H4102 is DEAD Congratulations all and thank you.

Emails sent. I may have been a little aggressive in what I wrote, although still polite. Probably due to having "Bring Forth the Guillotine" playing while I wrote it. British hip-hop is the best.

And that's EXACTLY why you are in your current situation. When you give up, the pols start thinking they are doing the right thing since no one is speaking out.

Please spare me!!! I'll check back and see your thoughts when you get the One Gun A Month passed. The real reason is that all politicians lie and will say anything to get elected and then turn and run. Best example is the healthcare bill. The whole country was against it and they the politicians did not listen to the people. Your case is no different.

Last edited:
Come on. Do you really think the NRA would be for this law? They will campaign for you guys in Ma like they did for us in NJ. Another group that does nothing but send out emails. God forbid they would get involved!

Email I received today from the assistant of my rep, Katherine Clark. I asked for the position of my rep on each bill - either 'for' or 'against':
--
Hello MA_Shooter,

I will reach out to GOAL and Jim Wallace to learn more about H. 2259. He always has very informative resources to utilize. Thank you for bringing it to Rep. Clark’s attention.

Once Rep. Clark has reviewed the bills and has a position, I will pass along that information.

Have a wonderful day!

Best,

Katherine

Office of Representative Katherine Clark
State House, Room 254
http://www.staterepkatherineclark.com

Come on. Do you really think the NRA would be for this law? They will campaign for you guys in Ma like they did for us in NJ. Another group that does nothing but send out emails. God forbid they would get involved!

Guess What! We are getting more involved every day.
Pray that we continue to work through those processes available to us.[grin]

I hope everyone who is posting about this bill has called and sent emails. If not, why haven't you?

OK, turns out they "mailed the vote in" on this one, in other words the committee has and is voting on this without getting together for discussion.

We are expecting the results of the vote TODAY, most likely late this afternoon!

If you have not already please call the committee members and let them know that you are a MA voter and that you are opposed to this legislation.

We will let you know as soon as we have something to report.

Stay tuned.

OK, turns out they "mailed the vote in" on this one, in other words the committee has and is voting on this without getting together for discussion.

We are expecting the results of the vote TODAY, most likely late this afternoon!

If you have not already please call the committee members and let them know that you are a MA voter and that you are opposed to this legislation.

We will let you know as soon as we have something to report.

Stay tuned.

Is this typical or a sneaky way to slip something through? If there is a majority of people that vote 'yes', does that mean the law goes into effect or will it be brought forth for a formal vote by all members?

It can never hurt. Before you go give them a call and find out if they are there, and also, if they are, if they have voted already. No sense wasting your time if the vote is already in.

Is this typical or a sneaky way to slip something through? If there is a majority of people that vote 'yes', does that mean the law goes into effect or will it be brought forth for a formal vote by all members?

This is fairly normal.

Once again, if this gets voted on favorably by the committee it will go to the house for discussion, at which point we can all hold each of our representatives accountable for the way they vote, this being an election year, many of our legislators are listening, as was seen with the Senate's recent vote on Illegal Immigration.

Rep Clark is "reviewing both sides" but "has not made a decision yet." The aide that answered the phone did say that she has received and reviewed the information sent to her by Jim. Thanks again Jim, Mike and everyone at GOAL!

Emails sent, can't call right now unfortunately.

edited to add:

O'Flaherty, Gregoire, and Hart gave instant "Out of Office" replies.

Emails sent, can't call right now unfortunately.

edited to add:

O'Flaherty, Gregoire, and Hart gave instant "Out of Office" replies.

Same situation. Two of the auto-replies say that unless you are a constituent, they will not reply. That is not unexpected.

Hopefully by now, everyone has emailed, called, walked, whatever, and made their votes known.

Time for a "idle speculation/holding our breath" thread?

Looks like they are going to have a recount, possibly tomorrow. Not sure how you mess up voting with that few people but they managed.
Lawmakers’ snafu delays vote on Gov. Patrick gun bill

A botched legislative vote today on Gov. Deval Patrick’s gun crackdown in the Bay State means the bill is on hold once again.

The legislation, sparked by gun violence in the Hub, would limit gun purchases to one a month per person. Lawmakers were supposed to vote the bill out of the judiciary committee today — but the committee failed to count two late votes, meaning members must vote again.

The bill faces an uphill battle in both the House and Senate because some lawmakers aren’t sure if it targets the street violence it’s meant to curb.

“The only way to tackle gang violence is by having aggressive law enforcement, not a feel-good piece of legislation,” said Sen. Steve Baddour (D-Methuen), who is vice chair of the legislative judiciary committee that axed the measure.

Patrick recently called for passage of the legislation after 14-year-old Jaewon Martin honors student was gunned last month as he and a friend were playing at a basketball court at the Bromley-Heath housing project.

The governor the filed legislation last year. It’s meant to tackle the problems of violence and illegal firearms following a series of recent shootings in the Bay State. The bill would also ensure no one but a machine gun’s owner or police can handle the automatic weapon after 8-year-old Christopher Bizilj lost control of the Uzi in his hands and died at an Oct. 2008 gun show.

Many lawmakers were concerned that the bill was a violation of basic constitutional freedoms.

“I’d like to vote for a bill which would have a direct and immediate impact on gun violence, but I have concerns … (about) whether the gun law is constitutional,” said Sen. Gail Candaras (D-Wilbraham), who also sits on the judiciary committee.

Katie Carlin contributed to this report

"Never let a crisis go to waste." - Rahm Emmanuel

Sounds like Patrick using one of Emmanuel's signature play.

Peaceable gun owners aren't the problem. It's criminals. Fight the criminals. Sadly, some criminals have guns. There's little we can do about it other than to enact tough penalties for those convicted and to lessen the burden of becoming a responsible gun owner (life time licensing, do not charge for licenses, etc.)

For some reason I don't like the smell of this "recount." I'm leery of how something this simple can not be accomplished correctly. Maybe they keep voting until it comes out "RIGHT."

For some reason I don't like the smell of this "recount." I'm leery of how something this simple can not be accomplished correctly. Maybe they keep voting until it comes out "RIGHT."

And I bet Patrick isn't sitting there patiently waiting either. He is without doubt looking to buy votes. Politicians disgust me.

i don't like, not one bit.

in fact i hate the goobermint, it's all about the money. money talks [STRIKE]bullsh[/STRIKE] the people walk.
This state has gone one step worse than simple monetary corruption of the political system. The people of this state have given the government unfettered license and power to do anything so long as they claim they are "fixing" something...

Far more dangerous than pay for play... This sort of bread and circus destroys civilizations...

Back
Top Bottom