.

No one can sell guns like a democrat, im thinking they r really the ones with stock in gun manufacturers, nearly 2600 guns were sold Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Ask them what they would think if the AG came out UNILATERALLY and banned abortion...RETROACTIVELY!! And made criminals of ALL law-abiding women and all everyone that worked for Planned Parenthood over the past 20+ years!!!

Bingo, if this was about ANYTHING other than guns and it would have been reversed and forgotten about already.

I think someone could take the language and form of the AGs letters from Wednesday, reference the fact the the MA statute for homicide doesn't except abortion, and send enforcement notices to every planned parenthood in the state.

Absolutely could. This sets a REALLY bad precedence.

Up until now this is a misnomer and false representation of being safe. The laws already on the books have failed, new laws just create confusion. The use of the crying mother photo is agenda fitting to say the least. Sorry late to this thread, these " There taking our gunzzzz " threads I try to avoid as its the same noise repeated year after year after year and the bad guys are still killing people DAILY...screw you and your fake laws that promise safety.
No. The second part quantifies items not listed in the first part.

Since day 1 of this law the 1st section prohibited the guns named in it. The 2nd part is an "in addition to the guns named, any other gun that has..."

I own an LWRC IPC. It's not an AR15 so it's not covered by the first part. It doesn't have more than 2 evil features so it's not prohibited by the second part either.

Now Moar is claiming that as my rifle has parts in common with an AR15 (and my gun is NOT an AR, it's a piston rifle but it has about 80% commonality in parts with an AR) that it's covered by the first part prohibition on AR15s. Even though it's not an AR, her interpretation of the law magicially makes it something it isn't. Here's where the fun starts: how much commonality of parts or similarity of function does it take? A Bushmaster X15 has close to 100% commonality. My gun is about 80%. Is that enough? I believe a SCAR can use an AR trigger group. Is that enough? A SCAR uses a similar action to an FN FAL which is prohibited by part 1. Is that enough? An AK uses a similar action as a Garand. Is that enough? Who the **** knows? That's part of the reason people are freaking out. If she really wants to b a **** she can claim this covers all semi autos. I would say that's full retard but she's already proven she's gone there.

What's worse is she's set it up with the Glob and the other anti's so any legislator who opposes this is going to get painted by the Rosenthal crew as pro-Assault Weapons and will lose their Lib card. Which is a big deal in MA.

I've been scared of her since day 1. She's a crafty ****er and she's proved it with this. A statist **** of first order.

Are you sure about that? If that were the case, wouldn't the correct word be "or" instead of "and"? Seems to me that if the legislators wanted to ban copies of Colt AR then it could have been written specifically. I interpret the "and" as that it must pass the first part of the definition referring to the features "and" in addition must pass the second part referring to specific names.

The AGO is attempting to make a case that anything remotely similar to a weapon which was banned by name in '94, is the same thing, and therefore banned in MA, with no regard to the features. That is a separate issue from the defining characteristics in the definition of assault weapon.

After a call and email yesterday to my representative state senator (Fattman), below is the response I got this morning. for what its worth, THIS is the response the governor should have given yesterday. Senator Fattman has my absolute support!!!

[FONT=&quot]Hi Robert,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks for writing. The Senator disagrees with the AG’s actions vehemently. We are researching if she has the authority to do this, and hope to take action with allies like GOAL moving forward. The Senator will be at the rally this weekend at 10 AM in front of the State House. We will keep you updated.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]JZ

[/FONT]

anyone buy a semiauto handgun since Wednesday from a gun shop?...i was just wondering if any shops were selling anything other than revolvers, shotguns, bolt action guns, lever guns, etc. for the time being...def have to keep supporting the local shops in case this takes a long time to change so they don't go under

ok, let me throw this out for you

if you have libtard friends or neighbors (that you talk to) ... bring them in tomorrow. It's more about civil rights than just rights to a specific gun or 2a. AG legislated, judged and enforced with one decree, if this is not overreaching powergrab, I don't know what is. Let your libtardies put their action where their verbal diarrhea comes from, attend a ****ing civil rights rally.

Received a response from my senator after a good phone conversation yesterday. AG is just giving them the same shit that they gave us.

Looks like a another few phone numbers to jam at the bottom of the AG's communication.

Dear Mr. _________:

Senator Tarr asked me to forward the below informational bulletin that was just provided to him by the office of the Massachusetts Attorney General. He has supported and will continue to support law-abiding firearms owners. Please know he is exploring every avenue to address the issues that have been created by the AG's recent interpretation of the law.

____

For many years, the gun industry has been marketing and selling what they describe as "Massachusetts compliant" assault weapons, despite the fact that these guns are actually banned under existing state law. There were about 10,000 of these weapons sold in Massachusetts last year alone. The AG's notice clarifies what it means to be a “copy” or “duplicate” of a prohibited assault weapon under G.L. c. 140, §§ 121, 128 and 131M, and it announces our intention to enforce our state ban on sales of copycat assault rifles for all sales conducted on or after July 20, 2016. The notice does not create new law, nor does it apply to individuals who purchased one of these weapons before July 20.

To help with any calls or inquiries about the announcement from your constituents, I’m sending along some information that I hope you will find helpful. Here is a web page where you can find the letter we sent, the enforcement notice, and answers to some frequently asked questions: http://www.mass.gov/ago/public-safety/awbe.html.

There are also a couple of phone numbers to help better direct constituents to our office. Gun dealers who have questions about compliance can call (617) 963-2775. For all other questions or comments, you can direct constituents to our Consumer Assistance and Response Division hotline at (617) 727-8400.

Thank you!

I didn't even get an auto response from my state rep, got an auto response from state senator, but not even a reply from either.

Are you sure about that? If that were the case, wouldn't the correct word be "or" instead of "and"? Seems to me that if the legislators wanted to ban copies of Colt AR then it could have been written specifically. I interpret the "and" as that it must pass the first part of the definition referring to the features "and" in addition must pass the second part referring to specific names.

No, the "coppy/duplicate" portion of the MA AWB is in the definition for Assault Weapons whereas the evil features is in the AWB. For the Federal ban, they were both in the same place as A & B.

Quote Originally Posted by esamjj :

We need to stop using "law" when related to this issue. It is not a "law". It is the AG's interpretation of the current law. The AG CANNOT make LAWS!!!!! unquote.

This will not stop them and anyone else in elected position from attempting to expand their authority. The problem stems from the President. He is oblivious to the power he has been attempting to wield on the public and circumventing the congress and even the SCOTUS. His mantra: do it and let the courts settle it if necessary. There's no skin off his nose and he just goes onto the next thing. So, we see that same thing. Congress, too, continues to abscond with bits and pieces of more and more power that we did not give them in the Constitution. They are forbidden to even discuss issues that are beyond their constitutional charge but they do it anyway because there is no one nor no entity that will challenge them to stop.

It comes down to this: Who is policing the policemen?

This is the worst of the worst. Every part of the three-legged stool has been corrupted as has the AGs office. So, with those offices as an example, States offices are just doing the same thing. This AG may, in fact have the power to do what she did but it was because the other offices in MASS have abdicated THEIR authority over her, allowing her to take the position she has taken.

This is what happens, ladies and gentlemen, when you have an oligarchy. That's one-party rule for too long. Just look here to the south at CT. WE've been under the Liberal thumb for so long I've forgotten what it feels like to actually vote for someone locally that actually wins. Because of one-party rule, whatever they want to do is fine with all departments. As an example, back not long ago, the state decided to reinterpret the law making us register ALL AK clones but only in 7.62 x 39! Any other caliber was fine, however. How dumb is that? No other AKs could be purchased, either. Get caught with an unregistered AK and it was confiscated but no criminal penalty. How 'bout that! That's where you're headed. Today, because of zero representation of our side in either house or senate, we have full registration of all ARs and can no longer purchase them, period.

Unless the next election gives the conservatives in this state a voice, we're broken for at least another decade.

Rome

Of course I agree with pushing to repeal the AWB.

Just be cautious basing any arguments based on statistics that say "rifles haven't hurt anyone". If we start hinging our 2A rights on some innocuous statistic, we are doomed. Stats or no stats, the rights exist and they aren't to be infringed. End of story.

In general I don't think the AWB is going anywhere unless all the FFL's in this state refuse to transfer anything to LE. then maybe. just maybe. but odds that would happen are near zero because there's always an FFL willing to cave for $300.

I know at least two cops in MA who have FFLs on the side, so good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom