Gunsite Scout Rifle Vs Mini-14

Or - you can have the best of both worlds. A Garand - that shoots .22LR.

I saw this on another thread here on NES - A rimfire Garand:

http://www.shootingtimes.com/2011/06/09/22-rimfire-garand-parts-list/

A perfect project for a 16 year old to learn about guns and being "handy". Look on the CMP forum classifieds for Garand receiver pieces for the heel part of the receiver. I've seen them on there before.

.22's are awesome but for what I need its not going to cut it exactly. My Dad has a Marlin .22 so the need isn't exactly a rifle that shoots .22 I already own an 1187 and I just wanted to get a bigger caliber rifle i.e. 762x39 or .223 or .308 I have been shooting since I was about 3 or 4 so I know a good deal regarding ballistics and mechanics of rifles. Would you happen to know about the Saiga Sporter? Is it FID legal?

What about a Ruger 99/44 Deerfield Carbine.. great all around rifle its like a 10/22 on HGH

I have one, your not lying when you say its like a 10/22 on HGH. Its fun to shoot every once an a while. I dont know if its the best choice for someone with an FID card(if you live in MA)

Heres the catch. I forget which one it is, but I think you cant buy pistol ammo because its an FID or because your under 21. Im pretty sure I remember Walmart having a sign saying you cant buy pistol ammo if your under 21.

I could be wrong, my memory is a little blurry. [grin]

I have one, your not lying when you say its like a 10/22 on HGH. Its fun to shoot every once an a while. I dont know if its the best choice for someone with an FID card(if you live in MA)

Heres the catch. I forget which one it is, but I think you cant buy pistol ammo because its an FID or because your under 21. Im pretty sure I remember Walmart having a sign saying you cant buy pistol ammo if your under 21.

The original poster lives in Amherst NH so he wouldn't have to worry about an FID. But on that note Amherst is a shotgun, muzzle loading, and handgun caliber only restricted zone he might get in trouble with the mini 14 or scout 308 shooting his pests

So Ive heard, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsZtloDLclk That video proves your point exactly

Sitting at the range with a few hundred rounds for 15 bucks and making soda cans dance all over the berm after work is a great way to spend an afternoon.

$15? Must be working off old stock then. Even the 550 packs of bulk Federal are $20 at Wally World now [sad2]

$15? Must be working off old stock then. Even the 550 packs of bulk Federal are $20 at Wally World now [sad2]

I could have sworn I picked up one of those Federal 333 packs for like 15 bucks last time I was there. I may be making that up though, I do have terrible memory lately.

Back
Top Bottom