Handicapped parking scofflaws leads to drug, firearms bust in Chelmsford

Yep. The Band Box. How about the Concord Shores where Stelio's is now...?

Yes, and directly across the bridge was, Sandy's The guy made Chips and also had a sandwich shop. Then of course there was The Cove and Iversen Ford

The Purple Bamboo has pretty good traditional Chinese Hot Pot...

Damn. I pick-pocketed another thread... "io sono spiacente"

Yep. Go there for lunch when I'm not brown-bagging it. Really fresh food and great lunch prices.

We stored motorcycles for the Winter at the old Iversen's Ford, now it's a rental place...

Ok, well they didn't persist... 🤔

Might make an excellent location for a weed vendor...

low-l-Macs.jpg

How many times have we read here about NOT attracting attention to oneself? Bull crap violation for parking in a HP spot triggered the event. Chances are real high that if the lazy MFer had parked where the rest of do this would not have happened.
No bad gun, ammo and feeding device charge
No reefer problem.
No residue on a rolled up bill would have been found.

IMO stupid people get what they deserve.

I don't dispute any of that, my point was more along the lines that there is no relationship between "illegal guns" and "denying our rights" because the people pushing the buttons don't actually care about any of that stuff, that's just an excuse thrown out along the way., and recently it's become even more meaningless as an excuse. Vermont was a great example because you have an exponentially better chance of getting killed there by a deer running into the road than you do getting shot or even stabbed by another human. And still they bray "Ban the gunzzzz".

-Mike

CHELMSFORD — Two Lowell men were arrested Tuesday after a police officer who had approached them for parking illegally in a handicap spot found an unlicensed gun and two large bags of marijuana in the vehicle.

At about 12:30 p.m., a patrol officer noticed a vehicle idling in a handicap spot outside Walmart at Drum Hill Shopping Center. A passenger — later identified as Sari Rath, 33 — was inside the vehicle, police announced.

When the driver, Vuthy Ke, 39, emerged from Walmart, officers discovered that neither he nor Rath had a handicap placard.

When Rath opened the glove compartment, an officer saw the handle of a black handgun inside. Both men were then handcuffed, Assistant District Attorney Amy Parker said in court.

Upon searching the vehicle, police discovered an unlicensed handgun with 12 rounds in a magazine in the glove compartment, and two large, vacuum-sealed bags of marijuana in the trunk. They also found a white substance, which they believe to be cocaine, inside a folded $10 bill in Ke’s wallet, Parker said.

The two men were arrested. Ke was charged with possession of firearm without a permit, possession of a large capacity feeding device, illegal possession of ammunition, possession of a Class D substance with intent to distribute, and illegal possession of a Class B substance.

Rath was charged with possession of a firearm without a permit, possession of a large capacity feeding device, and illegal possession of ammunition.

Parker requested Ke be held on $5,000 cash bail, and Rath be held on $10,000 cash bail and have his bail revoked in an open Middlesex Superior Court case. In that case, Rath is charged with trafficking cocaine and possessing an unlicensed firearm, Parker said during the arraignment.

“There’s absolutely nothing to indicate, judge, that he (Rath) had any knowledge whatsoever that there was a firearm in the glove box…” Attorney Steve Rappaport, who represented Rath, said in court Wednesday. The firearm, Rappaport argued, was not in plain sight and Rath was not the driver.

Judge Patrick Malone ordered Ke held on $2,500 cash bail, and revoked Rath’s bail in his open superior court case.

Both defendants are scheduled for their next hearings on Feb. 24.

Gun laws are such a standing joke.
funny shit, I know a handful of people to get busted for parking in Restricted areas.
One guy in my old neighborhood 2X DUI sitting in a handcap spot idling scratching tickets and tossing down his fireball nips...

That's still parking, and it should not be tolerated. Only people who think they deserve special treatment do this, Get to know a few disabled vets, and other disabled people and your idea that this is OK will change.

Agree. Only for a minute means I wait 15 minutes. If there isn't any available parking I call 911. If they're not busy they send someone over. Fine in Boston is $120.

According to the passengers lawyer he didn't know the gun was in the glove box.....thats why he opened it without hesitation......and is using that as evidence that the gun wasn't his.
If I was on the jury,
I'd be all ears whether or not either side submitted evidence
that the passenger's fingerprints were/were not on the gun.

I ALWAYS tell students that it unwise to store a gun where the DL or registration is kept.
So you're saying that my cunning plan to store my 1911 commander
inside of my EMS trifold wallet is a bad idea?

Chelmsford... Lowell with trees.
I know an NESer who would have wanted a trigger warning before you posted that.

Especially in a relatively decent town not far from a couple notorious big dump cities, you can bet Chelmsford PD, every one of those guys is going into full gortons fisherman surf casting mode when they smell ghetto lyfe activity in their realm like loitering in HP spots etc.
Cop keeps an eagle eye on the glove compartment as it is opened;
spots the gun.
tw055YZ.gif

And through it all the lackluster titty joint and the WuLu have persisted.
Exactly how much luster were you expecting in Billerica?

I'd be all ears whether or not either side submitted evidence
that the passenger's fingerprints were/were not on the gun
Do you really think they handled the gun to preserve prints, preserved prints on the mag and each round of ammo, or just unloaded it, put it into evidence, and filed charges? To look for prints would likely yield exculpatory evidence as to knowledge/possession by the passenger, so why would law enforcement want to do that?

I'd find not guilty if there was not even an attempt to preserve and extract prints and/or DNA from the gun - though it may take one of those high end guns with really sharp checkering on the frontstrap to grab some DNA.

Do you really think they handled the gun to preserve prints, preserved prints on the mag and each round of ammo, or just unloaded it, put it into evidence, and filed charges? To look for prints would likely yield exculpatory evidence as to knowledge/possession by the passenger, so why would law enforcement want to do that?
What this Intarweb needs is a complete index of the Crimestoppers Textbook.
Lacking that...
PRIVATE+EYE+001+22.jpg

Who the f*** wrote that? No details. I only read the post, not the link to the story.

I reverse-image-searched it. It's from Sam Hill, Private Eye, a 7-issue comic book series published 1950-52, no author/artist/illustrator information that I could find. The style reminds me of Will Eisner, but so does a lot of stuff from that era.

What's up with this language? Why not possession of a handgun, possession of a high capacity weapon, and posession of a high capacity magazine? Aren't those charges more severe?
Under MGL or shotgun is not a firearm. Only a handgun is. Except, of course, for the purpose of 269-10(j)

CHELMSFORD — Two Lowell men were arrested Tuesday after a police officer who had approached them for parking illegally in a handicap spot found an unlicensed gun and two large bags of marijuana in the vehicle.

At about 12:30 p.m., a patrol officer noticed a vehicle idling in a handicap spot outside Walmart at Drum Hill Shopping Center. A passenger — later identified as Sari Rath, 33 — was inside the vehicle, police announced.

When the driver, Vuthy Ke, 39, emerged from Walmart, officers discovered that neither he nor Rath had a handicap placard.

When Rath opened the glove compartment, an officer saw the handle of a black handgun inside. Both men were then handcuffed, Assistant District Attorney Amy Parker said in court.

Upon searching the vehicle, police discovered an unlicensed handgun with 12 rounds in a magazine in the glove compartment, and two large, vacuum-sealed bags of marijuana in the trunk. They also found a white substance, which they believe to be cocaine, inside a folded $10 bill in Ke’s wallet, Parker said.

The two men were arrested. Ke was charged with possession of firearm without a permit, possession of a large capacity feeding device, illegal possession of ammunition, possession of a Class D substance with intent to distribute, and illegal possession of a Class B substance.

Rath was charged with possession of a firearm without a permit, possession of a large capacity feeding device, and illegal possession of ammunition.

Parker requested Ke be held on $5,000 cash bail, and Rath be held on $10,000 cash bail and have his bail revoked in an open Middlesex Superior Court case. In that case, Rath is charged with trafficking cocaine and possessing an unlicensed firearm, Parker said during the arraignment.

“There’s absolutely nothing to indicate, judge, that he (Rath) had any knowledge whatsoever that there was a firearm in the glove box…” Attorney Steve Rappaport, who represented Rath, said in court Wednesday. The firearm, Rappaport argued, was not in plain sight and Rath was not the driver.

Judge Patrick Malone ordered Ke held on $2,500 cash bail, and revoked Rath’s bail in his open superior court case.

Both defendants are scheduled for their next hearings on Feb. 24.

Gun laws are such a standing joke.
Excellent police work!!

Back
Top Bottom