gun values

Isn't this a trick question.

Other than as a resouce number for insurance purposes (or as a place to start if you are going to list something for sale) those guides are basically not valid.

The true value of anything is what someone is willing to pay for it.

+1 for usp45nut's recommendations. Check the auction sites, look for completed auctions. I believe they better reflect current gun values. In my experience, Blue Book has to cover so many different firearms that they are frequently out of line with reality.

I also agree, the Blue Book is out of touch with reality....best is to look at completed auctions and see what people are willing to pay currently....that is the true measure of value of the weapon...

it does seem ( my opinion) that with the economy tanking, that it seems that there are more listings of firearms lately, and more listings of types you seldom saw....and my impression is that prices are also heading a bit lower...

Unfortunately it really is whatever the buyer is willing to pay. And whatever the delaler seller asks.

The blue book and auction sites are a good benchmark. But as this state is so totally screwed up, those real world prices tend to have no relation to what you'd pay here.. With the exception of New mass compliant stuff that is..

thx

tvi thx for the link i will have to peruse it

i'm trying to value a
s&w m&p airweight model 12-2 38spc 2" brl
w/ original s&w blue box.

it was my fathers, and he doesn't shoot anymore,
not that he ever really did shoot.
i'm not a big fan of revolvers, so i was thinking
of putting it up for sale. i don't want to give it away,
but i also don't want to price it out of range.
i was just looking for a good idea of what it's worth
for a selling price

thx
garyz

Gary, if interested in trades I have the unfired coach gun...
I did a quick search, I am not finding an M&P model 12..
Is it a hammerless w/ lock?

m&p

according to the ppwk w/ the box
38 military & police revolver
airweight model no. 12

not really interested in coach gun
thx
garyz

Back
Top Bottom