dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
Range: Harvard Sportsmen's Club

Address: Littleton County Rd

When: April 18-19, 2009

Range Fee: None

Camping available: not on site.

Hotels: TBA

Directions: Take I-495 (in Massachusets) to Route 2 west. Immediately take exit 39. Turn left at the end of the ramp onto Taylor St. Take your first left onto Porter Rd. and follow it to the end. At the end of Porter Rd., turn left onto Whitcomb Ave. (Whitcomb Ave. becomes Littleton County Road). After 1.3 miles, look for a driveway on the left side (small sign, dirt road, easy to miss). If you reach Old Schoolhouse Hill Rd. or Cleaves Hill Rd., you've gone too far.

State Laws to be aware of: Your weapons MUST, repeat MUST, be locked unloaded in your trunk or other secured container. (handguns may be carried ONLY with a Massachusetts Class A License To Carry with either "None" or "All Lawful Purposes" for Reason for Issuance. - if you're from out of state, you need a MA non-resident LTC; MA has NO reciprocity with any other state)
NO HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINES MANUFACTURED AFTER 1994!!!
No "assault weapons" - we still have an AWB. ARs cannot have a flash hider, collapsible stock or a bayonet lug unless they are "pre-ban". Check State Laws.

Misc: Special Patriot's Day, April 19th Event 25 meter only

Who to contact for more information: PM Crak or Dwarven1 or email: [email protected]

Registration Link: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/188207935

Attachments

• Harvard MA - April 2009[1].pdf
    165.5 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
so if it appears I'd qualify for free, as I'm active duty... what is the minimum age for children?

i want to get my 9 y/o some training [laugh]

i can't commit YET anyway, so i'll probably make a donation...

plus an LTR would help. i'll research that further as well.

Tentatively planning on attending this one. Seems like as good a weekend as any to push myself the few more points I need to make rifleman. Hopefully nothing comes up that weekend.

25m only means 25m only for the whole weekend.

Patriot's day event means as a celebration of what our fellow Patriots did on April 19th 1775, we make it the biggest Appleseed weekend of the year. Come on out and be a part of history a stone's throw away from the start of it all.

can you explain the Special Patriot Day thingy? Is the training going to be on the 25meter range only for that day for some reason?
April 19th, 1775... a date that will live in history. If you don't know why, come to the shoot and learn.

As for 25m... it's because you have to be certified to use the 300 yard range at Harvard beforehand, and because we don't have a 400 yard range there. So we'll be using the 25 meter reduced-size targets to simulate shooting at up to 400 yards.

so if it appears I'd qualify for free, as I'm active duty... what is the minimum age for children?

i want to get my 9 y/o some training [laugh]

i can't commit YET anyway, so i'll probably make a donation...

plus an LTR would help. i'll research that further as well.
Yes, you would. Minimum age... well, I've taught a 9 year old on the line before. Big question for YOU, daddy, is: is your 9 year old up to shooting for an entire day or weekend? We can teach, but only YOU know if your son is mature enough for it.

An LTR is ONLY used because it's a LOT cheaper than shooting .223, .30-06 or .308. Or even 7.62x39. If you have 800+ rounds of any of the above, feel free to bring your centerfire rifle. We don't care; we'll teach you on whatever you show up with. At Athol, there was a Savage bolt-action .308, an SKS, a Mosin Nagant 1944 and a few AR-15s on the lines at various times.

The choice is up to you, Jay.

(and when I say 800+ rounds, I'm not joking - 700 rounds went downrange last weekend at Athol, and that was a slow-running shoot because of the foot and a half of snow we were walking through! Bring at LEAST 800 rounds.)

Last edited:
This sounds like a lot of fun. hopefully there, just wont know if i'm free till late march. will there be different instruction on each day (thinking of bringing a 22lr for day one, AR second day to save cost.)

Saturday goes over the material in detail with demonstrations.

Sunday hammers it in with about twice as much shooting with drills to emphasize what the shooters seem to need the most help with.

I registered the day after the election. I'm looking forward to it.

Will there be separate ranges for 22LR and centerfire like last year? I think that worked great.

I don't think I'll be able to make it for the full weekend this year, but will definitely try to block off a day (most likely Sunday).

My LTR hasn't been fired (or for that matter, cleaned) since last spring's Appleseed. I'm going to have to dust it off and practice a bit or I may have to hand in my Rifleman patch [smile]

I don't think we have enough instructors to run two ranges because all my instructors got drafted to go run other shoots out in the middle of nowhere where nobody's going to show up and aren't even finalized yet. Some huge numbers registered for Harvard would be a great help to me to maybe get them drafted back to the Appleseed everybody wants to be at.

So register early and often for Harvard, MA. [smile]

Even better, If you're a rifleman in MA (or close), and you want to know what it feels like to help save your country on the best day of the year, PM me and I will find a way to make sure you are ready in time to help out as an Instructor In Training (IIT) on 4/19.

(If I don't get some PMs, I'll be PMing you!)

Last edited:
Even better, If you're a rifleman in MA (or close), and you want to know what it feels like to help save your country on the best day of the year, PM me and I will find a way to make sure you are ready in time to help out as an Instructor In Training (IIT) on 4/19.

(If I don't get some PMs, I'll be PMing you!)

Why do I feel a sudden onset of guilt?

...ohkayyyyyyyy....

Anyway, I still feel like I owe you for having done brass patrol all by yourself last year, so I guess now I really can't refuse [grin]

Waaahhh!!! [crying]

I'm not going to be there!!! I'm sorry, guys, but I'm going to be at the Throop, NY shoot that weekend. I will be thinking of you all, and Crak is going to take LOTS of pictures, though, RIGHT CRAK???

I want to hear that a lot of you earned your Rifleman patches!

i'm willing to volunteer to be an instructor.

i have no civilian credentials - but i have range saftey experience... LOL

-seriously, i'm an NCO with almost 13 years active duty, so i can meet up with any of the appleseed folks to get my cert...

holler at me via PM.

I signed up a while back, have a spiffy new LTR awaiting just a couple more mags and a sling. If this is as much fun and as helpful as I think it will be, I hope to repeat the experience with a .308 and full "sized" range.

So whats more fun, frozen in February or muddy in April? [smile]

I can't wait. I went last year and had a great time but didn't make Rifleman. (half my targets were negated by my friend's repeated crossfire[rolleyes][grin]) Oh well, I learned quite a bit and had a real good time. Can't wait for this years event. I'll be there no matter what.

I want to go, but cannot commit just yet. Hopefully, there will be a space for me by the time I am sure I can make it! My LTR is set to go and at least "semi sighted in" and I have six factory mags. The only thing I want to do before attending, is check the function with several brands of ammo and determine what seems to work best.

I want to go, but cannot commit just yet. Hopefully, there will be a space for me by the time I am sure I can make it! My LTR is set to go and at least "semi sighted in" and I have six factory mags. The only thing I want to do before attending, is check the function with several brands of ammo and determine what seems to work best.

"Semi" sighted in is good - as long as you're within a few inches at 25 meters, we'll teach you how to sight it in as part of the day. Ask Reptile about his experience!

6 mags is excellent - four is required, but it's always good to have a spare. And you have the right idea about checking function - it is absolutely CRITICAL that your rifle be working right. My suggestion would be to try it with the Federal bulk pack from Walmart - many 10/22s seem to like that ammo.

So, here's the info on becoming an IIT (Instructor In Training) with RWVA.

The pre-requisites are to have attended 2 Appleseeds and have shot Rifleman (and can on an ongoing basis).

Now, parts of that CAN be waived, but the waiver has to be done by an RWVA Master Instructor.

Guess who is one of the MI's running the Instructor Program at RWVA?

When you send Crak that PM, make sure to include me with it. Include your forum name on the Appleseed forum as well. If Crak or Dwarven1 says you're good, the waiver will probably get approved.

And, we expect you to join the Appleseedinfo forum as well. Just remember it's a working forum, not a chatting forum. The info you'll need is there, and an Instructor or IIT can see much more than a Guest or regular member can.

Ready to go for April. Been checking the "what to bring" for a few months now and i just placed my last order to Brownells to get the final bits and pieces to shoot in April. See you all there.
MB

Back
Top Bottom