• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Storage in an Apartment

If I had the money right now I'd spring for a Zanotti Z2 in a heartbeat

Save your money because this is your best solution. No one will know you have a safe. They will think you just went shopping at IKEA. Save the packaging for your next move. No other modular safe is this quality and strength.

pallet-250x188.jpg

71Sj1o-ubGL._SL1500_.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B009KMI01UView: https://www.amazon.com/7501-Paragon-Lock-Safe-Rifle/dp/B009KMI01U

This was my first rifle safe and it served me VERY well. Lightweight to only need 2 people to carry. Holds 5 rifles and an internal safe cabinet for handguns and ammo. The keypad lock was a huge plus for me. It's not going to withstand a nuclear bomb, but for basic apartment needs I think this one is perfect.
How do they ship it? Can you tell it is a gun safe?

Asking because I had a Dillon 750 shipped to an apartment and the dam box said AMMUNITION FACTORY!! ... all over. LMAO. The Dillon guys make a great product and seem smart, but they make some stupid choices.

How do they ship it? Can you tell it is a gun safe?

Asking because I had a Dillon 750 shipped to an apartment and the dam box said AMMUNITION FACTORY!! ... all over. LMAO. The Dillkn guys make a great product and seem smart, but they make some stupid choices.

I have to say that living in a multi-family building in Boston you have to make sure any deliveries do come in nondescript boxes with nondescript shipping labels and make sure no packages get stolen. It's a pain in the ass. Even more fun when there are multiple people in the complex with the same first and last name as you.... uuuuuugggghhhhh!

Hello NES braintrust.

I'm currently in the process of moving into my first apartment. Due to the nature of my apartment I cannot bring in a full size gun safe. So I'm looking for any advise to secure a gun cabinet without being able to bolt it to the floor. And preferably keep the cabinet as discreet as possible.

How do you keep you rifles safe and out of the way in an apartment? My idea is to bolt a steel cabinet to the inside of a wardrobe.
I’m currently apartment living also. You could hire a couple of young gorillas to move the safe for you or you could downsize your collection. Thankfully I am able to keep most of my collection at the old house and only keep a pistol here.

a storage unit might work? If you bring them to the apartment, just keep them in your bedroom. Most maintenance crap happens in the kitchen or shitter, so rarely will anyone go in your bedroom. If they do, throw a blanket over the safe.

If'in ya can't swing the $16k for the Cali-King Bed Bunker this one may be a financially friendlier option.

If you have some spare cash. But it could give you ideas.

<Couch Bunker - Heracles Research Corp.>
Only now clicked on the video.

With a name like "Couch Bunker",
I was hoping the couch was a mini-safe room -
to hide in during home invasions.

Polish émigré author Jerzy Kosiński gradually acquired the reputation
of being a congenital fabulist.

But he once bragged that his experience in surviving the Holocaust
and sneaking through the Iron Curtain
gave him the ability to hide himself from casual discovery
in any room, given only a minute's warning.

I also assume the "it" that was supposed to give OP "ideas"
was the Couch Bunker and not the Heracles Research spokesmodel.
ETA: She does seem "high-maintenance"; hence the need for spare cash.

I’m currently apartment living also. You could hire a couple of young gorillas to move the safe for you or you could downsize your collection. Thankfully I am able to keep most of my collection at the old house and only keep a pistol here.

a storage unit might work? If you bring them to the apartment, just keep them in your bedroom. Most maintenance crap happens in the kitchen or shitter, so rarely will anyone go in your bedroom. If they do, throw a blanket over the safe.
Question for the NES braintrust...storage unit out of state, say a free state...issues with any potential non MA compliant items there as long as they don’t end up in MA (such as temp location while a move is going on)?

Polish émigré author Jerzy Kosiński gradually acquired the reputation
of being a congenital fabulist.

But he once bragged that his experience in surviving the Holocaust
and sneaking through the Iron Curtain
gave him the ability to hide himself from casual discovery
in any room, given only a minute's warning.

1595788829725.png 1595789017365.png 1595789072971.png 1595789303081.png

Last edited:
Pelican case and be done. Can be used for many years after you move out. A smallish lightweight steel box is a waste of money IMO.

Many ways to secure it too a wall making it a PITA to deal with. If you are really nervous you could attach a Liberty Elert to it. If it's touched you get a message & email to your phone in seconds.
I have 2 Pelican cases 1 rifle and 1 pistol great cases but light they are not. The rifle case with 2 rifles weighs a good 20 lbs,with my 1874 Sharps 30 lbs.

G
I have 2 Pelican cases 1 rifle and 1 pistol great cases but light they are not. The rifle case with 2 rifles weighs a good 20 lbs,with my 1874 Sharps 30 lbs.
How much cash to you want to spend? Pelican cases are lockable. Just get a 4-pack of small padlocks at Lowe's or Home Depot and you have MA legal storage for very short $$.

Back
Top Bottom