Harvard sportsman club

I'll be shooting there Saturday and Sunday morning. You're welcome to stop by. You can see the club and do some shooting. If you can get through the morning without shooting me, I'll consider sponsoring you.

If anyone is heading to the club Friday morning, I am a member in good standing with a favor to ask. Please PM.

I'll be shooting there Saturday and Sunday morning. You're welcome to stop by. You can see the club and do some shooting. If you can get through the morning without shooting me, I'll consider sponsoring you.

Thanks, made me laugh, I'l be there about 10:30 Saturday to check things out.

Any breakfasts etc (not competitions, I know my limitations as I'm somewhat of a new shooter [smile]) or something where I could meet a possible sponsor? I'm a 40 yr old family man just looking for a nice place to shoot that's close to home (Ayer MA). My friends have taught me the basics about muzzle sweeping etc, so I'm not a dangerous guy lol. I had been talking to Dan Hurley but haven't heard from him in a bit (hope he's alright).

Or anyone willing to possibly sponsor me, I won't hold you to it if you feel I'm not a good fit.

I don't think there are any more breakfasts until the fall. The same thing I said to ruebarb applies. If you're in Ayer, you might want to considered Shirley rod&gun club. I'm also a member there.

The Shirley rod and gun website says it's fill up on members waiting list only [sad]. Also looks like from the site there is only an outdoor pistol range and not an indoor?

Shirley has no indoor range but there is a rifle range next to the handgun range. That range has bunkers at 50,100,150 and 200 yards. You can shoot any handgun or rifle as long as you can put the rounds in the bunker. I've never measured the bunkers but they're at least 8' wide and 6' high. Full auto is not allowed.

Any new members recived there key card yet? It's been about 2 weeks since I joined and I still don't have it. I would really like to shoot there. I think my patience has almost run out.

It looks like there are matches on Saturday and Sunday so the gate should be open. If not, I'll be there Saturday,Sunday and Monday morning and can let you in.

I've been looking at clubs in my area, and this looks like a good one. Would anyone who is a current member like to meet up, talk and shoot a bit, and maybe sponsor me as a new member?

I've been looking at clubs in my area, and this looks like a good one. Would anyone who is a current member like to meet up, talk and shoot a bit, and maybe sponsor me as a new member?

Piggybacking on this guy. I'm military stationed in Boston, been here about a year now, and have my LTC-A. I would like a good place to shoot some long guns and pistols, and HSC looks to be the best. I saw that there is a New Member's Meeting on July 2nd, is that the appropriate place to show up and introduce myself? I know there were Sunday Brunches or something, but I didn't see any on the calendar.

I'll be here for 2 more years, so I can't promise a long commitment, but otherwise I'm a squared-away guy who wants to shoot, and maybe introduce some of my new Boston friends to shooting.

Thanks.

Hey All,

The Air Force recently stationed me here in MA and I'm looking for a good gun club with great people. I've applied for my LTC, but that's still being processed so I can't go shooting yet with the firearms I brought with me (if I understand the laws right). Are there any upcoming events I could go to to meet people and/or volunteer to help out at? Thanks!

Hey All,

The Air Force recently stationed me here in MA and I'm looking for a good gun club with great people. I've applied for my LTC, but that's still being processed so I can't go shooting yet with the firearms I brought with me (if I understand the laws right). Are there any upcoming events I could go to to meet people and/or volunteer to help out at? Thanks!

USPSA, IDPA, and Steel Challenge matches are all open to the public. There are also IDPA practices every other Monday and USPSA practices every Wednesday which are open, and are a good opportunity to meet club members.

You can see all these events on the calendar.

Also, on Sunday October 4th, there is a breakfast being served at the clubhouse starting around 8 AM. It's $6 all-you-can-eat and it's another great place to meet members.

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing me to Wednesday's practice. It was a lot of fun and the people are great. I'm looking forward to next Wednesday!

I am looking for a new club and wanted to start working my way into Harvard. The Wednesday night practice, would this be newb friendly? Been shooting a long time but haven't done any official competitions like USPSA or IDPA.

Yup, very newb friendly. Bring your favorite pistol, an OWB holster, and some mag carriers. We'll probably be moving into the indoor range next week as it's getting dark too early to bother setting up outside.

Yup, very newb friendly. Bring your favorite pistol, an OWB holster, and some mag carriers. We'll probably be moving into the indoor range next week as it's getting dark too early to bother setting up outside.
Thank you for the response.
I was reading back in this post and realized I asked the same question about two years ago but didn't remember I asked it, and you gave the same response. Unfortunately, by the time I was ready, my father got really ill, and he passed away last year, which took all the wind out of my sails for the past year.

All packed up, just need to run home after work, grab my gear and head out. Anyone from here going to be there tonight?

Is there any cost associated with the open to the public events like this? Cost for admittance or targets or anything?

I was reading back in this post and realized I asked the same question about two years ago but didn't remember I asked it, and you gave the same response. Unfortunately, by the time I was ready, my father got really ill, and he passed away last year, which took all the wind out of my sails for the past year, almost a year and half now.

All packed up, just need to run home after work, grab my gear and head out. Anyone from here going to be there tonight?

Is there any cost associated with the open to the public events like this? Cost for admittance or targets or anything?

I was reading back in this post and realized I asked the same question about two years ago but didn't remember I asked it, and you gave the same response. Unfortunately, by the time I was ready, my father got really ill, and he passed away last year, which took all the wind out of my sails for the past year.

I will be there. No cost for the practices, just help out with setup/teardown and taping targets.

My condolences about your father.

I can't wait to start going to these next year - I've had Wednesday night classes for several years but that will be over very soon.

Had a lot of fun. Some mechanical equipment issues I have never had shooting one mag at a time off a bench but great time all around. Thanks guys. Going to try and make it pretty often.

Are the bi-weekly IDPA pistol matches still open to the public? My wife and I moved from Arlington out to Ashby about a year ago and now that we're out in the sticks and have some space (and time) I'm interested in trying this out. If only to become safer and better at using a pistol for self defense.

Thanks!

nick

Are the bi-weekly IDPA pistol matches still open to the public? My wife and I moved from Arlington out to Ashby about a year ago and now that we're out in the sticks and have some space (and time) I'm interested in trying this out. If only to become safer and better at using a pistol for self defense.

Thanks!

nick

Practices Are first and third Monday, open to public. Matches are generally 4th Saturday of the month, except feb, nov, dec. we love new shooters! Just let one of the guys running practice know you are new to action shooting. You can also go to the Mertowest tactical website.

The Harvard USPSA gang also has open to public practices on Wednesdays, not sure of the time or how often, check the club calendar.

Back
Top Bottom