Having trouble purchasing a used handgun from a national retailer.

Why would you even bother? If you can't get that gun, you can probably get a similar gun here locally. I wouldn't bother, unless it is one of those rare once in a lifetime opportunities that will never come up again. Like a Flobert parlor rifle. Then I could understand!
As a collector, I can sympathize with the nationwide search for a particular highly-desired collector handgun that is not usually found in any local gun shop or in the classifieds or for sale or trade by any other local private party. Been there, done that. It can be extremely frustrating.

But then I re-read...

The handgun is Massachusetts compliant.
WTF??? :oops: The gun in question is on the Maura & Andrea Approved Roster??? :oops:

Now I'm surprised as heck and wondering why Washington state for a gun easily found here? 🤔 Must be one Hell of a great deal out there to make it worthwhile [laugh]

Hell, Cabela's won't even sell used handguns out of it's own stores in MA. That's how afraid of Maura & Andrea they are. o_O
I needed some 12 gauge, #8 trap loads for a trap class. Cabellas online had them, but they would not sell to a Mass resident. When I pointed out that their store in Mass sold that very item, they told me that mail order was different. I then suggested that they ship the shells to the Mass store, and have them sell them to me. Nope. Illegal. I then called the store, and asked them to order them in. Nope on that too. Ammo orders were verboten as ammo was in short supply.

I drove up to Bass Pro in NH, and bought them there.

Insanity.

I have found a used handgun I would like to purchase at Cablea's in Washington. The handgun is Massachusetts compliant. They are refusing to sell it to me because of our trigger pull standards. If the gun was new it would be a different story. I have found that on the Enforcement Notice: Attorney General's Handgun Safety Regulations that "Before a handgun-purveyor can transfer new (and certain used) handguns in Massachusetts, the consumer protection regulations must be satisfied. Does anyone know what handguns are the "(and certain used) ones refers to?
Stop giving them your money.

I needed some 12 gauge, #8 trap loads for a trap class. Cabellas online had them, but they would not sell to a Mass resident. When I pointed out that their store in Mass sold that very item, they told me that mail order was different. I then suggested that they ship the shells to the Mass store, and have them sell them to me. Nope. Illegal. I then called the store, and asked them to order them in. Nope on that too. Ammo orders were verboten as ammo was in short supply.

I drove up to Bass Pro in NH, and bought them there.

Insanity.
Which should be BANNED! Even with a non-res LTC, places in MA won't/can't sell ammo to us from NH. So, stop being an illegal border-crosser and stealing OUR ammo! Surely I'm only half serious...and don't call me Shirley.

Back
Top Bottom