H&K Will Not Sell to Israel

"The company has pledged no longer to sell arms into warzones or to countries that violate corruption and democracy standards, including Saudi Arabia, Israel, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia, or any African countries.

Though never officially announced, the new strategy was included in Heckler & Koch’s latest yearly financial report, and confirmed at an annual general meeting in August. A spokesman said that the firm had “withdrawn from the crisis regions of this world”.

Heckler & Koch – sometimes called Germany’s deadliest company by activists – said it would now sell only to “green countries,” which it defined according to three criteria: membership of Nato or “Nato-equivalent” (Japan, Switzerland, Australia and New Zealand); Transparency International’s corruption perceptions index; and the Economist Intelligence Unit’s democracy index."
"Look, almost no one gives a damn if H&K refuses to sell to Egypt, Saudi Arabia, or Indonesia. No one really cares if they refuse to sell to any nation in Africa.

Yet American gun owners, the very people who create the U.S. civilian market that H&K supposed wants deeper penetration into, are typically conservative politically and tend to stand behind Israel. The idea of cutting off the West’s one faithful ally in a deeply troubled region won’t sit well with many in the firearms community."

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2017/...-no-longer-sell-weapons-country-among-others/

The sad part is those countries don't give a shit.They will just buy somewhere else.

So Israel will find someone else to buy guns from.
Maybe I'm missing something but they have been pretty good at getting armorment for some time now...

nothingburger. shot a tavor lately? i'd say the israelis are doing just fine with gun building. they will survive just fine without HK's help.

OR were you taking issue with the fact that IMI makes better guns than the huns (H&K)?

There's nothing "factual" there... it's only subjective opinion.

I will agree that Germany needs someone else in power and this was another dumb move by H&K business Exec's...

Turkey and Israel make their own firearms, and are of high quality....

Israel violates "Democracy standards", most-likely. No real surprise there. US Foreign Policy does the same thing (or is supposed-to) WRT other countries and the goods we sell abroad. Our ITAR Laws deal with these "corruption/democracy" issues all the time - you'd be amazed at what isn't sold to 'foreigners' because of ITAR.

H&K may want to reconsider their stance on this. Someone posted earlier that they are moving towards the consumer market, and that market is dominated by America which is a pretty pro-Israel place. I would say that I am not planning to buy H&K guns now, but the truth is I wasn't planning to before so....

This isn't an anti-Israel move on HK's part: Israel is one of multiple countries impacted. This is really HK showing their euroweenie side. Companies operating in Europe live by a different set of social and legal norms than the rest of the world.

Well that ends ALL of my business with HK. **** them and the horse they rode in on. ****ing nazis will never change

You're acting like a leftist. Oh how convenient it is that the article and the title of this thread names only one of the 61 Countries they choose not to sell to. HK chose not to sell to 60 other countries in BLANKET POLICY move, yet they are nazi's. Grow up

So....are we boycotting them or not?

Does it matter if I never cared about HK before? Do I have to be outraged, or can I be apathetic about them (like S&W quality control).

Not sure how you can draw that conclusion based on H&K lumping Isreal in with fine upstanding nations like the ones listed below

The fact that they're lumped in with other countries at all supports the conclusion. And since when is Israel a bastion of democracy, and not a de facto warzone?

Isreal violates "Democracy Standards"?

I cant wait to hear you elaborate on this nugget

Isreal treats arab citizens of isreal as equal citizens.....they vote, hold office and are equal citizens

Yea, I'm sure those Arabs just LOVE the State of Israel. Been to the West Bank and the Gaza Strip lately? They might have differing opinions regarding the 'occupation'.

I'm rather surprised that Israelis even BUY German guns.....I would think they'd really rather-not, and prefer to keep their money "in-country", not fiscally support a Nation's economy that plundered and gassed over Six Million of their people. It's like an American buying guns made in North Korea or China or Russia....oops!

You posted on a public forum making an assertion that voting with your dollars is somehow "acting like a leftist"

Did you really not expect a response from other people to an absurd statement like the one you made?

If you dont want to see responses then next time send a personal message instead of posting on a public forum

You must be a boomer. That is the only explanation. If you read my post, you would clearly see that I was responding to his accusation that HK (a company not founded until after the war) of being Nazi's. A leftist tactic. My point was reiterated in my last sentence.

This is fine by me. Israel is not a friend of the West, no matter what the neocons tell you. I already liked H&K and will continue to support them.

Wikipedia....really?

Cant you do better than that?

Isreal hasnt even acknowledged that they have the bomb in all the decades that its been well known that they posess it

Is that really what you're going with? You will find plenty of sources in the article. While it is not something that is discussed often, the Samson Option is definitely a thing that exists.

Nations have Interests not Friends

US's "Interests" and that of Isreal frequently coincide....particularly because they are the only country in the region that isnt chock full of shit bag tyrants that support radical islamic terrorism

I find it interesting that the region was a lot quieter before the United States and Israel's "Interests" aligned, and those dictators starting dropping off one by one.

Wrong on all points

Ok so calling people Nazi's isn't a leftist tactic? And him doing so was an accurate assessment of H&K? Are people to the right of Karl Marx Nazi's? Is Yair Netanyahu a Nazi? Are people upset about the 34 United States Military men killed on the USS Liberty by the Israeli Military Nazi's?

What is a Nazi JpK?

If someone cant do better than wikipedia then I'm not wasting my time on it

Wikipedia......[rofl]

I assume you're going to provide a source that disproves the Samson Option? Or are you just going to continue with "muh wikipedia"? You have not done anything to counter or disprove what I said.

Back
Top Bottom