H4102 is DEAD Congratulations all and thank you.

We did not really win the first battle. I spoke to the headf blah blah at Cynthia Creems office. He said the vote should have been 6-4 in favor. It was sime sort of discrepancy and the bill will continue. Note:senator Creen is in favor of this bill.

We did not really win the first battle. I spoke to the headf blah blah at Cynthia Creems office. He said the vote should have been 6-4 in favor. It was sime sort of discrepancy and the bill will continue. Note:senator Creen is in favor of this bill.

Note that SHE was the SPONSOR of this bill!

Emails sent to all.

If time permits, calls will be made.

I sent an email to Jay Severin about this. Hopefully he'll pick up on it and help get the word out.[thinking]

Maybe if more of us email or call him, he might just help get the word out to the law abiding citizens of this state about this travesty of a bill!

his email: [email protected]

Oh nice thinking about Jay! Send a CC to Michael Graham as well.

I've spoken to many of the aids and while some were completely neutral others were extremely excited to say they were opposed. Some even knew what bill I was calling about before I even said a word. Our message IS getting through but don't let that stop you from calling and emailing. Every call helps. Also don't forget to call their district office if you don't get through to the statehouse office, but make sure you leave a message. Hang up calls don't count.

KEEP THE PRESSURE ON!

Just got a response from Jay's asst.

William, do you want to give use a ring during the show to bring this to light? Say 4:15? Let me know.

I can't do it as I've got appts. during this timeframe. I replied that I know plenty of others that would be willing to call though. Plus I suggested that they call Jim at GOAL

Here's the email that I got the response from:
"Elbe D'Oliveira" <[email protected]

GET THE WORD OUT!!! [wink]

Just got a response from Jay's asst.

I can't do it as I've got appts. during this timeframe. I replied that I know plenty of others that would be willing to call though. Plus I suggested that they call Jim at GOAL

Here's the email that I got the response from:
"Elbe D'Oliveira" <[email protected]

GET THE WORD OUT!!! [wink]

Jim is on it, and will be on hold waiting his turn to speak with Jay starting at 4pm. Listen in!

Woo that was a fun half hour. Here's a break down:

Senator Baddour abstained in the earlier vote but is AGAINST this bill after speaking with one of his aides. His aide was very supportive.
Senator Hart voted in favor of it in the previous vote. I could not get a reason frmo the phone rep as to why he voted this way.
Senator McGee voted in favor in the previous vote. Aide said this was a "public safety concern"
Senator tarr is opposed. A blessing on his home.
Rep O'Flaherty's office knew the number before I even had to say it! But no idea what his position is, but we're making a dent folks!
Rep Speranzo did not pick up the phone at the state house. They also did not pick up at their district office.
Rep Fagan is opposed. May he see many reelections.
Rep Garry has told the chairman that she is opposed to this bill. May she continue to uphold the constitution of these united states.
Rep St. Fleur did not pick up
Rep clark did not pick up
Rep Gregoire is supposedly opposed with the bill. She felt that it was punishing law abiding gun owners. Good for her.
Rep Dwyer is against it. He will vote no for this bill if it comes back. Good for him.
Rep Fernandes did not pick up.

Senator Baddour abstained in the earlier vote but is AGAINST this bill after speaking with one of his aides. His aide was very supportive.
Senator Hart voted in favor of it in the previous vote. I could not get a reason frmo the phone rep as to why he voted this way.
Senator McGee voted in favor in the previous vote. Aide said this was a "public safety concern"
Rep O'Flaherty's office knew the number before I even had to say it! But no idea what his position is, but we're making a dent folks!
Rep Speranzo did not pick up the phone at the state house. They also did not pick up at their district office.
Rep Garry has told the chairman that she is opposed to this bill. May she continue to uphold the constitution of these united states.
Rep Gregoire is supposedly opposed with the bill. She felt that it was punishing law abiding gun owners. Good for her.
Rep Dwyer is against it. He will vote no for this bill if it comes back. Good for him.

Great work Leo! by my count that's 6 in opposition and 2 in favors out of 13 contacted.

Good news indeed. Reps to you!

Emailed. Again.

Here's what I said this time:

H.4102 “An Act to Reduce Firearm Violence”, won't. This is an expensive law that will be impossible to enforce. Anybody inclined to break the law can easily skirt it. Straw purchases are already illegal, making them more illegal will do nothing to prevent violence.

Massachusetts already has strict licensing requirements, and anybody purchasing more than one gun at a time is by law already reported to the ATF. Guns used in crimes come from out of state, or were stolen from their lawful owners in Massachusetts. In-state straw purchases are NOT the problem.

This bill is a typical poorly-conceived reactionary piece of legislation that will do nothing to "reduce violence", and blames lawful gun owners for crime. I'm a lawful gun owner, and I resent being blamed for the problems in Boston.

Regards,

EC

Good news...FWIW I have not been able to reach Clark by phone (ever!) and they would not comment on either bill when I emailed them earlier in the week (for / against).

I kept mine short and sweet:

Greetings,

I am writing to urge you to oppose H4102. This is nothing but a "feel good" legislation that will do NOTHING to curtail gun violence. There are NO studies or empirical data that suggest that this type legislation has ANY effect on gun crimes. The only thing this will accomplish is a further restriction on the rights of the commonwealth's most lawful citizens, licensed gun owners.

Respectfully,

OK I'll admit I'm not sure how this voting works. for the results do they go by just those who voted or does a certain % of the 17 voters have to be met?

missed the radio show and emailed again.

I'm sorry to admit a fault of mine, i don't make these types of calls. it's not for lack of wanting to, it's because of my shyness (i think). I get tongue tied and can't speak clearly, i also can't remember what facts info that i want to make during these calls. I write the info down which helps but it is the tongue tying that stops me. we all have failings and sadly this is one of mine. we can't all be gung ho gangbusters. i'm admitting this in the hope that others like me who read this will at least do as i am doing and send the emails.

Back
Top Bottom