• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gunsmith to drill & tap a Ruger Mark II?

S&WMan

NES Member
Hi
I'm looking for recommendations on a gunsmith to drill and tap a Ruger Mark II for a scope rail. Has anyone else had this done? I'd like to add a scope rail like the new Ruger Mark III. Looking for a smith in North MA South NH area.
Thanks

Hi
I'm looking for recommendations on a gunsmith to drill and tap a Ruger Mark II for a scope rail. Has anyone else had this done? I'd like to add a scope rail like the new Ruger Mark III. Looking for a smith in North MA South NH area.
Thanks

Do you even need to? My Mark II came drilled and tapped. Not that I used it; my scope mount clamps to the receiver, allowing me to use both the target sights AND the scope.

For an easier solution, you can get a scope rail that installs where the rear sight attaches. Weigand Combat sells one for about $40. It the second item down on this page.

I bought one of these for my MKII. Looked lilke a nice piece of hardware, but I couldn't use it. Try as I might I couldn't get the rear sight out! Rather than break the gun I gave up and bought another for bullseye. Now I use the MKII as a back up and for teaching new folks.

I bought one of these for my MKII. Looked lilke a nice piece of hardware, but I couldn't use it. Try as I might I couldn't get the rear sight out! Rather than break the gun I gave up and bought another for bullseye. Now I use the MKII as a back up and for teaching new folks.

Hey, thanks for the heads-up!

I'll try to remove my rear sight before I order one.

Back
Top Bottom