• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Confiscation Coming in Virginia

The court system at work........In real time

In real time, almost a year and a half ago?

I believe there’s actually an active case with the Supreme Court, Worman vs. Healey. It’s over Healey’s recent reinterpretation of the assault weapons ban in MA. I believe this is scheduled to be heard by the Surpeme Court in 2020. Checkout the link below.

Worman vs Healey

Trump has NO PATH TO REELECTION if he fails to support his base in Va that are fighting against gov blackface...whats going on in Va is a national issue
Does he really care though? He is a tough guy for me to figure out. I'm split 50% on this being a troll that went too far or just a final feather in his cap after a long life. Maybe I'm cynical, But it's hard for me to believe that he actually cares. Only someone (in his position) that was truly selfless would want that effing job after the first term.

“fall outside the scope of the Second Amendment’s personal right to bear arms.”

There is the problem. Liberal donk interpretation.

“In the absence of federal legislation...”

And this is the solution.

Might have been a year but it still has been done. And approved by them

Could use a better idea of who "them" is? The referenced injustice here in MA is attributable to one political climbing hack, Maura Healey.

No real associated between Worman v. Healey and events in VA other than perhaps Maura is taking Bloomberg money like the Politicians who just got into office in VA.

Nothing has gone to court in VA it is all threats by politicians at this point, as here Maura is also so far just threatening people -- difference being in VA local city councils, police chiefs, and sheriffs have said they are not going to enforce these threats. That will never happen here the citizens will be on their own.

In any event to put a bow on this before returning to talk of VA...

Worman v. Healey will be discussed in conference by the SCOTUS one week from this coming Friday on 1/10/2020.

More information on the docket and opportunities to donate support can be found at...

🐯

“fall outside the scope of the Second Amendment’s personal right to bear arms.”

There is the problem. Liberal donk interpretation.

“In the absence of federal legislation...”

And this is the solution.

If the marxists want to play word games, I can too.

Look! Now I'm making a case for tar and feathering this federal judge:

without guidance from the federal government, tarring and feathering "fall outside the scope of the 8th amendmant's personal right to be free from cruel and unusual punishment"

see how easy that was?

without guidance from the federal government, tarring and feathering "fall outside the scope of the 8th amendmant's personal right to be free from cruel and unusual punishment"

see how easy that was?

Taring and feathering is much too much work. A blindfold, a cigarette, six riflemen and a wall are much easier, quicker and humane. It's even a choice given to death row inmates in some states.

Taring and feathering is much too much work. A blindfold, a cigarette, six riflemen and a wall are much easier, quicker and humane. It's even a choice given to death row inmates in some states.
Can we withhold the final meal too?

see how easy that was?

I mean couldn't we just start by banging their wives, leaving an upper decker in the toilet tank, and or shit in the sink, and throw their keys on the roof? That might be a good place to
start.... I suppose that's still "unusual" ....

-Mike

Come on down to whatlucks bargain basement manufactury!

We have the best handmade machine guns on the east coast!

We offer custom engraving to give your gift that personal touch!

We offer group classes, be sure to ask about birthday parties!

Children under 30 get free entrance and a special gift!

Ask about our layaway program for people from Lynn!

Etc etc

The shit sells itself.
Looks boss!!

Is there a good summary of what is happening and scheduled to happen in Virginia? Would like to send this out to club members. Thanks.

Is there a good summary of what is happening and scheduled to happen in Virginia? Would like to send this out to club members. Thanks.

A lot said on VCDL, Bearing Arms and other podcasts about leaving those AR15s, camo and web gear at home.

I'll bet the guys wearing it backwards that get on CNN cameras are Moms in disguise...

A lot said on VCDL, Bearing Arms and other podcasts about leaving those AR15s, camo and web gear at home.

I'll bet the guys wearing it backwards that get on CNN cameras are Moms in disguise...

It's true, VCDL (for reasons of "optics") does not endorse the idea of open-carrying rifles. This thing seems to be a grassroots phenomenon, and has developed a leadership all its own, quite apart from the VCDL, and I actually think that distance from VCDL is a good thing.

I'd say that anybody who thinks that the earnest and respectable VCDL suits and ties are going to accomplish a single f***ing thing on lobby day hasn't been paying attention to New York or Connecticut or California. Do you actually think the politicians in those places were in any way swayed by the sincere and articulate upstate rural voices that spoke in opposition to their gun control plans? Do you think the "reasonableness" of their demeanor changed a single vote in the legislature? Bitch, please.

During the rallies at the MA State House I was dressed very nicely, and I spoke to my representatives--and quite frankly, they didn't give a shit about anything I had to say. I got the distinct sense that they didn't particularly care if I was made into a felon by decree, or if I was sent to jail, or if my life was ruined by "laws" they just decided to pass via a 7am press conference and Boston globe op-ed on a drunken progressive whim because they were all caught up in the intoxicating excitement of the inevitability of a Hillary Clinton presidency (and it's just going to be SO GREAT when we are running EVERYTHING!!!!! YAAAAAY HILLARY!!!!).

OK. Lesson learned.

Virginia is going to go its own way. And I'd say this is going to be pretty interesting.

Last edited:
I still think other states like NY, CA and MA will get together and convince VA dems only to pass an AWB to avoid anything else escalating to SCOTUS or giving Trump a reason to intervene.

They will do this because they know a "regular" AWB will just be followed and everyone will cave to it. All the outcry and rallies will quickly fade with a whimper and another state will have fallen to the antis.

Other AWB states are not going to let VA f*** up their power grabs by giving SCOTUS a reason to take on a ban case. So far the court has done everything in its power to avoid dealing with every law that is a clear violation of their decisions in McDonald/Heller.

It's true, VCDL (for reasons of "optics") does not endorse the idea of open carrying rifles. This thing seems to be a grassroots phenomenon, and has developed a leadership all its own, quite apart from the VCDL, and I actually think that distance from VCDL is a good thing.

I'd say that anybody who thinks that the earnest and respectable VCDL suits and ties are going to accomplish a single f***ing thing on lobby day hasn't been paying attention to New York or Connecticut or California. Do you actually think the politicians in those places were in any way swayed by the sincere and articulate upstate rural voices that spoke in opposition to their gun control plans? Do you think the "reasonableness" of their demeanor changed a single vote in the legislature? Bitch, please.

I don't think its reasonable to assume that people or pols are unilaterally the same across the US. Particularly not in VA where the dem majority is "new" and pretty
vulnerable compared to all of the states you just mentioned. In CA a pol could rape a kid and have it on video and get reelected. You can't possibly think that comparing
what goes on in those states is anywhere similar to what might happen in VA.

VCDL has gone between both "soft sell" and "slightly edgy" too, knowing there is a time and a place for everything. Look at the raft of laws changed for the better in whole bunches of states.... I'm going to hazard a guess most of that work wasn't done by some smelly guy in cammo with gravy stains toting a boogerized SKS into his legislator's office... [rofl]

-Mike

I don't think its reasonable to assume that people or pols are unilaterally the same across the US. Particularly not in VA where the dem majority is "new" and pretty
vulnerable compared to all of the states you just mentioned. In CA a pol could rape a kid and have it on video and get reelected. You can't possibly think that comparing

VCDL has gone between both "soft sell" and "slightly edgy" too, knowing there is a time and a place for everything. Look at the raft of laws changed for the better in whole bunches of states.... I'm going to hazard a guess most of that work wasn't done by some smelly guy in cammo with gravy stains toting a boogerized SKS into his legislator's office... [rofl]

-Mike

nteresting.

-Mike

Based on your preconceptions (as expressed), I don't think you have any clue as to the caliber (or resumes) of some of the people who are intending to open-carry at this rally.

And that THAT is how you imagine them speaks volumes about who YOU are.

Maybe think about pulling your head out of your ass. Maybe.

FYI, note that unless something changed, Virginia has formal reciprocity with the Utah non-res CWP.

Will stand corrected if that has changed.

nteresting.

Based on your preconceptions (as expressed), I don't think you have any clue as to the caliber (or resumes) of some of the people who are intending to open-carry at this rally.

And that THAT is how you imagine them speaks volumes about who YOU are.

Maybe think about pulling your head out of your ass. Maybe.

I never said anything about the people OCing at this rally specifically. I made a general statement about political calculations and appearances. Hell VCDL used to have open carry (pistols) in restaurants as a form of protest (because of the stupid restauraunt CCW ban even if not drinking alcohol) amongst other things. And I remember Philip Van Cleve speaking at hearings with a gun on his hip.

So, you might want to pull your own head out of your ass, and stop reading too far into something.

-Mike

I'm going to hazard a guess most of that work wasn't done by some smelly guy in cammo with gravy stains toting a boogerized SKS into his legislator's office... [rofl]

1nmdmr.jpg

(Okay, maybe not the gravy stains or boogerised SKS.)
[grin]

VCDL has a great track record. They converted VA from "may issue" to "shall issue." They got rid of the one-handgun-per-month law. They have had overturned many municipal anti-gun laws, such as banning carrying in city parks or public events. VCDL is not just Phil van Cleave, it's heart is scores of committed citizens working the political process in an honest way to defend 2A in VA. They really do work the process as intended, including nearly constant interaction with their local and state elected officials. If the NRA-ILA had the ethics and tactics of VCDL, we would all own machine guns today.

You'll travel a long way before you find an equally honorable, committed man as Phil van Cleave.

Stephen Halbrook - a constitutional law attorney with a 3-0 winning 2ndA case record at SCOTUS - wrote a great review on the history of bearing arms, starting with Edward III’s Statute of Northampton of 1328 prohibiting the carry of arms to the terror of the people. In the ~700 years since, this common-law statement of the natural right to self-defense has had its ups and downs. The key factor, as Halbrook explains in detail, is intention. If the people are terrified by guns, that does suggest that the bearing of arms was intended to terrify the people. It only marks the wussies. "Contrary to litigation-driven revisionist history, the right peaceably to bear arms is a pervading liberty in the American tradition."

That said, the Katie Couric "Under the Gun" documentary debacle show the lengths to which anti-gun media will go to deceive and mislead the public. There's virtually no way to assure that distorted Lobby Day videos made by anti-gunners won't go viral before "the editors apologise for the error" in editing. They will splice in video of ISIS firing RPGs in Syria if they can't find a Bubba in camo carrying an AR. About the best option is to get viral first - videos of peaceful assembly of armed demonstrators, videos of Leftists trying to provoke altercations and videos of the liberal media trying to video such provocation. We have only a few resources able to tap into MSM (Cam Edwards/Bearing Arms, etc.) to push the message upstream before or while the Left distorts events.

Go or give Virginia Citizens Defense League - Contribute

Back
Top Bottom