• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Dreams

Infinite Jester

Navy Veteran
Phew. Glad I woke up.
I was on the couch on this lazy Saturday afternoon, watching a bad Dennis Hopper thriller from 2000 about a serial killer on Netflix, and sleeping fitfully.
I was dreaming that some guy had my family and in order to save them, I needed my handgun. Every time I had an opportunity to do something about it, there was an issue. The slide catch stuck once, then my magazine was empty. The worst one was trying to put my gun back together from a field strip position, behind my back. I was being sneaky, because he had a gun on my kids. I thought I had it done, only to find out that I had put the recoil spring where the barrel should be. I actually had another opportunity to fix this mistake, but the spring morphed into this long, twisted, variation of itself, like a pulled out slinky.

Does anyone else have gun related dreams?

Enough with this dreaming stuff already. All it does is cause me endless stress. It was a long week at work, and instead of a nice afternoon nap, I have to dream about firearm proficiency. Wonderful[angry]

the movie with Wesley Snipes, & Viggo Mortensen, Boiling point ???

No. Had to look that one up. Probably would have been better than the one I watched, er, slept thru. Prophet's Game it was called.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like you have performance anxiety.

I prescribe one defensive pistol class and two IDPA matches.

Dr. Don

Thanks Doc, I knew your diagnosis would be accurate.

No. Had to look that one up. Probably would have been better than the one I watched, er, slept thru. Prophet's Game it was called.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Doc, I knew your diagnosis would be accurate.

MRA had a snub gun match today. We had all kinds of screw ups. Most guys shot well, but a lot of us, including myself made mistakes in our gun handling, or discovered incompatibilities in our equipment. One guy who went 3 for 3 in about 1.5 seconds on the Texas star couldn't get his Safariland speedloader to release because he was pushing it from the center. He had HKS on the brain. He learned something.

I couldn't get my HKS speed loader to drop its rounds because of the angle required by my CT lasergrip. Ooops. I learned something.

Another guy had failures to fire after doing a trigger job on an airweight. He learned something.

I suggested removing the grip and turning the main spring tension screw to bump up the hammer energy. I was informed by another member, a guy who knows revolvers, that the J frame airweight doesn't have a tension adjustment screw. Hmm. I learned something else.

One of the guys watching me noted that my laser dot moved abruptly to the right just as the shot broke. Hmm. I'm pushing the trigger. I learned something ELSE.

Better to be bloodied in training than to die in battle.

A good time was had by all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom