• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guns that never should have been discontinued

Marlin Camp 9 and Ruger 44 mag carbine
Have the ruger 44 carbine

I'd give my eye teeth for a marlin camp.....but I'd get the camp 45.....cuz 1911 mags.

I've been saying as soon as ruger releases its pcc in 45acp I'm buying.....I highly doubt they will take 1911 mags though.

Last edited:
Ok, not modern I know but the Savage Model 1907 pistol. I’ve mentioned it in another thread. I just love the ergonomics.

Pencil barrels, half-dime sights and round butts on Smith & Wesson revolvers too.

An acquired taste but I always had a soft spot for the Ruger #3

usedgun_101242826_main

+1 for the AR-180.

My input is all the Sig P220 variants that have been shelved. Specifically, P220 Compact for me. If you are a 45 fan and want to IWB carry it is a very nice option. Despite being compact, having a little heft from the steel frame plus a trigger that is light years better than any striker fired makes it a great shooter.

S&W 547
9mm revolver without moon clips. It used a special ejector that worked with rimless cases. Supposedly a PIA to manufacture but with modern machinery and materials I bet they could make this again and expand it to J frames too.

S&W model 16. K frame 32 H&R magnum. They could easily make it 327 now.

S&W 547
9mm revolver without moon clips. It used a special ejector that worked with rimless cases. Supposedly a PIA to manufacture but with modern machinery and materials I bet they could make this again and expand it to J frames too.

S&W model 16. K frame 32 H&R magnum. They could easily make it 327 now.
Holy crap- those 547's are going for big bucks on GB.

Holy crap- those 547's are going for big bucks on GB.
You ain’t kidding. My buddy got a gorgeous one from auction. Well upon inspection it’s unfired so into the safe it went. I still haven’t shot one.
I guess I could add the Medusa 47 in here too. Talk about a cool concept and a supposedly super strong revolver. I didn’t want to pay 1k for one when I first heard of them. I would pay 2k in a heartbeat now. Last I knew they were about 5k a pop

Marlin Camp 9 and Ruger 44 mag carbine
I could never figure out why Marlin never brought back the Camp 9 and Camp 45. They're fun and popular little PCCs that use easy to find magazines and that are easy to work on.
I'm fortunate to have one of each, and I shoot both regularly.

I could never figure out why Marlin never brought back the Camp 9 and Camp 45. They're fun and popular little PCCs that use easy to find magazines and that are easy to work on.
I'm fortunate to have one of each, and I shoot both regularly.
I've only tried a camp 45 a guy at the club let me shoot a year ago. Does the camp 9 launch spent brass 50 feet like the camp 45 does?

The S&W Third Generation. They should have reworked them, tightened up the selection and modernized the features and kept the line going like Sig has with the 220/226. I'd fall all over myself to buy a 5906, 6906 and CS9 (or.40, .45 or 10) with, for example, rails, multiple grip and finish options and optics cuts.

Sig 556.
I still kick myself for selling that rifle. I got a stupid good deal on it in a group buy here on NES.
American Weapons System was just starting out and to become an authorized Sig dealer he had to place a minimum order. He sold the rifles at basically cost.

I sold it to a customer/ friend that I still see all the time, for a wicked good price. I tell him I want to buy it back every time I see him.

Back
Top Bottom