Having a hard time finding target 9mm... Any suggestions?

You are welcome, and until you get at least one negative rep - you know you haven't been broken in yet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I figured I will get one someday. I just try and speak on forums to folks the same as I would if they were sitting next to me.

Now pi$$ off [rofl]

I figured I will get one someday. I just try and speak on forums to folks the same as I would if they were sitting next to me.

Now pi$$ off [rofl]

if you end up in a jam i could get you some but im down cape. there is never a reason to not shoot. with all the fine people on this board you can find most things needed.

if you end up in a jam i could get you some but im down cape. there is never a reason to not shoot. with all the fine people on this board you can find most things needed.

Thank you very much for the offer.

Right now if I want to shoot I have to either take or meet someone over at my club to shoot at the pistol range. It is just not wheelchair friendly.

Thank you very much for the offer.

Right now if I want to shoot I have to either take or meet someone over at my club to shoot at the pistol range. It is just not wheelchair friendly.

there are many places that are changing to be wheelchair friendly. i take a friend of mine sometimes and he needs the access as well. it is tough but getting better. i bet concealed carry is way better in a chair. i would pack a friggin mosin.[smile]

we are here to help the new guys and some will nit pick but most are great on here. pm me anytime.

Hi All, I am fairly new to guns. I'm currently waiting for my LTC... Its only been 3 weeks but the sgt was awesome and said 4 weeks. My girlfriend has hers and joined MFS about a month ago so we could try all the different guns and decide what we liked.

When we would go to MFS they would have Federal or Winchester 9mm 115 FMJ 50 round boxes that we would buy. It wasn't cheap but we were able to shoot. Then we went to the local Wal-Mart in Hudson MA and bought 200 rounds of the Winchester 115 fmj it was reasonable and we thought it was great we could just go there and pick it up on the way to the range.

The last 2 weeks we cant find any. Have tried 3 Walmarts and dicks and no one has it in stock. Tried the local gun store and had some but it was expensive even for 115 fmj 9mm 50 rounds. MFS hasnt had any the last 2 weeks just 124 grain or hollow points.

So where should I be going? I would like to buy bulk but where? Is there times to catch Walmart with 9mm 115 fmj? Middle of the week? We have been looking mostly on the weekends...

Buy a .40, it's everywhere.

it is because nobody wants it. i have a .40 but shoot my 9mm way more as it is fun and not a comprimisory round. [smile]

Thats what i figured, it's really not that bad to shoot. If i was having trouble finding 9mm i would buy a .40. It's usually always available, and honestly not that much more than 9mm as far as price goes. Good exercise for the wrist, and may improve follow-up shots when switching back to a 9mm.

Honestly not trying to start a caliber war here either.

Last edited:
Thats what i figured, it's really not that bad to shoot. If i was having trouble finding 9mm i would buy a .40. It's usually always available, and honestly not that much more than 9mm as far as price goes. Good exercise for the wrist, and may improve follow-up shots when switching back to a 9mm.

Honestly not trying to start a caliber war here either.

no caliber war between 9 and 40. thats a no brainer. 9 and 45 is heated but we all know who is right.[rofl]

ok im done with my caliber war too.

Trust me I have been weighing this. After shooting a bunch of handguns at MFS I find the Shield fits me the best for a compact conceal gun. I've shot the 40 and 9 back to back a few times and I shoot the 9 so much better especially when shooting fast. The 40 in the shield is very noticeable. I have been shooting 40 more at the range lately just because it was available at the store we were at and its better than not shooting at all...

Last edited:
Trust me I have been weighing this. After shooting a bunch of handguns at MFS I find the Shield fits me the best for a compact conceal gun. I've shot the 40 and 9 back to back a few times and I shoot the 9 so much better especially when shooting fast. The 40 in the shield is very noticeable. I have been shooting 40 more at the range lately just because it was available at the store we were at and it better than not shooting at all...

I probably wouldn't disagree, the shield is a small gun. It does depend on gun, different guns handle recoil differently.

Trust me I have been weighing this. After shooting a bunch of handguns at MFS I find the Shield fits me the best for a compact conceal gun. I've shot the 40 and 9 back to back a few times and I shoot the 9 so much better especially when shooting fast. The 40 in the shield is very noticeable. I have been shooting 40 more at the range lately just because it was available at the store we were at and it better than not shooting at all...
pick the caliber that works best for you. nobody can say what is truly better. if 9 is better for you then great,but 9mm is available. i find it quite a bit. i actually have enough for a couple years. but i should be on hoarders buried alive.

- - - Updated - - -

the shield is a nice gun i have them in 40 and 9 and actually like them both but 9 is a better shooter. and i would trust my life with the 9

We should start an ammo exchange here on NES. I have been able to find 9mm pretty consistent but usually strike out on .22lr.

If you are hurting for 9mm I would gladly help you out with a couple hundred rounds at my cost. I usually make a loop weekly to NH for an ammo run.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

We should start an ammo exchange here on NES. I have been able to find 9mm pretty consistent but usually strike out on .22lr.

If you are hurting for 9mm I would gladly help you out with a couple hundred rounds at my cost. I usually make a loop weekly to NH for an ammo run.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thats a great Idea! I found plenty of .40 and .45. .223 at My local Wal-Mart in Hudson just never has WWB or federal 9mm niether do my local shops... I cant wait untill the Cabelas opens in Berlin/Hudson MA!1

I just grabbed some 9mm from Blue Northern in Ayer, MA yesterday, its not as cheap as Walmart, but if you can't find any, some ammo is better than no ammo!

Just buy some in the classifieds. I bought some to sit on at a high price and kind of having buyers remorse, especially since I need money to prep for a move. So I'll be dumping some soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you lived closer on the north shore I'd grab ya some WWB 9mm ammo at the Walmart up here in VT where I'm working. They must have had 10 WWB packs for $26.67.

Four Seasons in Woburn had a TON of 9 yesterday at 5pm. 18.99 a box for brass and 17.99 a box for blazer aluminum.

I have a co-worker who is going by Four Seasons tonight and said he would pick me up 3 boxes if they have it... I have only seen the Wally World by me with WWB 9mm once and we bought what was left... Our local store wants 18 for 50rds of 115 fmj...

I have a co-worker who is going by Four Seasons tonight and said he would pick me up 3 boxes if they have it... I have only seen the Wally World by me with WWB 9mm once and we bought what was left... Our local store wants 18 for 50rds of 115 fmj...

That's probably what your gonna pay at FS

I am sure they will have it. They had about 4 different brands and it was stacked up high and deep [smile]

Back
Top Bottom