• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guy blows up machine gun at Manchester Firing Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's to hoping its a fake.

I've been to MFL a few times and purchased my first gun there. The crew there has always treated my friends and I with respect.

If it is real, its very good to hear that everyone's okay.

The first thing that comes to my mind is Nashmack. It just sounds a little far-fetched. And I hope it is made up, for the sake of everyone supposedly involved. If it is legit, wow, my sympathies to all.

Nashmack.

[rofl]

my verdict?

bsflag.gif

i felt that MFL did a great job when i rented a MG. i've shot MGs but not the MP5k i rented and the associate took some time to show me exactly how to operate the firearm.

i just do not see this happening at MFL.

Yea, I've been there twice, or maybe 3 times? I shot the MP5SD, UMP, and Thompson, all of which came with excellent info on proper handling and operation from the staff before taking the guns to the line.

Sounds fishy, interested to see what Jim has to say.

Who doesn't check to make sure they're feeding the right ammo before firing? Why trust the guy behind the counter? Anyone can make a mistake. It up to you to keep yourself safe.

Last edited:
"I blew up a $5000 subgun," means you blew up a Sten, not an HK.
If it's a post May dealer sample, the price could be reasonable. The super high prices are for the pre-May 86 transferrables and, to a lesser extent, the pre May 86 dealer samples.

If it's a post May dealer sample, the price could be reasonable. The super high prices are for the pre-May 86 transferrables and, to a lesser extent, the pre May 86 dealer samples.

I'll take your word for it. I guess I just haven't seen many HK's in that price range (select fire, that is).

I'll take your word for it. I guess I just haven't seen many HK's in that price range (select fire, that is).
A "post may dealer sample" is only available to dealers; may only be transferred to the dealer if (s)he gets a LE agency letter requesting a demo (even green towns in MA file the inevitable slew of these in the wastebasket), and may not be retained by the dealer when (s)he goes out of business. Post may samples must be transferred to a another eligible dealer, possibly a manufacturer, de-milled, or forfeited to the crown.

The very high select fire prize is for "pre may 86 registered full auto", pre-may dealers samples (which a dealer may retain when going out of business) command a smaller premium, and post may samples have an even smaller premium (the limiting factors being the LE demo letter and voluntary restrictions some manufacturers place on the channels through which they sell full auto to LE/Govt agencies).

In general, if you see a small time NFA dealer with a post-86 dealer sample, it means that he is well connected with an agency that gave him the letter - as even small PD's don't generally buy their full autos from the small operations.

If this is true, then I'm glad he wasn't hurt worse. I don't know the guy who posted the story (not you rich). I would assume that it would be in the news paper. Anyone get the Manchester Union Leader?

There's nothing on the WMUR website. The whole story sounds fishy. Remember what Ronald Reagan said "Trust, but verify" I have yet to see any other source cited beyond the one post on the discussion group cited at the head of this thread. "It must be true, I read it on the internet" Anyone want to take the time to call MFL and see if it is true???? I'm not buying it without verification

Gunner

It happened six months ago and he is posting it now? The guy apparently wasn't hurt as he was able to shoot another MG with ammo for free until they left the range. [rolleyes]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom