• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
A copy of 2A would contain all the words and the same punctuation. She banned letters of the alphabet and punctuation contained in the 2A.

You left out the second part of the definition of "assault weapon" in MGL ch. 140, section 121, which is important in the analysis:

The new "interpretation" by Healy, in context with the full definition bans the enumerated weapons and any "copies or duplicates" of those enumerated weapons, *and* any firearm that meets the 2-feature test. I don't see anything contradictory - just fascistic and unconstitutional.

Wouldn't the "copies or duplicated" void the 2 feature test?

Hence my common sense telling me to not even carry tomorrow, to respond to someone questioning me. God only knows where the hell you can even stand with a firearm in Boston.

The Irony here is our God like Public servants telling the TAX paying plebes who paid for these parks what they can and can not do....ON PUBLIC PROPERTY!...either I'm going ****en nuts or these people are out of control or both.

Keep up the phone calls and emails. Even if you've you've already called and emailed. We need to overwhelm our governor, reps, and senators.

Of all the times in recent memory that we've needed to band together on a 2A issue, I'd say this is by far the most important.

Make a personal sacrifice and be at the rally tomorrow.

And call, call, call.

We also have to stop eating our own. From seeing the BS going in with people (including many NES members) harassing Carl at Four Seasons and this bull shit with blaming MFS.

Seriously, cut the damn shit.

The anti game is that of divide and conquer and we are pros already at being divided.

Cut the damn shit already

Agreed. But the least Carl can do for his business is to send one simple email about the event to his email list. I called him but nothing was done yet.

In reading her write up of this and applying the same logic to handguns as she does rifles (mag sticks out bottom,weight, threaded barrel etc. before) and now the fact that all handguns without said features share all similarities in the firing mechanism and have interchangeable parts...are semi auto handguns now considered assault weapons?

I would say that it does appear that way. Using her logic and reasoning of the bill. That's coming too. If only the supreme court had ruled that owning firearms was an individual right....

What fate is that? Can I buy a stun gun now that it's been found that they are protected? Of course not.
There is more work to be done here. The prosecution agreed to drop the Cateano case, which is a good outcome for that defendant but means additional litigation is needed to fold the SCOTUS decision in to MA law.

Gun owners declared felons by AG.

Gun owners then won't carry guns while protesting for gun rights, because they don't wan to "commit a crime".

Seriously, why bother?

Ask them what they would think if the AG came out UNILATERALLY and banned abortion...RETROACTIVELY!! And made criminals of ALL law-abiding women and all everyone that worked for Planned Parenthood over the past 20+ years!!!

I think someone could take the language and form of the AGs letters from Wednesday, reference the fact the the MA statute for homicide doesn't except abortion, and send enforcement notices to every planned parenthood in the state.

I think someone could take the language and form of the AGs letters from Wednesday, reference the fact the the MA statute for homicide doesn't except abortion, and send enforcement notices to every planned parenthood in the state.
That would be something lol Wonder how much uproar there would be if someone did that...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/103/hr4296/text

30-A listed the items that cannot be "copies or duplicates"
30-B defines what would be 'semiautomatic assault weapon' if it had the related features
I believe only (ii) would fit the products sold in MA.

‘(30) The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means--
‘ (A) any of the firearms, or copies or duplicates of the firearms, known as--
‘ (i) Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (all models);
‘ (ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil;
‘ (iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70);
‘ (iv) Colt AR-15;
‘ (v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC;
‘ (vi) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12;
(vii) Steyr AUG;
‘ (viii) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and
‘(ix) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12;
‘(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--
‘ (i) a folding or telescoping stock;
‘ (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
‘ (iii) a bayonet mount;
‘ (iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
‘ (v) a grenade launcher;

The "copies or dupicates" refers to the enumerated weapons. The feature test is independent of that.

Are you sure about that? If that were the case, wouldn't the correct word be "or" instead of "and"? Seems to me that if the legislators wanted to ban copies of Colt AR then it could have been written specifically. I interpret the "and" as that it must pass the first part of the definition referring to the features "and" in addition must pass the second part referring to specific names.

One of my reps replies to me: I think they meant interpretation instead of interuption though.

"It's good to hear from you.

Unfortunately as the case may be here, the Attorney General has the statutory authority to interrupt the laws of the commonwealth as they are written and determine how to apply them to the public at large. The language she is "interrupting" in this situation is extremely broad. The statute says:

''Assault weapon'', shall have the same meaning as a semiautomatic assault weapon as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(30) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994, and shall include, but not be limited to, any of the weapons, or copies or duplicates of the weapons,

Because of this broad language and interruption I am a bit worried that fixing this action will be neither quick nor easy, especially given the makeup of the legislature as it currently exists.

Please know that the republican caucus is meeting to discuss what we can do to stop this and try and come up with some solutions. In addition, we are meeting with GOAL's leadership after tomorrow's rally at the statehouse to try and figure out what is next. We are hoping to unveil some ideas soon.

Either way, this fight is likely to continue for a long time..."

So I guess this means that any AG can change their interpretation whenever they feel like it and probably as often as they feel like it.

Is it 30-A and 30-B or is it 30-A or 30-B?

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/103/hr4296/text

30-A listed the items that cannot be "copies or duplicates"
30-B defines what would be 'semiautomatic assault weapon' if it had the related features
I believe only (ii) would fit the products sold in MA.

‘(30) The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means--
‘ (A) any of the firearms, or copies or duplicates of the firearms, known as--
‘ (i) Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (all models);
‘ (ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil;
‘ (iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70);
‘ (iv) Colt AR-15;
‘ (v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC;
‘ (vi) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12;
(vii) Steyr AUG;
‘ (viii) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and
‘(ix) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12;
‘(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--
‘ (i) a folding or telescoping stock;
‘ (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
‘ (iii) a bayonet mount;
‘ (iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
‘ (v) a grenade launcher;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom