Hassan to run for senate

And as a senator she voted to throw your ass in gitmo if you were accused of being associated with "terrorists" with no access to an attorney let alone charges presented against you. Brown cast the same vote.

Shaheen actually vote for liberty to pass the amendment to the 2013 NDAA that stripped out the indefinite detention language. McCain and a few other warmongers conveniently got that amendment removed from the final bill during the committee of conference.

As far as I am concerned, throwing away your 5th and 6th amendment rights is far more an egregious act than fighting against constitutional carry as AG.

Sounds like they're all bad for varying reasons and we're screwed.

Ok, what proposed "conservative" primary opponent to Ayotte has a history of opposing indefinite detention AND supporting the 2A? I'm all ears. I expect the "conservative" proposed to be even harder on our 4th, 5th, and 6th A rights than she is, and no better on the 2nd. But it'll be OK because they are on "our side," right?

Ok, what proposed "conservative" primary opponent to Ayotte has a history of opposing indefinite detention AND supporting the 2A? I'm all ears. I expect the "conservative" proposed to be even harder on our 4th, 5th, and 6th A rights than she is, and no better on the 2nd. But it'll be OK because they are on "our side," right?

I'm not the one calling for her to be primaried. I think primaring her is a waste of money at this point since she has $5 million in cash right now and the primary let alone general election is still a year out. The money spent on whoever might challenge her (and would likely lose) would be better spent on improving republican majorities in the house and senate in order to ensure that regardless of whether we get a republican governor, we can pass constitutional carry.

I'm basically stating I won't be supporting her in any way.

There's a much bigger problem than Hassan vs Ayotte. Republicans control Congress, but can anyone tell me how that has made one bit of difference? The real problem here is that both party's agendas aren't really all that much different.

All the Republicans want to do is save their phoney balooney jobs and shower their business cronies with cash. Surpise, surpise, surprise, that's pretty much what the Democrats want to do too. None of them are pro freedom, pro Constitution, pro people.

So basically just flip a coin on Hassan/Ayotte. That's how much it will matter.

There's a much bigger problem than Hassan vs Ayotte. Republicans control Congress, but can anyone tell me how that has made one bit of difference? The real problem here is that both party's agendas aren't really all that much different.

All the Republicans want to do is save their phoney balooney jobs and shower their business cronies with cash. Surpise, surpise, surprise, that's pretty much what the Democrats want to do too. None of them are pro freedom, pro Constitution, pro people.

So basically just flip a coin on Hassan/Ayotte. That's how much it will matter.

Ding ding ding we have a winner, unfortunately some don't get that and blindly vote for the person because they have an R or a D after their name and do not put in any thought

JPK, no one is saying she's perfect; not even close. Show us a better competitor with a track record that doesn't crap on other rights that makes it worth primarying her.

(Also it was not the "castle doctrine" but SYG she spoke against; NH has had the basic castle doctrine - no duty to retreat at one's home - for decades.)

Like usual, since the day you joined this site, you've railed against Ayotte without being able to put up one opponent who isn't a statist against some other rights. Blah blah blah. Show us the opponent.

Ayotte is a solid conservative
http://ballotpedia.org/Kelly_Ayotte
290px-S020_080.gif

I rail against Ayotte for good reason

She's the WORST kind of Statist.....one who wraps herself up in the GOP and and gets low information (R)obot voters to throw the lever for her under the false pretense that she will represent their interests

So far she's voted AGAINST the NH GOP Party Platform at virtually every opportunity.

Voting for her in 2016 wont change anything.....it will only make it worse long term because the establishment will continue to do as they have for decades.....get their 6" crap sandwich elected in an off year like 2010 and once in office they establish a war chest of contributions from donors like the chamber of commerce in return for their vote

Ayotte doesnt represent NH voters of either party

Just like Gregg, Sununu or Guinta

Solomon is right.....Ayotte is unlikely to be primaried out because of the money she's accumulated in return for her cronyist votes as Senator

There are lots of good candidates out there.....Sen Andy Sanborn tops my personal favorites list and he's got a rock solid voting record as a NH Senator......he's the kind of person we need but the issue at this point boils down to money

If it comes down to Ayotte vs Hassan I wont cast a vote in that election because Ayotte needs to be defeated as does Guinta.....and if it takes giving the seat to a Dem in order to teach the NG GOP and cronyists a lesson that we will no longer vote for their crap sandwiches then so be it.

If you're going to throw the lever for Ayotte then you're doing nothinng more than adopting the same failed strategy that voters in Mass, NY, Maryland, Ill, California and other states have proven to be a failure over and over and over

With regard to Guinta, he is going to be challenged since he is very weak due to his campaign finance scandal. Innis has said he is going to run again and I hear that Representative Pam Tucker (very high NHLA and HRA score) is going to primary Guinta as well. Guinta is also having trouble raising money and thus is weak from that perspective as well.

Ayotte is a solid conservative if you cherry pick her votes and ignore the vast majority of votes she's cast

Americans for Prosperity does the same thing......they cherry pick softball bills.....notify reps/sens in advance that how they vote on a particular bill will be included in the tabulation of their "Score"......

Score a candidate on the totality of their votes and Ayotte is clearly a statist lib

With regard to AFP, I can tell you that a good number of republican reps in the statehouse are not happy with the AFP because the AFP took several positions on NH bills that were contrary to what Jasper wanted and thus they got docked by the AFP for those votes.

Maybe the AFP is picking "softball" bills at the federal level, but for the state level, there is no such "softball" picking going on. Hell, I think the AFP docked the reps for the initial budget vote that Maggie vetoed.

Again, show us the opponent. Otherwise, your entire goal seems from your first day on here to get Ayotte out of office. If you can point to no alternative that is actually better, you might as well just join Hassan's campaign.

No alternative. Ok, thanks for the informative response. You're a broken record on Ayotte. We get it. But when that is the most pro-2A candidate we get, that's what we've got.

When was the last "Republican" you think NH had in the Senate?

As for what I have or have not done, you make a lot of assumptions about what I have and have not done, many wrong (other than not running for office). What I know you're doing is campaigning hard against someone without any alternative to campaign for, which basically means you are in effect campaigning for Hassan, a known hard-anti-2A vote.

Term limits are a great idea and I'd definitely back a move for that in NH and in the USG. Recalls seem good but, watching them happen around the country, they seem to wind up turning politicians into people who spend ALL (instead of 95%) of their time fund raising.

Well, I'm all for a good candidate. Was ready to back George Lambert's run before he had to tap out. Mind you, other than 2A (and even there) I suspect a lot of conservatives on here differ as to what "conservative" even means. When >50% of a party is the party "in name only" you have to wonder whether it's them or the party that drove off the res.

I think several seats might switch this year if it's Hillary against Bush (or another RINO), unless your Senate/House member is clean (didn't go along to get along or vote for these BS bills that flip the rules) - why go and vote.

I know several folks from NH, they might have a hard time dragging themselves to the polls so they can kicked in the butt instead of the nutz.

atilla, you sound more and more like the liberals I debate down here daily. When you can't debate, insult. So Brown sucks but you guys voted in a far left Dem. I get it now. NOT!

Is this why you jump to baseless conclusions of if one doesn't support Brown, one must support Shaheen?

The point was we had a chance to derail the Obama agenda in the last election and we fell short. Every R we would have elected could have been used to derail the Obama agenda. Yes, Brown would have followed the GOP line to stop Obama's efforts to destroy America. You guys hold out for a candidate that fits your narrow needs and we'll keep on losing. So now you guys will help defeat Ayotte and give another seat to a D, who will follow the party's anti-gun policies. How does that help our cause? http://www.nbcnews.com/id/39975505/...nate-seats-falls-short-majority/#.VhPP8kYzFiM

Republicans already have more than enough numbers in both the US Senate and US House to derail the Obama agenda. WE HAVE THE LARGEST GOP MAJORITY IN THE US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES SINCE HARRY TRUMAN WAS PRESIDENT!!! McConnell and Boehner and many others in the Republican leadership are cowards. This alone is why the Obama agenda has not been derailed.

Republicans already have more than enough numbers in both the US Senate and US House to derail the Obama agenda. WE HAVE THE LARGEST GOP MAJORITY IN THE US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES SINCE HARRY TRUMAN WAS PRESIDENT!!! McConnell and Boehner and many others in the Republican leadership are cowards. This alone is why the Obama agenda has not been derailed.

You and your silly facts.

Back
Top Bottom