Handicapped parking scofflaws leads to drug, firearms bust in Chelmsford

It goes to show how rarely people who park in HC spots are hassled over it. Dude was probably thinking "what are the odds?"
Saw a statie parked in one at DD in Franklin as I was in the drive thru, I don't want to generalize but I have never seen a cruiser with a placard.

Saw a statie parked in one at DD in Franklin as I was in the drive thru, I don't want to generalize but I have never seen a cruiser with a placard.
It's sad but widely abused by police/armored cars. A few years ago the armored car blocked both HP spaces at my CU every day. I took some pics and forwarded them to my police chief. After the police contacted the firm, they finally parked elsewhere daily. I'm very sensitive about this as my late Father lost a leg to diabetes and had a legit HP plate.

I was detailed to handle traffic in our high school parking lot before each town meeting. Two successive chiefs would always arrive late and park in the HP spot. It annoyed the hell out of me but I wasn't in that end of the lot when they did it. The next chief that I worked for had the decency to park across the street after I told him that the HP spots were a no-go (and he's the one that I really didn't like working for and none of his other officers did either).

I will say that I learned that a large percentage of the criminal element tend to bring attention to themselves by doing things that get officers' attention. I can't explain why, it just is.

Back
Top Bottom