Gunsite Scout Rifle Vs Mini-14

So my dad and I are buying are first gun we know that we are either getting ruger gunsite scout rifle or Mini-14. Which one do you guys think would be better? Any ideas, I'm really keen on scout rifle and if any of you guys know of larger mags for it (more than 10) that would be great![smile]

So my dad and I are buying are first gun we know that we are either getting ruger gunsite scout rifle or Mini-14. Which one do you guys think would be better? Any ideas, I'm really keen on scout rifle and if any of you guys know of larger mags for it (more than 10) that would be great![smile]
Well some Pest control, plinking, and if need be home defense. We both want a gun with a little punch thats why we are not getting a .22

AR platform my dad doesn't like because it looks like a assault rifle and he doesn't want people to think he a gunman or something and yes I know how stupid it sounds but its true.

AR platform my dad doesn't like because it looks like a assault rifle and he doesn't want people to think he a gunman or something and yes I know how stupid it sounds but its true.

that is the stupidest thing I have heard all day.

Go buy the scout rifle and then buy a used Remington 870 for home defense.

r-15vtrpredatorcarbine-cs-prod.ashx

.308 for pest control is a little excessive, unless your pest is a person at 200+ yards. I agree with others that recommend checking out an AR - that would be much more well-rounded for what you'd like to use it for.

Yeah I Know there are TONS of choices for guns out there but we know we want ruger gun. He does not want ANYTHING that looks like AR or tactical right now

It's completely stupid way of thinking, particularly given that the mini-14 has been used in two or three different mass shootings, IIRC.

So if he wants as gun to look "less killy" then one of his choices REALLY sucks. on that basis.

He might want to set aside the BS idea of what someone else will think of his gun, anyways, as the whole idea is fundamentally stupid.

-Mike

This is true. He could go for an AK. Only the media thinks those are assault rifles. Everyone else knows that if you own one, you're a goat raping, illiterate, mud hut dwelling, sexual deviant who uses Unicef editions of Das Kapital and the Koran as doorstops. If you could afford a door or were smart enough to make one.

Unless NE-GunNut's dad is anti goat herder, an AK would definately be better than a full battle cartridged rifle. lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

It's completely stupid way of thinking, particularly given that the mini-14 has been used in two or three different mass shootings, IIRC.

So if he wants as gun to look "less killy" then one of his choices REALLY sucks. on that basis.

He might want to set aside the BS idea of what someone else will think of his gun, anyways, as the whole idea is fundamentally stupid.

-Mike

Exactly. NE-GunNut, what is your dad planning on doing or going that he needs to worry about someone thinking its too assaulty looking?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

People to stop all of the Questions let me tell you all about this.

1. My dad and I need a gun that between .223 and .308 caliber

2. Long before we wanted a Ruger firearm

3. It was a gun that had at least a 10 round clip and a price range between 650-950 bucks

4. Easy maintenance (why I like bolt-action)

5. I don't the AR platform because of maintenance

6. My dad does not like to own a assault rifle looking gun

7. I know how stupid that sounds

You might want to consider doing a little more research with your dad. If how a rifle looks is a bigger consideration than how it functions at what you need it for, you may want to take a bit more time looking into your options before spending your hard earned money. IMO the AR platform addresses what you're looking for and more, and can be dressed up if looks are really an issue. Case and point...

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/119/4f04abfdfc27489f9239f931c05f411f/l.jpg

EDIT: Can't get the damned pic to post via my phone, and don't have the time to play with the HTML.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom