H4102 is DEAD Congratulations all and thank you.

I called everyone on the list this afternoon, plus my Rep and senator

I called everyone today also. I was told by Senator Bruce Tarr's aid that Senator Tarr was apposed to the bill.
One common sense vote at least.

I emailed and started the calling but I was at work. Made it through the half of the list.

I called everyone today also. I was told by Senator Bruce Tarr's aid that Senator Tarr was apposed to the bill.
One common sense vote at least.

Yeah, but can those opposed to the Bill keep the vote from being rigged? That is the question.

Yeah, but can those opposed to the Bill keep the vote from being rigged? That is the question.

I doubt it. Sounds like they have this rigged . . . basically a secret ballot that gets "messed up" on each vote until the desired results are achieved and then miraculously they declare the vote as valid.

Politics is dirtier than anything that mere mortals can ever comprehend. [thinking]

I thouigh that today was only a" Poll" of the members to see if this should move forward or not, at least thats what I was told more than once

Yup!

Should we be making calls today as well?

Or just wait until they can "stuff the ballot box"?

It looks like shady politics at this point, they are going to figure out a way to get it passed somehow. That Karma is a bitch though.

If you have not called already, please do so. The committee members need to hear from us on this one, and need to know that on this election year, we are watching. Election day is less than 20 weeks away.

Last edited by a moderator:
God I feel so helpless and I can't believe we can't do anything right now... Yes we have November elections but the damage would be done by then.[angry2][puke][banghead]

[STRIKE]So confused....

What happened, exactly? I'll call again but I'm not sure what to say beyond "Get your shit together and learn how to count." How the F do you miscount a committee vote that only like 8 people are voting on?????[/STRIKE]

(Never mind. I missed the update in the OP....)

"SNAFU." Yep, that pretty much describes Beacon Hill.

Last edited:
So confused....

What happened, exactly? I'll call again but I'm not sure what to say beyond "Get your shit together and learn how to count." How the F do you miscount a committee vote that only like 8 people are voting on?????

"SNAFU." Yep, that pretty much describes Beacon Hill.

My totally uneducated hypothesis is that many decided to avoid this vote, and when the bill didn't proceed, two of them decided they shouldn't have abstained.

They likely assumed their fellow lunatic liberals would pass it for them... [sad2]

That's what I'm thinking, at least. That we've applied enough pressure to convince them to abstain, but not enough to vote against it.

Nice idea, but for instance, Sen. Creem is running UNOPPOSED! I suspect that many are.

How do you threaten them when their job is guaranteed? [rolleyes] [sad]

That is the problem.......however it never stops me from calling. At least at the end of the day I can look my kids in the eye and say at least I tried.....since the next generation will be left with the remains of all this stupidity.

Nice idea, but for instance, Sen. Creem is running UNOPPOSED! I suspect that many are.

How do you threaten them when their job is guaranteed? [rolleyes] [sad]

Seeing that she represents parts of Brookline, Newton and Wellesley, about the only way she could possibly be unseated is if someone even more liberal ran against her.

I hope you are all calling and emailing again.

This fight is not over.

Pick up the phone and press the numbers. Even if you did it before, do it again

Senator Cynthia Stone-Creem 617.722.1639
Senator Steven Baddour 617.722.1604
Senator Gale Candaras 617.722.1291 District Telephone 413.599.4785
Senator John Hart 617.722.1150
Senator Thomas McGee 617.722.1350
Senator Bruce Tarr 617.722.1600
Rep. Eugene O'Flaherty 617.722.2396 District Telephone 617.884.3350
Rep. Christopher Speranzo 617.722.2396 District Telephone 413.447.7225
Rep. James Fagan 617.722.2430 District Telephone 508.824.7000
Rep. Colleen Garry 617.722.2380
Rep. Marie St. Fleur 617.722.2030
Rep. John Fernandes 617.722.2396 District Telephone 508.473.3063
Rep. Katherine Clark 617.722.2220
Rep. Danielle Gregoire 617.722.2080
Rep. James Dwyer 617-722-2014

Send another email. It cannot hurt.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Last edited:
Call me a pessimist but I think they will ram this through. They don't enact the people's vote in MA (tax increase repeal), why bother with the representatives votes either?

Call me a pessimist but I think they will ram this through. They don't enact the people's vote in MA (tax increase repeal), why bother with the representatives votes either?

We've won the first battle here. We may lose the war, but so far, we're not. If people keep up the pressure, we may win enough to stop this. I think we have at least an even chance. We can win, and are doing so so far!

Back
Top Bottom