Gun Violence in Black Communities - If Not For Blacks - The US Would Be As Safe As Switzerland

Solution: MOER GUN LAWZ!!!! Also white gun owners bad.

“… gun safety laws can help address the epidemic of gun violence in Black communities. Recent research has found that specific policies, like waiting periods,50 firearm licensing laws,51 and strong public carry laws52 all reduce homicides in Black communities. Importantly, many of these policies enjoy strong support from Black Americans. A poll of Black Americans and Black gun owners found that these groups support a number of gun safety laws, in many cases at higher rates than white Americans and white gun owners.53

How does this math work?

Black men ages 18 to 25 die from gun homicides at a rate nearly 19 times that of white residents.14 This disparity means that while five out of every 100,000 young white people in these counties die from gun homicides, more than one in every 10,000 young Black people are killed in such incidents.

How does this math work?

Black men ages 18 to 25 die from gun homicides at a rate nearly 19 times that of white residents.14 This disparity means that while five out of every 100,000 young white people in these counties die from gun homicides, more than one in every 10,000 young Black people are killed in such incidents.

Math isn’t important to places like that.

But really they probably just missed a decimal point.

They should have said “nearly twice as many”

John McWhorter has suggested a 3-part plan

"The way I see it, if three things happened, Black America would be a new world.

First, the War on Drugs should end. It encourages a Black market in drugs that understandably tempts underserved people of color away from legal work, and it fosters encounters between Black people and the cops that, short of this utterly failed “war,” would have no reason to occur.

Second, especially in schools for less-advantaged kids, reading should be taught via phonics-based instruction, because it has consistently proven to be the best method for kids not from book-lined homes, of all races.

Third, market-targeted vocational education must be available at little or no cost to all who want it, and our post-World War II American sense that getting a college degree is the normal life trajectory of all respectable people must end."

There are decades of inertia to reverse in a Black culture where working an honest job for a living, schooling, marriage and raising children in two-parent families has been rejected as part of repressive White culture. Unemployed teen single mothers with children from multiple fathers is a norm in urban city centers, on 100% welfare even when living with one of the fathers.

But the notion of equity and “equal outcomes” more than derails implementing such a plan - it denies and decries it as racist oppression under White Supremacy.

McWhorter’s article from 2006 takes us to conclude no progress has been made in almost a generation.

Last edited:
Holy forking shirt balls!

I agree with something Giffords says!

It’s an economic problem, not a gun problem! I’ve been saying that for literally decades.
It's not a gun problem, but it's not an economic problem either.

Middle class blacks commit murder at a higher rate than poor whites and Asians. Black females commit murder at a higher rate than white and Asian men. (they're just barely outpaced by Hispanic men) The rate of violent crime amongst black Americans is on par with sub Saharan African countries. It really is a racial issue.

Middle class blacks commit murder at a higher rate than poor whites and Asians. Black females commit murder at a higher rate than white and Asian men. (they're just barely outpaced by Hispanic men) The rate of violent crime amongst black Americans is on par with sub Saharan African countries. It really is a racial issue.
So in other words ........... gonna ..........

I don’t think it’s a racial issue. If it were a racial issue, we would see the same outcomes from educated African immigrants, which we don’t. What we do have however is a cultural issue and need cultural pathways to prosperity that are not steeped in crime. When you have gangsta rappers as role models, are we really surprised at outcomes?

Certainly not racial. Likely cultural.

How does this math work?

5/100,000 = 0.00005
1/10,000 = 0.0001
0.00005 x 20 = 0.0001

Math isn’t important to places like that.

But really they probably just missed a decimal point.

They should have said “nearly twice as many”
No, it's 20x.

They're dumb enough to talk about rates that differ by a literal order of magnitude within the same sentence

Never mind. I'm sick.

“… gun safety laws can help address the epidemic of gun violence in Black communities. Recent research has found that specific policies, like waiting periods,50 firearm licensing laws,51 and strong public carry laws52 all reduce homicides in Black communities.
Can we also address the epidemics of gun violence in Jewish communities? How about the Nightly shooting sprees on Martha’s Vineyard?

Yeah there is a problem, but I don’t think it’s gunz. If only there were some common denominator we could identify….

John McWhorter has suggested a 3-part plan

"The way I see it, if three things happened, Black America would be a new world.

First, the War on Drugs should end. It encourages a Black market in drugs that understandably tempts underserved people of color away from legal work, and it fosters encounters between Black people and the cops that, short of this utterly failed “war,” would have no reason to occur.

Second, especially in schools for less-advantaged kids, reading should be taught via phonics-based instruction, because it has consistently proven to be the best method for kids not from book-lined homes, of all races.

Third, market-targeted vocational education must be available at little or no cost to all who want it, and our post-World War II American sense that getting a college degree is the normal life trajectory of all respectable people must end."

There are decades of inertia to reverse in a Black culture where working an honest job for a living, schooling, marriage and raising children in two-parent families has been rejected as part of repressive White culture. Unemployed teen single mothers with children from multiple fathers is a norm in urban city centers, on 100% welfare even when living with one of the fathers.

But the notion of equity and “equal outcomes” more than derails implementing such a plan - it denies and decries it as racist oppression under White Supremacy.

McWhorter’s article from 2006 takes us to conclude no progress has been made in almost a generation.

Well, part of the reason nothing has happened is the democratic party has benefited from keeping minorities in a form of perpetual slavery with the single mom welfare carousel.......

I don’t think it’s a racial issue. If it were a racial issue, we would see the same outcomes from educated African immigrants, which we don’t. What we do have however is a cultural issue and need cultural pathways to prosperity that are not steeped in crime. When you have gangsta rappers as role models, are we really surprised at outcomes?
This.

I'm always amazed when I hear of some talented rapper that starts to have a successful career. Then he's shooting it out with some other rapper who also finally got a career going.

Holy forking shirt balls!

I agree with something Giffords says!

It’s an economic problem, not a gun problem! I’ve been saying that for literally decades.
It's not economic, don't fool yourself, its a cultural problem and everybody is afraid to say it.

You can bet Hahvahd would dip into their multi-billion dollar endowment to fight that tooth and nail.

You can bet Hahvahd would dip into their multi-billion dollar endowment to fight that tooth and nail.
Secretly, a lot of liberal academics must be loving the SCOTUS rejection of Affirmative Action admissions. There is genuine fear that those admitted without adequate bona fides will score poorly in their courses, despite diminishing the rigor of curricula and inflating grades. Finding "unequal outcomes" in a a faculty member’s grade distribution is a death knell these days…

Back
Top Bottom