• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should clean house and go for the gusto. The FBI crime stats even mention that MA has had no rifle-involved murders - what does that say? This is the time to go for legislation repeal unless there is good reason to keep it as is and only demand a bread crumb versus the entire pie.

We're the good guys and we've followed a bs law to the "T", paying shops to make our rifles compliant, removing stocks, etc for a law that even the top enforcer says is useless?!? Let's call to get rid of the damn AWB completely.

Of course I agree with pushing to repeal the AWB.

Just be cautious basing any arguments based on statistics that say "rifles haven't hurt anyone". If we start hinging our 2A rights on some innocuous statistic, we are doomed. Stats or no stats, the rights exist and they aren't to be infringed. End of story.

In general I don't think the AWB is going anywhere unless all the FFL's in this state refuse to transfer anything to LE. then maybe. just maybe. but odds that would happen are near zero because there's always an FFL willing to cave for $300.

ahhh...unless you are into guns and frequent gun forums, well then yes, the average housewife or average anyone for that matter has no knowledge of this stuff and honestly, really doesn't care. unless of course it's presented to them in black and white on prime time.

Bottom line,. Hide if you like. Blaming a gun shop or anyone for that matter for simply explaining a law as its written is not their fault. We are not hiding behind "loopholes" we obeyed the law as THEY wrote it.

ItIshoukd explained in black and white, because the laws are stupid. Again, wtf are you finding from?

Edit: please, if you are going to cower and be fearful of mentioning out loud laws as they are written, please take your guns and give them to someone else that might not have thier face buried in their hands in fear when things really matter

Last edited:
From what I can tell, her argument is that any MA compliant AR15 CAN be "readily converted" to an assault weapon (this would involve pushing two takedown pins, and swapping out the upper)--and therefore it IS an "assault weapon".

I have to strongly disagree .
re building the rifle by installing a non compliant flash hider barrelled upper or a full auto lower is NOT

"readily converted." And its illegal. Don't mfs me bro.

Thanks, n1oty.

I think we should clean house and go for the gusto. The FBI crime stats even mention that MA has had no rifle-involved murders - what does that say? This is the time to go for legislation repeal unless there is good reason to keep it as is and only demand a bread crumb versus the entire pie.

We're the good guys and we've followed a bs law to the "T", paying shops to make our rifles compliant, removing stocks, etc for a law that even the top enforcer says is useless?!? Let's call to get rid of the damn AWB completely.

While I would love for the AWB to be repealed, I don't see that happening. They can just as easily point to the stats and say "See. Our gun laws work. We banned assault weapons and there have been no murders in MA with an assault weapon since."

We need more than just those FBI stats on MA to win that battle. I think the best we can hope for is to revert back to the accepted definition everyone operated under for the past 22/18 years.

Of course I agree with pushing to repeal the AWB.

Just be cautious basing any arguments based on statistics that say "rifles haven't hurt anyone". If we start hinging our 2A rights on some innocuous statistic, we are doomed. Stats or no stats, the rights exist and they aren't to be infringed. End of story.

In general I don't think the AWB is going anywhere unless all the FFL's in this state refuse to transfer anything to LE. then maybe. just maybe. but odds that would happen are near zero because there's always an FFL willing to cave for $300.

Both are excellent points.

The AG could also ban house cats on the basis that they're nothing more than copies or replicas of prohibited larger exotic cats sharing the same features.

She should ban herself as a copy or replica of the more dangerous Hillary Clinton.

The AG could also ban house cats on the basis that they're nothing more than copies or replicas of prohibited larger exotic cats sharing the same features.

that's a good analogy, may be we can ban cAunt Healy on the grounds that she is sufficiently similar to all other tyrants

We could use some signs that hit them right back Saturday.
the solons and the gov. Are living in the proverbial glass house. Bring a proverbial rock.

how bout:

close the ebt loophole.

no driver license for illegals .( illegal Aliens driving have caused more deaths than ar 15s)
any others?

While I would love for the AWB to be repealed, I don't see that happening. They can just as easily point to the stats and say "See. Our gun laws work. We banned assault weapons and there have been no murders in MA with an assault weapon since."

That is exactly what Healy, an ADA and two COP said during the press conference - "Mass has strong gun laws and they work since we have one of the lowest murder by gun rates - this will further strengthen our gun laws and make Mass a safer place"

That would make an awesome sign for tomorrow!

the solons and the gov. Are living in the proverbial glass house. Bring a proverbial rock.

how bout:

close the ebt loophole.

no driver license for illegals .( illegal Aliens driving have caused more deaths than ar 15s)
any others?

I would advise not. Don't dilute. Need a unified message. There can be different themes to it, but we need to all look like, and be, on the same page.

That is exactly what Healy, an ADA and two COP said during the press conference - "Mass has strong gun laws and they work since we have one of the lowest murder by gun rates - this will further strengthen our gun laws and make Mass a safer place"

Ya ,but the states pressure cooker Laws are severely lacking 200+ victims in one attack.
in France one truck killed 60+ in one attack.

where is the ban on illegals getting driver licenses?

or Muslims buying pressure cookers?

how bout:

close the ebt loophole.

any others?

Illegals and criminals are revered in this state and considered national treasures of the Dem party. In their eyes, gun owners are worse than level 3 sex offenders.

Try again.

I have a headache. For two days I've felt like I've lost a loved one. Now, I'm just pissed off and am trying to figure out how to deal with it. See you tomorrow.

I would advise not. Don't dilute. Need a unified message. There can be different themes to it, but we need to all look like, and be, on the same page.

I remember at at the last rally someone had a sign "ebt reform" that got a lot of attention .
and opened up a large headache for deval Patrick. Ebt fraud was spotlighted shortly after.

Response to an email I sent to Angelo Puppolo, Rep. 12th Hampden District

Thanks for contacting me. As your State Representative, I appreciate your input. I have made note of your concerns and opposition relative to the new gun regulation that the Attorney General announced yesterday. This has come as a surprise to me and many of us.

As you know, the Attorney General's office has changed the interpretation of an 18 year old law relative to assault rifles My office had not been provided any information, and I will be reaching out to the AG for clarification on many aspects of her position.

In my opinion a change so sweeping should not have been done without proper communication, public hearings and possibly legislative action.

I urge you to contact their office as well if you have any questions or concerns.

I like to say it would be like a conservative AG deciding that abortion is murder (and always has been) and sending out letters to all medical facilities in his state saying such, but adding that he dosnt see any need to prosecute past murders for their crimes right now, but he may want to later... and then sit back and watch libs try to tell you how that's different. ..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That is the angle right there, even for Democrat legislators in this state. Do they want the AG to set that precedent here for another AG to use on the (imaginary, but leave that part out) War Again't Women in amother state where a conservative AG is elected?

On top of usurping the power of the legislature and reinterpreting state and a previous federal law to be enforced in a new way.

- - - Updated - - -

That is the angle right there, even for Democrat legislators in this state. Do they want the AG to set that precedent here for another AG to use on the (imaginary, but leave that part out) War Again't Women in amother state where a conservative AG is elected?

On top of usurping the power of the legislature and reinterpreting state and a previous federal law to be enforced in a new way.

ETA: As othe have said, this is about tyranny, not guns.

how bout:

close the ebt loophole.

any others?

Yeah, why hold back? Why should we play nice and logical when they don't?

One thought: Who has ultimate authority over police in Massachusetts? Nobody, or is there a central position other than queen Mauron? The AG has to do with prosecution, but is there another person who could nullify her BS by stating no cop will be allowed to enforce it? I know, dumb thought but just crossed my simple mind.

Speaking of simple minds, I really want to kick in the nut sack those who post before they think regarding such topics such as how they might find some continued loophole to sell their AR or lower at gouging prices, or OMG the ban will make you a felon if you posess a (insert semi-auto pistol starting with 'G'). To these folks I say "Knock it off, and go back to your usual contributions of only posting 'in' on karmas!".

See you guys on Saturday morning.

Will you fly the flag in the appropriate manner to indicate extreme distress as denoted in the flag code?

[FONT=&amp]THE UNITED STATES FLAG CODE[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Title 4, Chapter 1[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]§ 8(a)The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

Disagree if you like, but this is, in my opinion, times of dire distress or extreme danger to our property, let alone our rights.[/FONT]

Being honest, flying the flag Union down may be appropriate as these are times of great distress.

As it was discussed earlier in this thread, Healey's actions reach far beyond firearm rights. They set a dangerous precedent that opens doors to make people criminals retroactively, for things that are supposedly protected by the Bill of Rights. If she can do that then what's to stop her from going after 1A, 4A, 8A, etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom