Gun Owner Points LC9 at Police

When did they come out with a new list?

I have no Idea on that.

I mailed Four Seasons the other day and inquired about the LC9, I got this back. Sorry, these are no longer MA legal. Carl

Sucks cause I was looking at it for my first carry, think I'll start looking at the Shield now.

Tim

I seen that listed here the other day and was siked cause I want a LC9, so I mailed four seasons, I don't know what's going on, I figure if four seasons says it's not compliant they should know.

Tim [sad2]

I'd call them and ask about it. It's on the list, they should be able to sell it.

I seen that listed here the other day and was siked cause I want a LC9, so I mailed four seasons, I don't know what's going on, I figure if four seasons says it's not compliant they should know.

Tim [sad2]

This comes under the AG's consumer protection law. Ruger says the LC9 is not MA compliant on their Web site, so Four Seasons won't take the chance of violating that law and being fined and losing their FFL. Other FFLs might not have the same view, so they continue to sell them.

I was not there and don't know what really happened, but how many on this board talk about showing up armed when there is a late night knock at the door. Guy seems of questionable character if the original complaint is true. I just view everything through a lens that factors in a very highly biased media report (especially in this state) as well as one that will not forget Jose Guerena. I'm not willing to condemn the guy based on any news report.

Well......I do show up at my door armed at night but have the brains to look to see who it is out the window first and holster the fire arm if I recognize them. If you have no way to view who is at your door before upening it may I sugges installing a darn peep hole.....it jsut makes sense. My point is this idiot should have holstered the damn gun the second he saw there were cops at the door.......he is VERY lucky the officers had some restraint........I would not blame them if they did shoot him!

This guy drinks natty light......and has an LC9 for home defense........jumpin jesus this guy has serious issues!

This guy drinks natty light......and has an LC9 for home defense........jumpin jesus this guy has serious issues!

Didn't the article quote the LEO as saying it was. A two-tone or shiny slide and black frame or something? Unless Ruger has made a new version or it was a distributor special, that doesn't sound like an LC9.

Didn't the article quote the LEO as saying it was. A two-tone or shiny slide and black frame or something? Unless Ruger has made a new version or it was a distributor special, that doesn't sound like an LC9.

Cerakote or polishing the slide can accomplish that.

This comes under the AG's consumer protection law. Ruger says the LC9 is not MA compliant on their Web site, so Four Seasons won't take the chance of violating that law and being fined and losing their FFL. Other FFLs might not have the same view, so they continue to sell them.

Not necessarily. Ruger may have made a change to the gun that requires that it be retested/recertified for the roster... (or at least that's what their lawyers at ruger think). Since the gun is a flaming POS, Ruger making major changes to the design wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Generally speaking most MA FFLs also stop selling something when their distributors run around yelling "its not compliant its not compliant" etc... regardless of whether or not it would pass muster.

-Mike

Not necessarily. Ruger may have made a change to the gun that requires that it be retested/recertified for the roster... (or at least that's what their lawyers at ruger think). Since the gun is a flaming POS, Ruger making major changes to the design wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Generally speaking most MA FFLs also stop selling something when their distributors run around yelling "its not compliant its not compliant" etc... regardless of whether or not it would pass muster.

-Mike
I'm sure you're correct. My statement is based on my experience when I was in Four Seasons and asked if they had any LC9s. The person said "No, they're not MA compliant." When I questioned that, he called up the Web site and said "See, this says they're not MA compliant." From what I understand, the AG doesn't have a list. They depend on the manufacturer and dealers to not sell any in MA that aren't MA compliant if the manufacturer can't show some sort of proof that they are. Sort of self regulating. Whatever Ruger is doing to them, Ruger has designated them not compliant, not MA.

I'm sure you're correct. My statement is based on my experience when I was in Four Seasons and asked if they had any LC9s. The person said "No, they're not MA compliant." When I questioned that, he called up the Web site and said "See, this says they're not MA compliant." From what I understand, the AG doesn't have a list. They depend on the manufacturer and dealers to not sell any in MA that aren't MA compliant if the manufacturer can't show some sort of proof that they are. Sort of self regulating. Whatever Ruger is doing to them, Ruger has designated them not compliant, not MA.

Yeah, but you specifically mentioned the consumer protection bs (AG regs, AKA CMR940) which, at least in this case, likely has nothing to do with why the gun isn't compliant. There is no test for CMR940, there is a testing regimen for EOPS. AG Reg (CMR940) compliance consists of the vendor claiming "we think we're CMR940 compliant" and then the AG bitching about it... or not. I haven't heard anything about the AG bitching about the MKIII or the LC9... this is strictly ruger's "thing".

-Mike

"held without bail pending a dangerousness hearing"

Why do I *NEVER* read this when it comes to gangbangers shooting each other in springfield.. Never, not even once. The only time I ever read that sentence is when someone with a ltc does something stupid.

my girlfriend carries an LC9 that has a black frame and shiny slide with decorate scroll engraving work on it

gotta be pretty

Back
Top Bottom