Healey Claims She Gave Fair Notice on New Interpretations

The government has no authority to take away our rights. I'll be damned the day I let some godless deviant dictate my rights to me.

I agree. However, some people are already getting ready to jump ship.

from GOAL's email on 9/29:

Many people have contacted GOAL asking if they should get rid of any guns that might meet the AG’s new definitions.

The government has no authority to take away our rights. I'll be damned the day I let some godless deviant dictate my rights to me.

Hate to break it to you...but that's exactly what's being done. And if Hitlary is elected it will be a full blown gun ban. You won't recognize this Country in 4 years.

Advance notice? LOL, ok Maura, whatever you say. The day AFTER enforcement begins is NOT advance notice. IF you can't figure out a concept as simple as that, then get the **** out of office.

If I had to take a guess, I believe there was some letters sent to mass FFL's that we assume had to do with glock sales ( I.e. you know what guns you are supposed to seek and not sell) my guess is this was our "warning"

It really doesn't matter if it was a year notice or one day notice, it's still unconstitutional. It's also not within your power/office to do so.

A buddy of mine went to a LGS today and they had loads of preban aks and ars for sale. I was under the impression that all these were banned under mauras interpretation. His buddy got a preban ak for some insane price like 1900$ And thinks he's safe because it's preban. Have they clarified what's legal to buy yet?

A buddy of mine went to a LGS today and they had loads of preban aks and ars for sale. I was under the impression that all these were banned under mauras interpretation. His buddy got a preban ak for some insane price like 1900$ And thinks he's safe because it's preban. Have they clarified what's legal to buy yet?

Wording of the original AWB specifically exempts firearms by date. If the date is on or before the wording of the national law, which ours copies exactly, they're fine. Failure of a FFL to sell a pre-original ban firearm is nothing less than risk mitigation and has nothing to with legalities.

It's always been 100% clear even with the AG's reinterpretation that pre-1994-ban AWs are legal. Her reinterpretation only applied to guns that were sold between 1994 and 7/20/2016 that were sold without flash hiders, bayonet lugs, collapsible stocks, etc with the understanding that this made them legal under the AWB. She's now saying that everyone in MA who owns one of those guns is in possession of an illegal assault weapon.

Amusingly, this also means that according to Healey, everyone who bought one of those guns nationwide between 1994 and 2004 was also a criminal.

Amusingly, this also means that according to Healey, everyone who bought one of those guns nationwide between 1994 and 2004 was also a criminal.

If Hillary wins and US AG Healey happens, that won't be an amusing musing anymore.

If Hillary wins and US AG Healey happens, that won't be an amusing musing anymore.

Doesn't really matter for the rest of the country since the federal AWB expired over a decade ago. If we get to the point where a new federal AWB is passed, we have bigger problems than whoever the AG is.

The Democratic movement towards gun restriction/prohibition is unmistakable to any semi-intelligent person. If you are still voting Democrat go eff yourself.

And can you believe these liars keep saying "Nobody wants to take your guns away".

This is what we're dealing with (note the "bayonet mount")... [rofl]

1Ne0yPD.jpg

It really doesn't matter if it was a year notice or one day notice, it's still unconstitutional. It's also not within your power/office to do so.

^correct!

By mauras interpretation from the day this AWB law went into affect everyone was breaking it even the AG at the time up to now was not enforcing it.Thus letting the people,and the stores break the law,so does that not make her an accessory to the fact.All these years letting people, stores become felons,and not doing anything about it.

Read the article and now I need a drink.

What gets me is the last line. [FONT=&quot]“The good news is sales of these assault weapons have stopped in the state,” Ms. Healey said.[/FONT]

I wonder what would have happened to a gun shop who just kept doing what they were doing, and advertised as such. It is too bad that I don't have bottomless pockets and don't have an FFL, because I would take a flier just for kicks and giggles to see what she would or could have done.

The country is finished, one way or another. Trump, Hillary, whatever. Our people are so ignorant, so uneducated, so subject to propaganda and so in need of a totalitarian despot, I just don't think there is any hope. Public school, under another thread Sky Soldier started. They're a failure, and they get worse every year and have been getting worse year over year since WW2.

Excellent point. If the federal court sides with Healey, then the AGs of other states can retroactively go after all those sales as well.

Back
Top Bottom