Handgun Gloves

I'm looking for a pair of good gloves to shoot my new Beretta with. I'm not sure if this is common or not, but I already know I would feel comfortable with gloves while I'm at the range.

Something like this maybe
https://www.gripswell.com/gs33.php

These are to expensive, though what I'm looking for.

I wear glove doing work around the house, golf, hockey, snowboarding, doing labor work. I pretty much use glove all the time except when I'm sleeping. jk[laugh]

Just wondering if anyone can recommend like a kmart brand glove that works good. I think I could use some old golf gloves... but would like a dedicated gloves for the range.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with recoil or anything mechanical.

I just like to wear gloves for almost anything I do with my hands. I forgot to mention that I like to wear gloves at the gym and playing football.

I would look for a decent oair of driving gloves. They are thin, flexible, and have grips on the palm..

You gonna wear gloves if you end up having to deploy your Beretta and protect yourself?

Get a pair of nike receiver (football) gloves. I don't use them for shooting, but they are great for any project you could imagine.

I would suggest going without gloves, but if you are dead set on getting a pair, at least get some with the trigger finger exposed so you will get a better feel.
Gloves also impact handgun manipulation and you need to practice and be aware of these issues.

I think its all personal preference. I'm going to try it out with a pair of thin gloves like what you would wear for golf or football. If it feels too funky then I would scrap the idea, but I already know I'm gonna like it.

I think its all personal preference.
I'm an NRA certified firearms instructor. I've taken about 200 hours of firearms training, at places like Lethal Force Institute, Cumberland Tactics, SigSauer Academy, Smith & Wesson Academy, etc. None of those instructors ever wore gloves during the classes that I took, nor did any of the students (except during handgun retention exercises with dummy guns during LFI-2). I've competed in IDPA. None of the other competitors ever wore gloves.

We're speaking from experience here. Gloves will not help you shoot better -- they will hinder it.

Last edited:
I think its all personal preference. I'm going to try it out with a pair of thin gloves like what you would wear for golf or football. If it feels too funky then I would scrap the idea, but I already know I'm gonna like it.

Some people wear socks with flip flops, some people wear sunglasses at night, and others wear gloves shooting.. To each their own... whatever you like is all that matters..

Last edited:
I'm an NRA certified firearms instructor. I've taken about 200 hours of firearms training, at places like Lethal Force Institute, Cumberland Tactics, SigSauer Academy, Smith & Wesson Academy, etc. None of those instructors ever wore gloves during the classes that I took, nor did any of the students (except during handgun retention exercises with dummy guns during LFI-2).

I'm speaking from experience here. Gloves will not help you shoot better -- they will hinder it.

Point taken. I'll weigh the pros and cons and decide out on the range.

Are you familiar with the phrase "train the way you fight, fight the way you train?"

You mean no half speed heroes? Every fight I was in happened to be on a sheet of ice with blades on my feet. I didn't get to practice bare knuckle fighting for JR hockey. You just let your adrenaline take over.

You've got to be kidding me. You want to take the advice of some anonymous, goofball, mall ninja on youtube over the advice given to me by instructors like Mas Ayoob and John Peterson?

I give up. You can lead a horse to water...

Time to edit my ignore list.

You've got to be kidding me. You want to take the advice of some anonymous, goofball, mall ninja on youtube over the advice given to me by instructors like Mas Ayoob and John Peterson?

I give up. You can lead a horse to water...

Time to edit my ignore list.

Hey bud, thats why I'm hear. I'm asking questions and finding out what people think. I'm taking all advice into consideration, even yours. I'm not a seasoned pro so I hope I'm not coming across as naive.

Not sure what your ignore list is about? You putting me on it or something?

Hey bud, thats why I'm hear. I'm asking questions and finding out what people think. I'm taking all advice into consideration, even yours. I'm not a seasoned pro so I hope I'm not coming across as naive.

Not sure what your ignore list is about? You putting me on it or something?

Uh oh....I thnk you are on the list..[rofl]

I hope I didn't ruffle any feathers because that was not my intention. Just getting familiar with my new firearm and finding out what other peoples perspectives are on certain things.

I dont think your getting the point that is being made my M1911 or myself. If you are not going to be wearing gloves when you have to employ your weapon then you should train that way or "as you fight". There isnt any advantage to wearing gloves then shooting. It actually can be detrimental as you lose some dexterity and ability to manipulate the firearm. Haha there's a reason why people keep telling you this, M1911's been shooting for a while, he isnt BSing you. For what your doing gloves arnt going to do anything for you. Trust me. Ive got allot of real world experience they have a place, but that is in a tactical environment/ training for a tactical environment. The guy in the video is a tool. If you want to be a tool send the video dude an email so you can have matching gloves.

I do not wear gloves to shoot. In the middle of january, I will most likely be wearing gloves if I have to draw my weapon, so I might learn to shoot with them just in case.
On a side note; just because someone doesn't take your advice doesn't make them stupid. A lot of panties get bunched over BS. JMO odf course. :)

I dont think your getting the point that is being made my M1911 or myself. If you are not going to be wearing gloves when you have to employ your weapon then you should train that way or "as you fight". There isnt any advantage to wearing gloves then shooting. It actually can be detrimental as you lose some dexterity and ability to manipulate the firearm. Haha there's a reason why people keep telling you this, M1911's been shooting for a while, he isnt BSing you. For what your doing gloves arnt going to do anything for you. Trust me. Ive got allot of real world experience they have a place, but that is in a tactical environment/ training for a tactical environment. The guy in the video is a tool. If you want to be a tool send the video dude an email so you can have matching gloves.

I understand your point but when did I say someone/you were BS'ing me? As far as the glove worn by the person on youtube. They look comfortable and seem to work just fine for him. I wonder if they are made of cotton or acrylic?The palm side seems to be made with a rubbery material too.

If I don't get a response from him, I'll just go with a simple mitten like
6046.jpg

how about golf gloves, they do make left and right hand gloves.

i see nothing wrong with it.

Obama has not proposed any laws against it.

JimB

Yeah, I have a pair of footjoy dryjoys that are in a pair. They are very light, flexible and have touch response.

Back
Top Bottom