• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

H&K Magazine prices

WanMan99

NES Life Member
NES Member
Recently purchased a P30 in 9mm. Comes with 2 x 10rd magazines. I always have 4 x magazines for my pistols so I started searching around to pick up 2 more. I searched for 2 days and not one store had them in stock... So I signed up for a "notify me by email when they come in"... Got the email today, $55.95 each for a Mass crippled 10rd magazine.. 15 rd mags were $31.95.
Damn expensive hobby we got here folks.... (and yes, I did buy the 10 rd ones).

That's HK. Their magazine prices are just stupid.

"HK. Because you suck... and we hate you."

I'm surprised MecGar hasn't tooled up and started making HK mags, they could probably make a killing. Of course there's probably some patent or some other BS that they might violate in the process, so they probably haven't bothered. I get the distinct impression that companies like Sig, CZ, and Beretta are less obnoxious about protecting the IP on their magazines...

-Mike

Try buying 10-round M&P magazines. 9mm, .40, 15-22, they're all rarer than hen's teeth and expensive as all get-out.

Let's put it this way: I'm glad I scooped two mags at Pullman when they were $35-ish because that was at least $10 cheaper than I'd seen them anywhere else. And don't get me started on 15-22 mags on eBay.

Try buying 10-round M&P magazines. 9mm, .40, 15-22, they're all rarer than hen's teeth and expensive as all get-out.

Let's put it this way: I'm glad I scooped two mags at Pullman when they were $35-ish because that was at least $10 cheaper than I'd seen them anywhere else. And don't get me started on 15-22 mags on eBay.

Yeah, but those prices are due to the fact that S&W simply doesn't produce enough magazines. With the M&P mags there is actual scarcity in the market. HK prices just suck because they're HK, and even when the market is flooded with their mags, they are still expensive.

This is one area where S&W needs to get their crap together.... it's trivially easy to find XD and Glock mags at reasonable prices.

The only time HK mags were ever cheap was for a few years after the ban ended at the federal level, nobody wanted the 10 round magazines for anything, so Cal's and other places were dumping the 10s on the market for cheap money just to get rid of them. I remember buying 10 round USPc .40 mags for like $13 apiece and USP .45 10 round mags for like $25.

-Mike

Yeah, but those prices are due to the fact that S&W simply doesn't produce enough magazines. With the M&P mags there is actual scarcity in the market. HK prices just suck because they're HK, and even when the market is flooded with their mags, they are still expensive.

I think the situation is the same with HK. Look at the price on the 15 rounders vs. the 10s.

http://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/p30/

WanMan99;3540766[h=2 said:
H&K Magazine prices
Recently purchased a P30 in 9mm. Comes with 2 x 10rd magazines. I always have 4 x magazines for my pistols so I started searching around to pick up 2 more. I searched for 2 days and not one store had them in stock... So I signed up for a "notify me by email when they come in"... Got the email today, $55.95 each for a Mass crippled 10rd magazine.. 15 rd mags were $31.95.
Damn expensive hobby we got here folks.... (and yes, I did buy the 10 rd ones).

I think the situation is the same with HK. Look at the price on the 15 rounders vs. the 10s.

http://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/p30/

Ok, i think we've come back around. Everybody off. [wink]

i paid $60 for my P30 mags. because i wanted them. HKparts gave it to me all right.

you want it? they've got it, but how bad do you want it? you'll pay for it.

i flipped my single 10 rounder back in MA for fiddy dolla.

The prices on HKparts.net are insane. $89.95 for a single 12-round Mark 23 mag. WTF!!!

MidwayUSA is cheaper: $59.99

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/09/02/hk-hate-you-import-export-laws-vs-people/
H&K Does Not Hate You: Import and Export Laws Vs. The People

Only $60? Such bahgan. I'll take 12.

As for firearms import laws, that's a bunch of crap. SIG set up a separate company in the US and they make rifles in the US. If HK wanted to do, they could do the same. But they don't want to. Screw 'em.

Only $60? Such bahgan. I'll take 12.

As for firearms import laws, that's a bunch of crap. SIG set up a separate company in the US and they make rifles in the US. If HK wanted to do, they could do the same. But they don't want to. Screw 'em.

It took SIG quite awhile to get that going and even longer to sell the rifles that people really wanted.

HK deserves at least some credit for fighting the import laws.

Sig USA's rifles are poop from what I've read. Have you seen the issues with the 551-A1? Atrocious fit & finish for a gun that costs over a grand. Quality control seems to be quite lax are their stateside facility, which is incredibly upsetting considering how much I want a 551-A1.

And since Sig is no longer Swiss and is now owned by the Teutons, who knows what else may happen to Sig.

Blaming HK for not groveling to the shooting community in the USA by conforming to import laws or setting up shop in the US is like shitting on every manufacturer (who interestingly enough tend to be smaller companies) that doesn't bother certifying their guns for MA compliance. Why are we blaming the companies and not the bogus laws?

Back
Top Bottom