Guns and Explosives found in AYER home...

If no charges have been filed who knows why they are gojng through his house. My guess is hes a horder though considering the hazmat suits, masks, and the claim thatbhe has lawn mowers and snow blowers inside, etc.

Seems rediculous to me, but there may be more to this story (someone with permission authorized this).

It disgusts me what the media will do for a story, and what someone will say about their neighbors and how enthusiastic they will be about it. Nightcrawler is probably closer to reality than we would like to admit.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Yet another reason for a good gun safe.

A gun safe will not protect your guns from a warranted or highly motivated unwarranted search, but will make it less practical for police doing a "welfare check", or present at an ambulance call, to take the guns with them for "safekeeping".

If this guy really had live grenades/C4/unregistered NFA items, his case will hinge on the legality of the search.

I like how the newsreel features a loop of some guy bringing out the same 6 guns over and over again... nice editing... [rofl]

Yet another reason for a good gun safe.

Yes, and then "disguise the safe(s) too. Old armoires/wardrobe closets are cheap at auction/Craigslist. Knock out the back and hinge it, there are many ways to modify existing very inexpensive but nice hardwood "furniture" that can easily be modified to hide a safe in-plain-sight. Even a long gun safe inside of a Hope Chest works well too. It provides a layer of "don't care" to observers.

A gun safe will not protect your guns from a warranted or highly motivated unwarranted search, but will make it less practical for police doing a "welfare check", or present at an ambulance call, to take the guns with them for "safekeeping".

If this guy really had live grenades/C4/unregistered NFA items, his case will hinge on the legality of the search.

Moral of the story, guns don't shoot by themselves otherwise they wouldn't be confiscated while you're getting kidney stones removed.

If no charges have been filed who knows why they are gojng through his house. My guess is hes a horder though considering the hazmat suits, masks, and the claim thatbhe has lawn mowers and snow blowers inside, etc.

Seems rediculous to me, but there may be more to this story (someone with permission authorized this).

It disgusts me what the media will do for a story, and what someone will say about their neighbors and how enthusiastic they will be about it. Nightcrawler is probably closer to reality than we would like to admit.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

probably moved his snowblower and lawn mower inside so no one would steal his shit!

So, this makes it ok to go and violate his 4A rights and then his 2A rights?
Did they actually find anything illegal.

They probably have a right to make a warrantless entry for a safety check but it is more than likely they walked around the house, looked in the windows, and saw unsecured firearms in plain sight. 4th amendment is out the window at that point. Once the sky is falling reporters move on to the next falling sky, the local PD will file a criminal complaint in District Court for improper storage at a minimum. I'm sure his LTC has already been pulled if he had one so his pistols and high capacity firearms are history. $20,000 later he will eventually get back his shotguns and single shots.

They always manage to find some genius neighbor who says something like "I had no idea he had that many guns!!"
No shit! Because its none of your freaking business - and still isn't!

They probably have a right to make a warrantless entry for a safety check but it is more than likely they walked around the house, looked in the windows, and saw unsecured firearms in plain sight. 4th amendment is out the window at that point. Once the sky is falling reporters move on to the next falling sky, the local PD will file a criminal complaint in District Court for improper storage at a minimum. I'm sure his LTC has already been pulled if he had one so his pistols and high capacity firearms are history. $20,000 later he will eventually get back his shotguns and single shots.

I have to call BS on the on legal entry. 4th amendment out the window....????????? it's in his house, they are on his property. ?

Wife and I were talking about this last night. The question came up...what if you have a handgun lying on the kitchen table, and you end up calling paramedics for some reason. When the EMT's come into your house, what will happen when they see the gun lying on the table?

Oh yeah, in MA of course...

(Not that I would leave an un-attended gun lying around...but lets say I was cleaning it when the need for an EMT came up!)

Wife and I were talking about this last night. The question came up...what if you have a handgun lying on the kitchen table, and you end up calling paramedics for some reason. When the EMT's come into your house, what will happen when they see the gun lying on the table? Oh yeah, in MA of course... (Not that I would leave an un-attended gun lying around...but lets say I was cleaning it when the need for an EMT came up!)

If you call for an ambulance, you don't just get an ambulance. A fire truck comes along and so does a police car.

Everyone tromps into the house. If the cop sees an unsecured firearm, he is probably going to seize it, and then you will likely get charged.

If you call for an ambulance, you don't just get an ambulance. A fire truck comes along and so does a police car.

Everyone tromps into the house. If the cop sees an unsecured firearm, he is probably going to seize it, and then you will likely get charged.

That is not an accurate across the board statement. I had to call the city ambulance service when I passed a gall stone and only an ambulance showed up. ( Leominster) No cops and no fire fighters. I live a block away from a fire station too.

Last edited:
Wife and I were talking about this last night. The question came up...what if you have a handgun lying on the kitchen table, and you end up calling paramedics for some reason. When the EMT's come into your house, what will happen when they see the gun lying on the table?

Oh yeah, in MA of course...

(Not that I would leave an un-attended gun lying around...but lets say I was cleaning it when the need for an EMT came up!)

If you're unfortunate enough to be experiencing a Widowmaker, make sure you at least Mexican carry on your way to the floor. If you survive, you were at least carrying it and can't be charged with improper storage.

Thank you, Massachusetts!

If you're wearing a firearm in your home, and end up needing Medical assistance while carrying(Let's assume you live inside the 128 FR belt), if you go unconscious, technically, you're not in direct control, it's chargeable as unlawful storage?

If you're wearing a firearm in your home, and end up needing Medical assistance while carrying(Let's assume you live inside the 128 FR belt), if you go unconscious, technically, you're not in direct control, it's chargeable as unlawful storage?

No, I don't think that would happen. Nor was that the question that he asked. If you are wearing it, then it is under your direct control.

If it is lying on a table and you are not near it, then you may not be in direct control.

In the former circumstance, you wouldn't be charged. In the latter, you may well be.

Last edited:

Good call. Rapid holster ass carry might be your only saving grace. [lol]

I think this sort of thing is going to be determined on the totality of the circumstances. There are people in NES who have been carrying when they had a medical situation. The police took their firearm and it was returned after they were released from the hospital, and no charges were filed.

If I was cleaning a gun at my workbench and collapsed right there, I doubt I would be charged with a storage violation. If, however, there were half a dozen guns strewn around the room where I was cleaning one gun when I collapsed, the police might suspect that those guns strewn about the room were being stored in those locations, and they might well try to charge me with a storage violation.

If I left a gun on my bench, went upstairs and collapsed upstairs, I might well be charged with a storage violation.

How sad it is that the media would never even think/never crossed their minds to ask the police how they gained entry without violating the 4A.

I do not know exactly what happened, but I read that he was "making home made fireworks". I may or may not live extremely close to where this happened. One night approximately 2-3 weeks ago, I may have heard an explosion that was really loud that came from the direction of his house. I honestly thought someones house blew up.

I do not know exactly what happened, but I read that he was "making home made fireworks". I may or may not live extremely close to where this happened. One night approximately 2-3 weeks ago, I may have heard an explosion that was really loud that came from the direction of his house. I honestly thought someones house blew up.

Building home made fireworks (if he really was doing that) is an invitation for a Darwin award.

Call in a kitchen fire in Boston and BPD automatically shows up for traffic control. 50/50 they walk into your house. 100 if a fireman/EMT mentions an unsecured firearm.

Call in a kitchen fire in Boston and BPD automatically shows up for traffic control. 50/50 they walk into your house. 100 if a fireman/EMT mentions an unsecured firearm.

Some years back, I was leaving for work when a woman in a passing car stopped to tell me she saw flames coming out of the chimney. I couldn't see any. I went back inside and checked the entire house from basement to attic. I still couldn't see anything.

I called the fire department non-emergency line and asked them to send someone by to check, if they weren't too busy.

You know what happened next. The fire department has two speeds: on or off. Less than five minutes later, there was a pumper truck in the street, a ladder truck in my driveway, a fire department command car in the street, and, of course, a police officer.

Two firemen went onto the roof to check the chimney. Two firemen and the cop came inside.

Back
Top Bottom