Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is probably the equivalent to pissing into the wind, but at least it made me feel a little better. Here is my response to the governor's office after they thanked me for yesterday's email.

Dear Governor Baker & Staff,

Thank you for acknowledging my original letter. Unfortunately I have seen your response to the AG's blatant over reach (both in the paper this morning and on the radio this afternoon), and I am NOT satisfied with the stance you have taken.
  • She is reinterpreting the established law in a a fashion that violates both the state and federal constitution.
  • She is over reaching the powers and responsibilities of her office.
  • Through her actions she is obviating the legislature, usurping their authority on the issue.
  • The existing law is clear and it's interpretation has been agreed upon by all parties for many years (since 1994 federally and since 1998 in MA). Her "revised" interpretation is in violation of 18 and 22 years of precedent.
  • She explicitly declared that all gun owners in the state are currently committing felonies, and that we are not being brought up on charges en-mass on the basis of her "prosecutorial discretion". She also mad a point of the fact that she reserves the right to change her stance on this fact (or any part of the directive for that matter) in the future.
I have been a law abiding citizen for all of my life, and I planed to continue doing so. However, if the meaning of the laws can change over night retroactively, with no warning, then it makes continuing on that path both far more difficult. If your government (and I hold you responsible not only because you are standing on the sidelines as this happens, but because as the governor you are the chief executive of the state, and the AGO falls under your executive branch of the government) continues to make it difficult for honest, well-intentioned citizens to play by the rules, then those same honest, well-intentioned voters and taxpayers will simply stop doing so.

I am asking you to seriously reconsider your response to the Attorney General's dangerous actions.

Sincerely,

[redacted]​

Awesome!

Excellent letter.

This is a concise, simplified version of our fine AG's take on firearm ownership in MA:

17ru95.jpg

Show up to the rally on Saturday folks!

I haven't looked yet. Has anyone called her out to her face (or in an email.)that she is a protected class. A fictional class.
That "class" is protected under words that were written a long ass time ago. No need to rewrite them 150 times to say YOU wrote them.

Yet those of us who prefer and attempt to adhere to these words are now the marginalized ones? What happens when it comes full circle on these pricks?

Stockade, tar, feather? Accountability with actual consequences? Do we send Sam Jackson in to give the Ezekiel 25:17 speech?

I know speaking logic to a liberal is like teaching my daschound geometry.

Yes I'm back in Mass. Drunk and still pissed off. [laugh]
Pissed cause I couldn't buy toys and send them home this year. [rofl]

Fixed it for ya (just few small typos) :

Dear Governor Baker & Staff,

Thank you for acknowledging my original letter. Unfortunately I have seen your response to the AG's blatant over reach (both in the paper this morning and on the radio this afternoon), and I am NOT satisfied with the stance you have taken.

· She is reinterpreting the established law in a fashion that violates both the state and federal constitution.
· She is over reaching the powers and responsibilities of her office.
· Through her actions she is obviating the legislature, usurping their authority on the issue.
· The existing law is clear and it's interpretation has been agreed upon by all parties for many years (since 1994 federally and since 1998 in MA). Her "revised" interpretation is in violation of 18 and 22 years of precedent.
· She explicitly declared that all gun owners in the state are currently committing felonies, and that we are not being brought up on charges en-mass on the basis of her "prosecutorial discretion". She also made a point of the fact that she reserves the right to change her stance on this fact (or any part of the directive for that matter) in the future.

I have been a law abiding citizen for all of my life, and I planned to continue doing so. However, if the meaning of the laws can change overnight retroactively, with no warning, then it makes continuing on that path both far more difficult. If your government (and I hold you responsible not only because you are standing on the sidelines as this happens, but because as the governor you are the chief executive of the state, and the AGO falls under your executive branch of the government) continues to make it difficult for honest, well-intentioned citizens to play by the rules, then those same honest, well-intentioned voters and taxpayers will simply stop doing so.

I am asking you to seriously reconsider your response to the Attorney General's dangerous actions.

Sincerely,

[redacted]

I had a long talk with my wife over this. If this is left unanswered it's going to affect people in different ways aside from our ability to enjoy our lifestyle. Be at a hobby ,sport or any other way you want to view it. We don't want to be in a state that doesn't protect our rights. I know healey referred to it as her state. it's not her state. It's all of ours. she works for the people, for us but yet she's making decisions off of what she wants not the rest of us. Twisting words to suit her agenda . When we moved back here we jumped through hoops to renew our license that we had for years elsewhere and didn't complain at all. I just kept thinking how difficult they were making this for us and I knew it was going to get worse. At this point if this is isnt overturned my wife and I are moving out of the state and in turn this states going to lose a wonderful doctor when she resigns. I would imagine there's a lot of other people that are going to do the same. Not because they won't allow us to have a rifle but because this is just going to be the beginning of it and if it isnt put in check now it's going to get so much worse. and we're not going to be here when it happens . This is going to close businesses, cause those owners to shut down and have to find other income sources. Manufacturers to cut sales. Just all around a mess that spreads out. Ironically she caused people that wouldn't have purchased firearms to do so out of fear of loosing their ability to own one if they waited. What times we live in.i pray for my sons sake things change fo the better.

This is the kind of thing that you should publicize widely. And excellent post BTW.

IMHO the major problem here is that we have an AG that just arbitrarily and RETROACTIVELY decided to change the meaning of a well understood law.

As I put in an earlier post - the MA AWB was based on the original Federal AWB that started in 1994. As far as I can remember - the MA law is pretty much verbatim from the original Federal one.

So when that Federal law was in effect - there were literally MILLIONS of people who understood it, there were numerous FEDERAL agencies that understood what it meant, and there were various law enforcement and other governmental agencies and functionaries across all 50 states that understood what it meant.

When the Federal law got repealed - MA basically said " We're keeping that law in effect".

So it's been 22 years since the original law went into effect - and now Maura Healey comes along and says that EVERYBODY who came prior to her has misinterpreted the law - AND - (this is the part the should get us a revolution if we had the balls to do it) - everybody who previously complied with the law as understood by those millions of people and numerous government agencies at ALL levels - IS NOW A FELON AND HAS BEEN.

If this does not get fixed - we are in a world of shit. And I'm not even talking about the gun thing.

You're not. Her interpretation is just plain contradictory to the whole concept. She's drunk on her own power.

Thanks - and thanks to all the other responses to that post too.

So here is the point I am trying to make: For 22 years the AWB was understood by MILLIONS of people (probably more like tens of millions). It was also understood by numerous governmental agencies and AG's at both the Federal and state level. The key thing IMHO is that the BATF fully understood what the AWB was and what it's wording was. And (IMHO) - you can rest assured that if "illegal" assault weapons were being manufactured as 'duplicates' (as Healey asserts) - the BATF would have been going after them with a vengeance.

So now Maura knows more than 22 years of precedent and all those tens of millions of people - AND all those other government agencies - AND (just for effect) - all the legislators who wrote the original damn law?

Seriously - I would take this info and shove it down the throat of any and all politicians that we run across. Charlie Baker needs to get told in no uncertain terms he's done for in the next election if he doesn't pop his head out of his butt.

This isn't even a "gun" problem - this is a tyranny problem - and if it's not stopped here it's going to spread thru precedent.

Civil Disobedience fellas - study the 60's guys.

Blocking highways pisses off normal people - finding loose shells pisses off the people at the top. The have to pay the bills and manage time.

Another person who gets it. Now try to get the point across to the nitwits.

The most simple and logical and political expedient thing to do

is for the legislature to SUNSET THE whole a.s.b and fall in line with the majority of the states ,and not make gun owning taxpayers criminals .

now that the cat is out of he bag , and all know that the rifle is just a semi auto no mater how much junk you hang on it,

and there has has been virtually No crimes committed in Ma with the thousands of Ar type rifles in the past 20 years,

the AGO is creating a solution when there is no problem.

So here is the point I am trying to make: For 22 years the AWB was understood by MILLIONS of people (probably more like tens of millions). It was also understood by numerous governmental agencies and AG's at both the Federal and state level. The key thing IMHO is that the BATF fully understood what the AWB was and what it's wording was. And (IMHO) - you can rest assured that if "illegal" assault weapons were being manufactured as 'duplicates' (as Healey asserts) - the BATF would have been going after them with a vengeance.

So now Maura knows more than 22 years of precedent and all those tens of millions of people - AND all those other government agencies - AND (just for effect) - all the legislators who wrote the original damn law?

Seriously - I would take this info and shove it down the throat of any and all politicians that we run across. Charlie Baker needs to get told in no uncertain terms he's done for in the next election if he doesn't pop his head out of his butt.

This isn't even a "gun" problem - this is a tyranny problem - and if it's not stopped here it's going to spread thru precedent.

Exactly. Now what's to stop ANY AG ANYWHERE from "re-interpreting" any law to retroactively make people criminals. If she can do it, then anyone who holds that position can do it with any law, any time they feel like it.

Think about the kind of doors that open because of that.

This goes beyond a 2A issue and becomes a freedom issue.

this is what we call "bold leadership" in moonbat terms. She is trying to get some attention from Hitlery, by tripping balls.

Now if this was an AG abolishing gun regulation, there would be an uproar from moonbat crowd, but more moonbat tyranny is always ok.

Moar needs to be ridiculed and made a poster-witch politically. Anyone who associates with that moonbat needs to be taken apart, that includes the nice cop and the other little-coffin dancers. That dude's kid was killed in some shooting, now he is serving his masters trying to take freedom away from other people. **** that grieving piece of shit about his lean wallet and coffin dancers from Newtown. They all need to be outed and made example of.

This this this this. If this stands that's the next step. And thanks to the FA10 they already know where all of them are.

So now seems the appropriate time to remind people of the following:

That is a two way highway. Yes - they know you bought a rifle. But they don't know where it is. The thing with bureacracies is that they live and die on paperwork and lack of critical thinking skills.

So if the day comes when they demand that everything get turned in - DON'T DO IT. They may well come looking for them after that. Make sure all your guns are GONE.

You may go to jail. A bunch of us may go to jail. If you're not willing to risk that - well then:

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
― Samuel Adams

With the guns gone - their bureaucratic mindset will force them to go apeshit looking for them. This is that Alinsky stuff I referred to earlier in the thread. I've mentioned it here numerous times - maybe it will sink in now that shit is getting real.

The guns are a bargaining chip. They are a way of fu(king with the system - even if you don't use them to shoot people. They will WANT those guns. Don't give them up without a fight. Make them disappear. Use the FA-10 system against them and their bureaucracy.

"If this be treason, make the most of it!”
― Patrick Henry

emailed my state reps. Probably not as well worded as some of the ones I've read here, but I made my opinion clear that what's happening here is unacceptable and as a voter and tax payer I will not tolerate it. And if she decides to prosecute and it comes to turn them in. I don't know what I'll do. But turning them in is not an option

Exactly. Now what's to stop ANY AG ANYWHERE from "re-interpreting" any law to retroactively make people criminals. If she can do it, then anyone who holds that position can do it with any law, any time they feel like it.

Think about the kind of doors that open because of that.

This goes beyond a 2A issue and becomes a freedom issue.

EXACTLY.

IMHO - that is the angle we should go with. It will appeal to a wider audience. If this is not beaten down it will set precedent and others will pile on. And it won't necessarily be about guns the next time around.

I think it's winnable. Justice Scalia said it's unconstitutional to ban guns in common use. But we all suffer until it gets it's day in court.

Really depends on the judge and whether they're activist or not. The "common usage" argument has been used before and has been unsuccessful many times.

+1. Ill shut down 290 with all of you and I sure as hell will not be burning an American flag!
The police only tolerate protesters shutting down roads when it's an approve protest. I remember back in 1980, police were deployed to make sure motorists did not interfere with protesters objecting to prop 2 1/2.

+1. Ill shut down 290 with all of you and I sure as hell will not be burning an American flag!

Will you fly the flag in the appropriate manner to indicate extreme distress as denoted in the flag code?

[FONT=&amp]THE UNITED STATES FLAG CODE[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Title 4, Chapter 1[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]§ 8(a)The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

Disagree if you like, but this is, in my opinion, times of dire distress or extreme danger to our property, let alone our rights.[/FONT]

Will you fly the flag in the appropriate manner to indicate extreme distress as denoted in the flag code?

[FONT=&amp]THE UNITED STATES FLAG CODE[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Title 4, Chapter 1[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]§ 8(a)The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

Disagree if you like, but this is, in my opinion, times of dire distress or extreme danger to our property, let alone our rights.[/FONT]

I was thinking a lot about this today. I have never served in the military but I take display of the flag very seriously. What is the common thinking about displaying the flag upside in situations like this? I don't want to be disrespectful of the flag so I left it flying normal today, but i went back and forth about this for hours. Also there was talk about bearing arms at the protest on Saturday and it was mostly shunned. What about just having slung lowers on our backs as we protest? If we leave the uppers at home and just have the receivers on single point slings that should be a powerful symbol without being threatening? Just a thought. I am really interested to hear what everyone's take on the distress flag is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom