• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Records

NES Member
Largest Gun
The Schwerer Gustav measured 42.9 m (141 ft) long and had a crew of 1,500. The caliber was 80 cm (31.4 in), and the gun was used by the Germans in July 1942 in the siege of Sevastopol, USSR (now Ukraine).

Most Widely Used Firearm
The world's most widely used firearm is the Automatic Kalashnikov 1947 (AK-47). During the Cold War, the former USSR supplied these arms to anti-Western insurgents and thus the rifle became a popular symbol of left-wing revolution. Between 50 and 80 million copies and variations of the AK-47 have been produced globally.
The gun was developed in the early 1940s by Russian designer Mikhail Timofeyevich Kalashinikov. There have been numerous modernized versions of his basic design, types of which are in service with almost all ex-Communist militaries.

Largest Revolver
The world's largest revolver weighs 45 kg (99.2 lb), has a length of 1.26 m (49.6 in), a height of 40 cm (15.7 in) and is a working, scaled-up copy of a Remington 1859. It was built by Ryszard Tobys of Czempin, Poland and test-fired on July 15, 2002. The gun holds 6 bullets, each weighing 136 g (4.7 oz), with a caliber of 28 mm (1.1 in).

Between May 31 and June 2, 2002, the titanic revolver was used in a shooting competition between NATO Reserve Forces from Great Britain, Denmark, the Czech Republic, Germany and Poland. After three days of firing the fantastic firearm, the prize went to representatives from the Czech Republic

Men's 25-m Rapid Fire Pistol Shooting
Ralf Schumann (Germany) became the record holder in the men's 25-m rapid fire pistol shooting when he scored 699.7 points in Barcelona, Spain, on June 8, 1994.

Moderator said:
Largest Revolver
The world's largest revolver weighs 45 kg (99.2 lb), has a length of 1.26 m (49.6 in), a height of 40 cm (15.7 in) and is a working, scaled-up copy of a Remington 1859. It was built by Ryszard Tobys of Czempin, Poland and test-fired on July 15, 2002. The gun holds 6 bullets, each weighing 136 g (4.7 oz), with a caliber of 28 mm (1.1 in).

Between May 31 and June 2, 2002, the titanic revolver was used in a shooting competition between NATO Reserve Forces from Great Britain, Denmark, the Czech Republic, Germany and Poland. After three days of firing the fantastic firearm, the prize went to representatives from the Czech Republic

But, if I tried to put that into my Avitar, my mug would be so small that I'd not be able to scare little children!

World's Least Used Gun:

My 686P .357. I haven't had enough time or cash to send it to S&W so it's just been sitting unused in my gun box for months... [cry]

SiameseRat said:
World's Least Used Gun:

My 686P .357. I haven't had enough time or cash to send it to S&W so it's just been sitting unused in my gun box for months... [cry]

Whad needs to be done to it?

Adam

SiameseRat said:
World's Least Used Gun:

I would say drive it out there, but with the price of gas these days...

When I had to sent my 686P back to get the chambers reamed properly, I actually just dropped it off there. I was on my way west, so it was a 20 minute detour off of the Pike.

Ross

OK... I'm not the boastful type but...Back
in 1974 when I was 17 I was on a 3 man team that set a NRA national record at the junior 10 meter ISU percision air rifle match at MIT.

SiameseRat said:
World's Least Used Gun:

If you need warranty work on your S&W, just call their 800 number, and they will send you a shipping label. They pay for shipping both ways on any warranty work.

So, that takes care of money, can't help you with the time!

Back
Top Bottom