Handicapped parking scofflaws leads to drug, firearms bust in Chelmsford

I feel like I cant wash the white trash off me when I leave that place.

With that said however, isnt it tolerated to idle in a handicap spot (not park) when there is a driver in the seat and the car is running? I seem to have remember hearing this somewhere. God knows you see it all the time at convenience stores.

I believe the driver wasn’t in the car only the passenger. Driver was in Walmart.

isnt it tolerated to idle in a handicap spot (not park) when there is a driver in the seat and the car is running? I seem to have remember hearing this somewhere. God knows you see it all the time at convenience stores.
Probably it is most of the time. I'm willing to bet these guys were known and were being treated as such. If I did it in my town I'm pretty sure if the police took notice they would slow down, put down the window and tell me to get moving. The plate scan turned up some interest on these guys. The handicap spot was the excuse to start asking questions

Stupid is a chargeable offense now.

I’m glad they got popped. How many more illegal guns will it take for more of our rights to be trampled on? I mean who gives a crap about shithead, non law abiding people who are directly responsible for some of the hell we go thru in this god forsaken state.

As for Dumb Hill I avoid the area whenever possible. Lowell General offices on Research Drive has me skirt the edge.

What's up with this language? Why not possession of a handgun, possession of a high capacity weapon, and posession of a high capacity magazine? Aren't those charges more severe?

Does it matter if they all get dropped? If the perp doesn't have any money the MA court system has no use for them, so back out they go.

I feel like I cant wash the white trash off me when I leave that place.

With that said however, isnt it tolerated to idle in a handicap spot (not park) when there is a driver in the seat and the car is running? I seem to have remember hearing this somewhere. God knows you see it all the time at convenience stores.
That's still parking, and it should not be tolerated. Only people who think they deserve special treatment do this, Get to know a few disabled vets, and other disabled people and your idea that this is OK will change.

What's up with this language? Why not possession of a handgun, possession of a high capacity weapon, and posession of a high capacity magazine? Aren't those charges more severe?

Only if you are a White Male who thinks for himself, then you get the full book treatment and your pic on the 6:00 o'clock so called news. On a side note, anyone parking in a Handicap spot NOT HANDICAPPED is a dumb lazy fat ass, especially one with a heater in the glove.

Stupid is a chargeable offense now.

I’m glad they got popped. How many more illegal guns will it take for more of our rights to be trampled on? I mean who gives a crap about shithead, non law abiding people who are directly responsible for some of the hell we go thru in this god forsaken state.

As for Dumb Hill I avoid the area whenever possible. Lowell General offices on Research Drive has me skirt the edge.

Doesn't matter if there are zero "illegal guns" actually.... look at what happened in VT. The sideshow about "gun violence" and "illegal guns" is a distraction.

-Mike

Only if you are a White Male who thinks for himself, then you get the full book treatment and your pic on the 6:00 o'clock so called news. On a side note, anyone parking in a Handicap spot NOT HANDICAPPED is a dumb lazy fat ass, especially one with a heater in the glove.

Especially in a relatively decent town not far from a couple notorious big dump cities, you can bet Chelmsford PD, every one of those guys is going into full gortons fisherman surf casting mode when they smell ghetto lyfe activity in their realm like loitering in HP spots etc.

View: https://youtu.be/KNAhcqRjVww

How many guns were in the car? The way I read the article, each person in a mini van chock full of passengers could be charged with possession of a pistol without a license and the 12 round magazine based on the single pistol in the glovebox?

In MGL speak a rifle or shotgun is not a firearm; only a handgun is. Except of course for MGL 269-10j, the school carry ban.
How many guns were in the car? The way I read the article, each person in a mini van chock full of passengers could be charged with possession of a pistol without a license and the 12 round magazine based on the single pistol in the glovebox?
Bogus charges are a way to get the parties not committing the crime to turn stool.

Doesn't matter if there are zero "illegal guns" actually.... look at what happened in VT. The sideshow about "gun violence" and "illegal guns" is a distraction.

-Mike
How many times have we read here about NOT attracting attention to oneself? Bull crap violation for parking in a HP spot triggered the event. Chances are real high that if the lazy MFer had parked where the rest of do this would not have happened.
No bad gun, ammo and feeding device charge
No reefer problem.
No residue on a rolled up bill would have been found.

IMO stupid people get what they deserve.

Especially in a relatively decent town not far from a couple notorious big dump cities, you can bet Chelmsford PD, every one of those guys is going into full gortons fisherman surf casting mode when they smell ghetto lyfe activity in their realm like loitering in HP spots etc.

View: https://youtu.be/KNAhcqRjVww

Like it or not that is how the scum are moved away from the area and back into their own manure pile.
I'm sure CPD has some easy fishing spots. LOL

i walked in on a robbery at a local convenience store many years ago in the wee hours of the morning on the way to work. parking lot was empty with the exception of the getaway car and driver, motor running. i have to applaud the guys, they didn't park their car in the hp spot with the motor running, they left it open for me, sooo....they had to run farther to make a break for it and get away. there are crooks with a heart. thanks guys!

It is a violation of MGL to park/block/live-parking/idling in any HP marked spot in MA. Fines up to $300/occurence can be handed out and the fine money goes to the town's Commission on Disabilities.

This question came up at my PD many years ago and since I was working in Boston at that time and had to go to the RMV on Washington St (former Combat Zone [laugh2]) to renew my DL anyway, I met with the RMV General Counsel to clarify this issue.

I am a strong proponent of enforcement of this law. My late Father lost a leg to diabetes and had HP plates.

I see it abused every day at the commuter rail station when I drop off/pick up my Wife.

They throw spaghetti when they charge someone, with hopes of cutting a plea deal. Most of the gun charges get filed (dropped) if/when it goes to trial. It's SOP in the business.

That's still parking, and it should not be tolerated. Only people who think they deserve special treatment do this, Get to know a few disabled vets, and other disabled people and your idea that this is OK will change.
[rockon] See my comment above.

That is the way MGL works. If nobody claims it and everyone could access it, they all get charged. If one rats out the others, those charges almost always gets dropped against the person who ratted them out.

How many times have we read here about NOT attracting attention to oneself? Bull crap violation for parking in a HP spot triggered the event. Chances are real high that if the lazy MFer had parked where the rest of do this would not have happened.
No bad gun, ammo and feeding device charge
No reefer problem.
No residue on a rolled up bill would have been found.

IMO stupid people get what they deserve.

Crims gotta crim, yo.

On Wednesday I was driving in the lovely city of FR. Not a CAR to be seen behind me traveling on Broadway. Some urban yoof in his early-model, shrunk-down Japanese thing pulls RIGHT out in front of me, then eyeballs me for 3 blocks in his rear-view. I had to laugh. He was looking for a way to make himself feel better by getting "into it" with someone disrespecting him. What a S-wordy life he's got that he needs to resort to traffic violations to do so.

Same with Crimmy above. "I'll just park here because F everyone else." Good job! It was like self-reporting for future prison. Woot!

Walmart used to have "Welcome to Walmart" greeters, now they need need Parking Lot Monitors...

"NO GUNS PLEASE!"
iu

I am a strong proponent of enforcement of this law. My late Father lost a leg to diabetes and had HP plates.

My late father lost a few toes to diabetes, as well as having had a heart attack. He had some pretty significant mobility impairment. I suggested to my mom that perhaps they might want to look into HP plates for the car. My mom's response was that HP plates were pretty well useless where they lived in NJ because of the number of self-entitled jerks who parked in HP spots "Just for a minute, I'll be right back!" and the unwillingness of the town police to ticket and tow said jerks.

I remember when it was Caldor's...
9186863cdbba72ca326fd11f859c58b8.jpg
I remember when it was J M Fields. Department store on one side and Grocery store on the other. Back end on the Department store had the pet section. There were cages with monkeys and other animals that you can no longer buy. Then the Grocery store became Alexanders and Caldor where the department store was.

I remember when it was J M Fields. Department store on one side and Grocery store on the other. Back end on the Department store had the pet section. There were cages with monkeys and other animals that you can no longer buy. Then the Grocery store became Alexanders and Caldor where the department store was.

I remember Fields too... figured the kids here wouldn't. [rofl2]
How about Grant's at East Gate Plaza...? [smile]
Miss those Raspberry-Lime Rickie's and Patty Melts...

Last edited:
I remember Fields too... figured the kids here wouldn't. [rofl2]
How about Grant's at East Gate Plaza...? [smile]
Yes I do. and the place where you work was originally built to be a teen dance club, it never got to open (Hullabaloo) Then Doering Equipment. The Pizza joint on the corner of 3A and Treble Cove Rd was a Pontiac Car dealership. (yes I am old)

Yes I do. and the place where you work was originally built to be a teen dance club, it never got to open (Hullabaloo) Then Doering Equipment. The Pizza joint on the corner of 3A and Treble Cove Rd was a Pontiac Car dealership. (yes I am old)

Yep. I found a bunch of the NCR (National Cash Register) stickers for the McDonald's cash registers. Little stickers of fries/hamburgers/shakes instead of actual numbers. Lol.
Did not know about the Pontiac dealer though. Do you remember the "Howdy's" over on Dutton St in Lowell across from the Giant's store...?

I remember 'Hullabaloo' on TV, was the club supposed to be a spin-off?

I don't remember Howdy's. I do remember the old Giant store with the cobbler under the big stairs, the Grocery store upstairs on one end (Claremonts) and the clothing section on the other end. Yes that was supposed to be a spin off to the TV Hullabaloo. I forgot about NCR being there. Where the Harley shop is. Across the street where Mac's Two is, and where the torn down gas station was, was Enrico's Pizza joint and Bar. Where Dunkin Donuts is there on 3A was originally an Ice Cream stand.

I don't remember Howdy's. I do remember the old Giant store with the cobbler under the big stairs, the Grocery store upstairs on one end (Claremonts) and the clothing section on the other end. Yes that was supposed to be a spin off to the TV Hullabaloo. I forgot about NCR being there. Where the Harley shop is. Across the street where Mac's Two is, and where the torn down gas station was, was Enrico's Pizza joint and Bar. Where Dunkin Donuts is there on 3A was originally an Ice Cream stand.

And through it all the lackluster titty joint and the WuLu have persisted.

Ah yes. The McKay's establishment. I liked it better when they served lousy alcohol drinks...

Howdy's drive-thru Beefburgers was started by the Dunkin Donuts founder and was shut down in 1970 because it was rumored that part of the "Secret" recipe was 'horsemeat'...yumm

Back
Top Bottom