Having trouble purchasing a used handgun from a national retailer.

I have found a used handgun I would like to purchase at Cablea's in Washington. The handgun is Massachusetts compliant. They are refusing to sell it to me because of our trigger pull standards. If the gun was new it would be a different story. I have found that on the Enforcement Notice: Attorney General's Handgun Safety Regulations that "Before a handgun-purveyor can transfer new (and certain used) handguns in Massachusetts, the consumer protection regulations must be satisfied. Does anyone know what handguns are the "(and certain used) ones refers to?

you are wasting your time, once a retailer/FFL has it in their head they will not ship to MA, nothing you can do is going to change their mind.

Many here have spent countless hours providing documentation that activity X is allowed in MA only to have a out of state seller refuse to change their minds.

There are some places that won't send so much as a screw, spring, or tee shirt to MA

There are some places that won't send so much as a screw, spring, or tee shirt to MA
I once wanted to purchase 6 laser cartridges for revolver dry fire practice from Sportsman's Warehouse or Sportsman’s Guide, don’t remember which at this point. I don't know if anything's changed...because I wrote the place off entirely.

Last edited:
I have found a used handgun I would like to purchase at Cablea's in Washington. The handgun is Massachusetts compliant. They are refusing to sell it to me because of our trigger pull standards. If the gun was new it would be a different story. I have found that on the Enforcement Notice: Attorney General's Handgun Safety Regulations that "Before a handgun-purveyor can transfer new (and certain used) handguns in Massachusetts, the consumer protection regulations must be satisfied. Does anyone know what handguns are the "(and certain used) ones refers to?
Come back to MA and give your money to a dealer or user on here in the classifieds who deserves it. Cabela's isn't terrible, but at somepoint they'll go the way of Dicks and cuck out.

you are wasting your time, once a retailer/FFL has it in their head they will not ship to MA, nothing you can do is going to change their mind.

Many here have spent countless hours providing documentation that activity X is allowed in MA only to have a out of state seller refuse to change their minds.

This

You're wasting your time trying to get a box store to understand MA garbage. Buy local and stop worrying about that crap.

So, I don't know if there's an actual trigger law, or CMR or whatever here, or if there ever has been. And for all except one instance I would call bullshit on it. But as usual, police seem to inform lawmakers... The only person I've ever seen become unsafe with a low trigger weight. My dad. He was a cop, carried an M&P45 with a legit 15 pound trigger pull. He shot my M&P 45 with maybe a 3 pound trigger, which at the time was my competition and carry gun. You would've thought someone handed him a machine gun. He immediately looked over and said "what's wrong with it?".

Are you a ChatBot?

Wonder if they’d ship it to a NH dealer and then have the dealer ship to MA?
Extra work and transfers. I’d only do this if it was some rare oddball gun that you can’t just buy anywhere.

What gun is it anyway?

I’ve bought many used guns, after fondling them. I do t think I’d buy a used gun from halfway across the world without fondling it first….unless it was ultra rare and a super good deal….

Extra work and transfers. I’d only do this if it was some rare oddball gun that you can’t just buy anywhere.

What gun is it anyway?
Seriously...

What gun are we talking about here, OP?

What gun is it anyway?
OMFG.....NO.

Find a new dealer that local and not stupid....

Don't ever buy at Cabelas is another lifetime tip. The fxcking place is retarded when it comes to gun sales/paperwork/lawyer and legal pantshitting.

So, I don't know if there's an actual trigger law, or CMR or whatever here, or if there ever has been. And for all except one instance I would call bullshit on it. But as usual, police seem to inform lawmakers... The only person I've ever seen become unsafe with a low trigger weight. My dad. He was a cop, carried an M&P45 with a legit 15 pound trigger pull. He shot my M&P 45 with maybe a 3 pound trigger, which at the time was my competition and carry gun. You would've thought someone handed him a machine gun. He immediately looked over and said "what's wrong with it?".
Considering maybe S&W and maybe Ruger follows the trigger pull bullshit and most other companies don't and both dos and don'ts have MA compliant guns. Id say.....no one cares except the AG uses it to hate on Glocks.

Care to share what gun you were looking to buy or did I just miss it? Chances are pretty good someone on here has one.

I once wanted to purchase 6 laser cartridges for revolver dry fire practice from Sportsman's Warehouse. I don't know if anything's changed...because I wrote the place off entirely.

Warehouse or Guide? Because Sportsman's Guide, while being grossly overpriced and underqualitied in many areas, won't ship a pair of socks to mASS because you might put it over your hand and make a gun shape and scare someone and they could get sued.

Why would you even bother? If you can't get that gun, you can probably get a similar gun here locally. I wouldn't bother, unless it is one of those rare once in a lifetime opportunities that will never come up again. Like a Florbert parlor rifle. Then I could understand!

Back
Top Bottom