Gun seized after man walked into Brockton hospital with it holstered

Or perhaps even a <shudder> jury of your peers. My recent experience with anything GUNZ regardless of actual law means your automatically guilty with little or no deliberation involved yet the old pervert who has a habit of getting young girls drunk before raping them ends up inconclusive.

Let poor Ted Rest In Peace.

He's screwed. Failed to notify of the move. If he gets out of all the other charges, he's done in MA with firearms forever.

you can't carry in hospital right?

There is currently no law preventing the possession of a firearm on hospital property. They refused him service and asked him to leave to due to their policies. The Hospital Staff overreacted (as usual) and called the cops. Situation snowballed from there.

There is currently no law preventing the possession of a firearm on hospital property. They refused him service and asked him to leave to due to their policies. The Hospital Staff overreacted (as usual) and called the cops. Situation snowballed from there.
Normally, the police would be called, the LTC checked, and the gun taken for later pickup by the LTC holder once treated for the medical problem.

Sometimes it’s best to proceed with caution, like not carrying into a hospital. The majority of medical facilities in mass are no firearms areas. Secondly in mass the law is they have to be in a locked container not just a trigger lock. While it sucks his wife made life hell for the guy, a brief review of Mass firearms ( even if they are dumb) laws would have saved him a lot of grief. So in this case he was his own worst enemy. My guess is the wife didn’t run over and tell the cops there was improperly stored firearms rather they asked if he had others, where they are located etc and she gave it up.

Secondly in mass the law is they have to be in a locked container not just a trigger lock.
No it clearly states a Locked Container in the law

"Section 131L. (a) It shall be unlawful to store or keep any firearm, rifle or shotgun including, but not limited to, large capacity weapons, or machine gun in any place unless such weapon is secured in a locked container or equipped with a tamper-resistant mechanical lock or other safety device, properly engaged so as to render such weapon inoperable by any person other than the owner or other lawfully authorized user. For purposes of this section, such weapon shall not be deemed stored or kept if carried by or under the control of the owner or other lawfully authorized user."

"Section 131L. (a) It shall be unlawful to store or keep any firearm, rifle or shotgun including, but not limited to, large capacity weapons, or machine gun in any place unless such weapon is secured in a locked container or equipped with a tamper-resistant mechanical lock or other safety device, properly engaged so as to render such weapon inoperable by any person other than the owner or other lawfully authorized user. For purposes of this section, such weapon shall not be deemed stored or kept if carried by or under the control of the owner or other lawfully authorized user."

Based on the cops that I know the same thing that happened to this guy will likely happen to anyone just storing them with a trigger lock. I always advocate mass stupidity protection by advising people put them in a gun safe, unloaded etc. Because I choose to be even more cautious most of mine have the firing pin removed and stored in another safe. Having firearms out with just a trigger lock on them provides the PoPo with an opportunity to not only take them but make the case you are irresponsible with your storage etc and the rescind or not renew you CC.

No different than the Open Carry laws in Mass, huge grey area but why poke the bear and spend 10s thousands on lawyers.

So you can go argue the semantics of. “OR” , I’d rather insure I keep my sh*t and not give some ahole a reason to remove it.

you can't carry in hospital right?

Yes you can.

No it clearly states a Locked Container in the law

No it doesn't.

Because I choose to be even more cautious most of mine have the firing pin removed and stored in another safe. Having firearms out with just a trigger lock on them provides the PoPo with an opportunity to not only take them but make the case you are irresponsible with your storage etc and the rescind or not renew you CC.

So you can go argue the semantics of. “OR” , I’d rather insure I keep my sh*t and not give some ahole a reason to remove it.

[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][rofl][rofl][rofl]. Dear Lord!! I almost spit coffee all over my keyboard. You keep your firearms in one safe and the firing pins in another??!! [laugh2][laugh2][laugh2].
Why stop there? Why not remove all of the triggers too? Or take the Bob Lee Swagger approach and swap all out the firing pins with pins that are just a little to short? Or go with the John Wick storage and bury them in the garage and pour concrete over them so that you have to break out the sledge hammer to retrieve them.
OMG -- I am still laughing at this. We gotta start a " who else removes the firing pins?" poll.

Based on the cops that I know the same thing that happened to this guy will likely happen to anyone just storing them with a trigger lock. I always advocate mass stupidity protection by advising people put them in a gun safe, unloaded etc. Because I choose to be even more cautious most of mine have the firing pin removed and stored in another safe. Having firearms out with just a trigger lock on them provides the PoPo with an opportunity to not only take them but make the case you are irresponsible with your storage etc and the rescind or not renew you CC.

No different than the Open Carry laws in Mass, huge grey area but why poke the bear and spend 10s thousands on lawyers.

There is a difference between what is law and what tyrant cops are willing to use to jack up charges on you. I hope the cops you know aren’t friends.

Bottom line is if this guy had trigger locks on his firearms improper storage should not be an issue for him.

Can't tell if trolling or serious....

If serious, I really miss the neg rep system. So much of what you said is blatantly wrong.

Yes you can.

No it doesn't.

[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][rofl][rofl][rofl]. Dear Lord!! I almost spit coffee all over my keyboard. You keep your firearms in one safe and the firing pins in another??!! [laugh2][laugh2][laugh2].
Why stop there? Why not remove all of the triggers too? Or take the Bob Lee Swagger approach and swap all out the firing pins with pins that are just a little to short? Or go with the John Wick storage and bury them in the garage and pour concrete over them so that you have to break out the sledge hammer to retrieve them.
OMG -- I am still laughing at this. We gotta start a " who else removes the firing pins?" poll.

Your response is even funnier if you read it using the Stewie from “Family Guy” voice. [rofl]

I’ll take it one step further and put a zip tie through the barrel and around the slide while keeping the frames in a climate-controlled storage 3 towns over.

Don’t get me started on what I do with my bolt carrier groups and the scavenger hunt map I use to retrieve them, you know, for safe storage.

The original story straight from the horses mouth was coercion after SHE tried to diffuse an escalating situation as HE initally chose the mouth shut route. As much as I hear it touted and do prescribe it for my own use it can really trigger some enexpected results. I almost think a lawyer on retainer is worth its weight in gold.

Yes you can.

No it doesn't.

So you’re wrong , and in fact most hospitals have a No Firearm policy. If you’re not sure what means , it means no firearms.

As for my storage WTF do you care? I’d rather not have my shit stolen so I take extra steps to insure they are not and if they are they will be useless. Maybe if I owned cheap firearms I wouldn’t care but I do. They have books on how to easily remove bolts, firing pins etc. just in case you get lost.

There is a difference between what is law and what tyrant cops are willing to use to jack up charges on you. I hope the cops you know aren’t friends.

Bottom line is if this guy had trigger locks on his firearms improper storage should not be an issue for him.

I know what the law says and yes these Leo’s are my friends and this is Massachusetts which doesn’t aide with the gun owner

Your response is even funnier if you read it using the Stewie from “Family Guy” voice. [rofl]

I’ll take it one step further and put a zip tie through the barrel and around the slide while keeping the frames in a climate-controlled storage 3 towns over.

Don’t get me started on what I do with my bolt carrier groups and the scavenger hunt map I use to retrieve them, you know, for safe storage.

How you choose to stir your I could give a sh*t less. How I choose to store mine is my business. I like them separated and cleaned etc. maybe you like to toss yours in a pile, again really don’t care. As for my everyday carry it’s in my biometric safe and that’s ready to go when needed. The others, stored, cleaned and safe as they should be. You guys are funny though, so many cool gun experts , yah right

I know what the law says and yes these Leo’s are my friends and this is Massachusetts which doesn’t aide with the gun owner

So your LEO friends have heir own interpretation of what the law is. And even though it clearly states a trigger lock meets the definition of proper storage they would still charge someone.

Got it. Your friends should be ashamed.

Sure in theory he should be but then again Mass

So your LEO friends have heir own interpretation of what the law is. And even though it clearly states a trigger lock meets the definition of proper storage they would still charge someone.

Got it. Your friends should be ashamed.

Sure because they are the only ones with that opinion

Sure because they are the only ones with that opinion

What’s your point? Because they can’t think for themselves and follow what the actual law is that’s excusable? And your ok with it?

Edit: Law isn’t opinion it is the law. LEO’s using their opinion instead of the law is part of the problem.

What’s your point? Because they can’t think for themselves and follow what the actual law is that’s excusable? And your ok with it?

Edit: Law isn’t opinion it is the law. LEO’s using their opinion instead of the law is part of the problem.

I don’t control people’s opinions nor do I give a crap what they think. The point is many have the opinion, is it wrong, yep but as I said before this is Mass and it’s not on your side nor will it ever be.

Yes you can.

No it doesn't.

That’s silly, I just removed both my index fingers.

Back
Top Bottom