• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hawaii becomes first state to put gun owners in database

http://www.staradvertiser.com/break...es-first-state-to-put-gun-owners-in-database/

Gov. David Ige is signing a bill that makes the state the first to enter gun owners into an FBI database that will automatically notify police if an island resident is arrested anywhere else in the country.

Ige said in a statement today the legislation is about community safety and responsible gun ownership. He says it will help law enforcement agencies protect Hawaii residents and visitors.

so now because of this they will remove all licensing procedures and any other infringements on the second amendment? Oh wait....what was I thinking.....

Registration of firearms

Registering firearms and placing them in the FBI database is all about community safety and responsible gun ownership, says the Governor of Hawaii. So by extension, vehicle registration shows safe and responsible auto ownership, right? If registering autos make it safer and drivers more responsible, wouldn't there be much fewer accidents and drunk driving incidents? Simply another step by liberals towards the elimination of privately owned firearms and eventual confiscation. With SCOTUS leaning further and further left, especially with Scalia gone, and with the possibility of Hillary choosing the next judge, we're one step closer to the possibility of the end of private ownership of firearms.

Registering firearms and placing them in the FBI database is all about community safety and responsible gun ownership, says the Governor of Hawaii. So by extension, vehicle registration shows safe and responsible auto ownership, right? If registering autos make it safer and drivers more responsible, wouldn't there be much fewer accidents and drunk driving incidents? Simply another step by liberals towards the elimination of privately owned firearms and eventual confiscation. With SCOTUS leaning further and further left, especially with Scalia gone, and with the possibility of Hillary choosing the next judge, we're one step closer to the possibility of the end of private ownership of firearms.

Since drunk driving kills far more people than gunshot wounds why don't we just make law enforcement aware every time a person who has a drivers license buys alcohol. In fact why don't we require a NICS check to buy alcohol (sarcasm).

What's the point? If the arrest and conviction makes the person federally ineligible, they'll no longer pass a NICS check and they won't be able to renew any permits.

Well there is one way to circumvent that scenario deputies every single gun owner in the Country... ( I know far fetched ) Besides it will come hell or high water before any kind of end of private gun ownership comes to light. People are building firearms that these people don't even know exist...think 3D uppers and lowers it truly is a losing battle similar to or equal to the war on drugs.

What's the point? If the arrest and conviction makes the person federally ineligible, they'll no longer pass a NICS check and they won't be able to renew any permits.

The Hawaii system is permit to purchase, not permit to possess. Lots of people buy a couple of guns and then never buy another one. You just don't see them posting on a forum like this one ;)

Sounds like Massachusetts Criminal System History Board where every FA-10 and EFA-10 goes to.

I never could understand why we sent them to that address, I guess they figured when they outlawed them they wouldn't have to change the name.

I love this concept of anti gunners. What possible use is this other then confiscation? Unless someone commits a crime with a legally owned firearm THEN LEAVES THAT GUN AT A CRIME SCENE there is no possible way that tying a serial number of a firearm to an individual has any effect on crime.

LOL. The reason for having this database is for confiscation purposes only. All of this crap about public safety is just that...crap!

hrmm some how I thought there was a document to protect civilians from th government. I forget what it's called.
It's complete BS so they can monitor its citizens most likely to include any digital data (social media text messages) without warrant and just remove the firearms and deem the people unfit to own guns on the spot. That's my own interpretation of this but it doesn't seem to limit what they can do. Although I haven't read the whole law. Sort of upsets me.

I'd like to see a bill trading Hawaii to Canada for a 100 mile wide strip of land on the west coast from the coast in and north to connect Alaska to the Washington border, also the Canadians first draft pick to the Bruins for 5 years.

deal? Make America great again.

REGISTRATION LEADS TO CONFISCATION. just look at Australia, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand, and Britain. Thats the short, easy list.
How did Hitler initially disarm his opponents? firearm registration
In the US, different registration programs have led to confiscation as well. Chicago with long guns, CA with SKS.......

Last edited:
Since drunk driving kills far more people than gunshot wounds why don't we just make law enforcement aware every time a person who has a drivers license buys alcohol. In fact why don't we require a NICS check to buy alcohol (sarcasm).

Makes sense to me. If everyone ever convicted of OUI couldn't buy alcohol, maybe there would be fewer OUI accidents and deaths.

Makes sense to me. If everyone ever convicted of OUI couldn't buy alcohol, maybe there would be fewer OUI accidents and deaths.

Do you realize how many people have been killed by electrocution? Outlets and plugs should be registered with the government. If we save one child's life, it will be worth it.

The point is, if you get arrested, this will trigger an alert. They will then go and relieve you of your firearms since you are now a 'criminal', or in a 'best case' they track your court appearances until conviction. Notice it isn't based off a conviction, but an arrest. You can be arrested for damn near anything, technically speaking. Normally, your state will not know if you were arrested in another state as far as I know.

So it's not about stopping a purchase.

So, the pimple in the Pacific is going to try to create an "accurate" list of gun owners in the state? Good luck with that. The maintenance of a database like that where you have such a fluid movement of hardware day in and day out that it'll be inaccurate the day after it's finished. Plus, do you think that that state, or any state for that matter, can afford the resources to maintain an accurate list? Of course not. Oh......how do they expect to get those gang-bangers and drug dealers on that list? Think they'll participate? If so it's hard to register firearms that are stolen or don't have a serial number still etched on theme. So, there's nothing new here; the innocent will be inconvenienced just like always while the bad guys ignore the laws and go on their merry way. Dumbasses.

Back
Top Bottom